Appetite for Distortion Episode 4 - NJ Shows Recap with John Miller

There's too much in this episode to even cover it all, but we are joined by John Miller, a diehard Gunner working on a biopic about Axl Rose that he tells us all about. He's had the honor of meeting some very important people in the Guns universe along the way like Hollywood Rose guitarist Chris Weber, Rapidfire guitarist Kevin Lawrence, and even some brief interactions with our heroes Axl Rose and Slash.

All of us were at the first NJ show of the tour at MetLife Stadium (both NJ shows in John's case) so we give our full recap of what we thought. Be sure to leave us a review on iTunes so we can crack that Top 150 podcasts in the music category.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, CAFC Nick said:

Glad to hear you guys talking positively about Melissa, she (unnecessarily) gets such a hard time here.

yeah i do not understand that too!

whats wrong with posting 180 self-promoting tweets a day about how much she rocks, how much her backing vocals add so much to the songs ad how much GNR (sic) is really so much better with her?

really!!!

whats wrong with that? 

self promoting is the new black!

so all you people bitching about melissa, just stop!

shut up and enjoy the reunion (sic)!

lula-rindo.jpg

12 minutes ago, lemonhead said:

I love this podcast, but when the hosts have such an interesting guest, they need to do LESS talking, LESS side tangents, and let the guest talk.  Also, the hosts talk over each other a lot.

I agree. there were times where the guest would be telling a story and one of the hosts would almost interrupt with a story of their own.

35 minutes ago, lemonhead said:

I love this podcast, but when the hosts have such an interesting guest, they need to do LESS talking, LESS side tangents, and let the guest talk.  Also, the hosts talk over each other a lot.

I'm not gonna lie to you, I agree.  We got excited just sharing these stories.  We'll be more aware of it next show for sure.

On 3/8/2016 at 11:23 PM, ludurigan said:

yeah i do not understand that too!

whats wrong with posting 180 self-promoting tweets a day about how much she rocks, how much her backing vocals add so much to the songs ad how much GNR (sic) is really so much better with her?

really!!!

whats wrong with that? 

self promoting is the new black!

so all you people bitching about melissa, just stop!

shut up and enjoy the reunion (sic)!

lula-rindo.jpg

:facepalm:. Depends on the interpretation YOU DO: if it is negative will seem selfabsorbed, if it is positive you may think she is thanking the affection of the people through the RT and Favs.

People constant complaning.:shrugs:

Edited by Juliette

On 8/3/2016 at 11:57 AM, lemonhead said:

well, you could tell the guest was filled with nervous energy and it was good the hosts kept him grounded. Maybe they helped him stay focused

18 hours ago, Juliette said:

:facepalm:. Depends on the interpretation YOU DO: if it is negative will seem selfabsorbed, if it is positive you may think she is thanking the affection of the people through the RT and Favs.

People constant complaning.:shrugs:

YEAH! WE ALL MUST BE SO POSITIVE AND STOP COMPLAINING!

what is the point in complain about this hot keyboard player since she rocks and she loves herself and she loves to post tweets about herself and how great she is and how much she rocks!

see?

i really cant understand all the negativity since her voice fits so good with guns n roses (sic)

AND the reunion (sic) shows are so much better because she rocks so much!

what is the problem, seriously?

FOR axls SAKE, CANT YOU  PEOPLE SEE THE POSITIVE SIDE IN ALL OF THIS?

YOU REALLY NEED TO KEEP BITCHIN AN COMPLAINING?

just because she doesnt belong in guns n roses?

:rofl-lol:

On 8/5/2016 at 4:24 AM, ludurigan said:

YEAH! WE ALL MUST BE SO POSITIVE AND STOP COMPLAINING!

what is the point in complain about this hot keyboard player since she rocks and she loves herself and she loves to post tweets about herself and how great she is and how much she rocks!

see?

i really cant understand all the negativity since her voice fits so good with guns n roses (sic)

AND the reunion (sic) shows are so much better because she rocks so much!

what is the problem, seriously?

FOR axls SAKE, CANT YOU  PEOPLE SEE THE POSITIVE SIDE IN ALL OF THIS?

YOU REALLY NEED TO KEEP BITCHIN AN COMPLAINING?

just because she doesnt belong in guns n roses?

:rofl-lol:

Who are you to say whether or not she belongs in Guns N' Roses? She was chosen by the band is in the band, so no question exists whether or not she belongs in the band. Take your sarcasm elsewhere. 

The Appetite for Distortion guys and guest seem to like and enjoy her up there.

And I haven't heard of anyone elsewhere complaining. 

You've got a problem with her? Don't see the show(s) then. Save yourself some $$

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Son Nguyen said:

Who are you to say whether or not she belongs in Guns N' Roses? She was chosen by the band is in the band, so no question exists whether or not she belongs in the band. Take your sarcasm elsewhere. 

The Appetite for Distortion guys and guest seem to like and enjoy her up there.

And I haven't heard of anyone elsewhere complaining. 

You've got a problem with her? Don't see the show(s) then. Save yourself some $$

hey thanks for letting me know i must like everything that guns n roses (sic) chooses to do!

I was under the impression i could have my opinion on GNR -- see, I been living an illusion for so many years!

Thanks to you, I finally know that I AM NO ONE to have an opinion on GNR!

Thanks to you, I finally found that NO QUESTIONS EXIST!

THATS SO FUCKING AWESOME!

:rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol:

Hey, you know what?

Your enlightening and inspirational words ("Who are you to say" , "no question exists") reminded me of an obscure rock n roll band that I used to listen to back in the day.

I was very lucky to find this old video of this particular song on youtube

I AM REALLY THRILLED that I can show this video you!

The singer from this band is kinda talkative and he says a thing or two before introducing this particular song.

His words are the very reason i wanna show this video to you!

Because what this guy says -- and what his band stands for -- FITS SO PERFECTLY WITH EVERYTHING YOU SAID TO ME!

Its SO AWESOME!

• Like 1