Get in the Ring. Never Played Live...

Hey Gunners,

I just thought i'd put it out there that I reckon Get in the Ring would absolutely KILL in a live context, yeah it's a bit of a 'Jokey' or tongue in cheek... bad damn I reckon that song would RIP live!!

Who's with me? That classic bluesy, slutty intro and the sheer sneer and tenacity of all its punk glory. the name-calling section would be interesting to see what they fire out ;)

I reckon it would literally blow the roof off any venue and the faces off any crowd.

Damn.

(I won't do a vote etc, but i don't often see it discussed much.)

Loathe it or think it would shred?

Edit: Sorry if this has already been discussed in detail, I'm just a shady lurker on here mostly :)

Edited by Shaolin Punk
  • Like 2

I would love it if they played it. Even just the Slash intro lick would be cool like in one of the jams or something.

(I also love the song because my voice is on it! Saratoga Springs '91- crowd doing the chanting. Sorry to be the guy who says that like 4 times now in various threads! :lol: But hey- if your voice was somewhere on the UYIs, so would you!)

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Nintari said:

Yup, they should play it and just remove the middle rant. It would be great.

This would work. That part the song is the main problem, the rest is pretty cool. They could get the crown chanting "Get in the ring" as well!

• Like 3

Ugh, the middle rant. Cut that. It ruins the song. When I was 17 it sounded cool and edgy, but now it just makes me cringe.

Other than, it's a fun song. Nothing special IMO, but it's ok. But I personally wouldn't want them to play this song live.

I still fight back with people using, "You wanna antagonize me?! Antagonize me mother f*cker!" - and they usually don't know where I got that from.

And your guys' rewrites of the rant are cracking me up.

Edited by DizzyReed63
Read a few other posts in thread
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Silent Jay said:

Such a waste of a good song

Could easily be classic musically.  They really should re-work the lyrics...would be cool to gear a new version on a best of album...or something along those lines.

• Like 1

Love this song! Just think of the rant Axl could do now!

I remember hearing Axl say in an interview how the other band members loved his rant, but when those people bitched about it, the other band members didn't back him up. Could be the song brings up bad memories for Axl.

No matter, I love this song and I love the rant!

Axl at his best!:axl92:

• Like 2