Show Openers Other Than It's So Easy

It's so Easy is a cool tune to use as the show opener for this tour, but what other songs would really set or change the mood of the show...currently part of the set or not?  Not nitpicking, just curious... 

My choices: 

My Michelle, Locomotive, Mr. Brownstone, Right Next Door To Hell

• Like 1

The My Michelle intro is so fucking amazing! The transition is something that I'll never get tired of hearing.

Now whenever I listen to it I feel like I'm right back on that rail seeing Slash play it right in front of me with Adler on the drums where he's meant to be. Out Ta Get Me and My Michelle have become my favorites now because of that night. 

• Like 1

I think It's So Easy is quite a good pick as a throwback to the old days, as well as being a good warm up song for Axl's voice.

But, in a perfect world I'd have to say the best song to open with is Welcome to the Jungle. I mean, come on!  Any song called 'Welcome to.." with an intro buildup that great has to be a given.

Saw them in open with it in 07, first time in my country in 14 years or something and the place went fucking nuts, still gives me goosebumps when I listen to the bootleg

6 minutes ago, cremefraiche said:

I think It's So Easy is quite a good pick as a throwback to the old days, as well as being a good warm up song for Axl's voice.

But, in a perfect world I'd have to say the best song to open with is Welcome to the Jungle. I mean, come on!  Any song called 'Welcome to.." with an intro buildup that great has to be a given.

Saw them in open with it in 07, first time in my country in 14 years or something and the place went fucking nuts, still gives me goosebumps when I listen to the bootleg

yes and when he comes on stage and screams "Do you know where you are??!!" so exciting...definitely fills the space with electric energy.

8 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Mine would be..

Perfect Crime, Pretty Tied Up, Garden Of Eden or WTTJ.

Garden of Eden would make an amazing opener for sure, just tear the roof off from the first song. I wonder if Axl would consider starting a 2+ hour show with such a ferocious song though. The energy is sky high and the lyrics run like a freight train. I would personally think warming up to that level of vocal energy might be preferred. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, fallglimmer said:

WTTJ first is kind of blowing it too early, I think 4th is a good place for it. It keeps the energy going.

I'd like to see Out Ta Get Me as an opener.

•  

Jungle was the first song I ever saw them play.. It was fucking incredible... Never forget it..

Out Ta Get Me would kick ass too. First song, last song? As long as it's in there ;)

Just now, Tom-Ass said:

Jungle was the first song I ever saw them play.. It was fucking incredible... Never forget it..

Out Ta Get Me would kick ass too. First song, last song? As long as it's in there ;)

I saw Chinese Democracy and tbh I can`t remember it lol

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Tiffani said:

Garden of Eden would make an amazing opener for sure, just tear the roof off from the first song. I wonder if Axl would consider starting a 2+ hour show with such a ferocious song though. The energy is sky high and the lyrics run like a freight train. I would personally think warming up to that level of vocal energy might be preferred. 

I don't think he would, or he would just miss out a few words and hope we don't notice :lol:

Honestly, my number one preference would be Pretty Tied Up, it's got an amazing intro and the vocals are not too demanding, so win win. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I don't think he would, or he would just miss out a few words and hope we don't notice :lol:

Honestly, my number one preference would be Pretty Tied Up, it's got an amazing intro and the vocals are not too demanding, so win win. 

True and true lol

It's funny because my personal favorite would actually be Garden of Eden :lol:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fallglimmer said:

WTTJ first is kind of blowing it too early, I think 4th is a good place for it. It keeps the energy going.

I'd like to see Out Ta Get Me as an opener.

•  

I agree, WTTJ is sort of designed as the perfect show opener. But, the crowd is going to go crazy no matter what they play first, so if they can keep WTTJ in their back pocket and use it to keep the momentum going later, I think that makes more sense.

Jungle, Nightrain, Right Next Door to Hell, Perfect Crime are all alternative opening songs that could work or have been used an opener at some point in the past. 

With that being said, It's So Easy is a fantastic opener in its own right And I personally Like it to stay as an opener. That opening bassline by Duff signals you're about to have all senses assaulted by Guns N Fucking Roses!!

1 hour ago, Oldest Goat said:

One I think would work from each album:

Nightrain, Nice Boys, Perfect Crime, You Could Be Mine, Ain't It Fun or Madagascar

I'd love to live in a world where pot was universally legal, and GnR opened a show with Madagascar...

As the dude in Office Space says, "Fuckin A, Peter man...."