So what happens to GNR when the reunion tour is over?

I don´t believe the band will break up for good after the tour. Axl seems way too motivated. GNR is his life. There's no reason why he would suddenly start a solo career. Why would he do that now, when he didn't do that before? I think the most likely scenario is that they'll eventually release more music. Probably with Slash and Duff. Happy to say that the best scenario seems like the most likely one.

Continuing GNR without Slash and Duff seems like the second most likely option. But it really depends on how motivated Slash and Duff are. I actually think they want to release more GNR music too.

• Like 2

I think axl will probably add slash and duff to his next album but it will take years. Until then slash can do stuff with the conspirators. Its like it always was for new guns on down time. More live shows and eventually an album.

the rolling stones are still soldiering on and the moderate age is something like 72 fucking years.

Axl hasn't even hit 55 yet.

fun fact: Axl idolizes mick jagger, especially how he led the group. Which also includes keeping shape, touring with a guitarist who you hated for years, and continuing to release new music.

the only thing that was a minor setback the last 20 years, was Slash's absence.

With Slash back, everything is in place for Axl to fulfill his grand vision and to become the next Mick Jagger. It's his wet dream.

there's another 15 years of GNR greatness awaiting us. you'll see. that's enough time to release at least three more albums. I know that sounds daft, but Slash is back. Remember when they released 2 albums on the same day? Everything is different now.

Edited by action

Axl still controls this version of guns. That means a new album every decade give or take. I dont believe slash's and duff's influence extends to release dates. Its not really about them but more about what axl expects a guns album to be and the right conditions to release it. It seems like thats a huge deal for him and i guess it must be good enough and a musical statement.

Edited by Rovim

17 hours ago, radioflyer said:

When this tour is over, what do you think will happen? 

2. Axl/Slash/Duff release a new GNR album and tour behind it. 

This is obviously the best result, but record companies are not going to pay millions of dollars for a new record by ANYONE in a world of streaming and disposable music. They would have to find a way to record relatively inexpensively....and they can't take 14 years to make it, either. I'm still surprised that they didn't put out just one new song as part of a summer movie soundtrack like T2. It would have been fantastic promotion for the reunion, and added legitimacy. 

Instead of an album, just release one single every two months for the next two years and compile that into a makeshift album (12 songs). Or do it for four years and release a double album (24 songs) or one album of the best 12. Or split it up into one two-year singles stretch and do it again a few years down the road. Then re-release a greatest hits double album, one not contested legally by Axl and Slash and with their input, and call it a day.

"Where do we go....where do we go now...".   By all accounts this tour will last 'well into 2017'.  Axl is 54, vocally he only has a few years left, so I say just tour like crazy (Vegas a few more times please) and they can record a new album while on the road.  Keep kicking ass. 

Hard to say what will happen after this tour finishes next summer.  As of now, it seems that we'll get the big shows in SA this fall, Australia/Asia in January - March, Europe/ UK in the Summer. 

If they come back to North America with this tour, we're probably going to get cities like this in the fall.

ARENAS:

Canada:

Montreal, Calgary, Vancouver

US:

Portland, Sacramento, Los Angeles (Staples Center this time), Salt Lake City, Denver, San Antonio or Austin, St. Louis (big media deal will be made of this), Miami, Charlotte, Birmingham, Cleveland, Indianapolis, and Louisville

• Like 1

I don't think anyody knows including themselves what's going to happen.It sounds like this tour has got another year before it concludes.The guys will most likely need a break after that .I'd be pleasantly surprised if we got new music from them but knowing Axl's track record not getting my hopes up

People that went to see this tour are going to go see it again.  Might have to lower ticket prices again.  The show was great, people going to the shows enjoyed them, those fans aren't all overly critical n know how to have a good time...so they'll want to do it again.

18 hours ago, Wagszilla said:

"I hope to keep this going for a quite a while. Right now, it’s all good. I mean, obviously that could just explode.

I do want to put out more music with Guns N’ Roses, and I don’t know if that has to do with Slash or not.

If he wants to play on something, that would be great. I’ve been working to get kind of where things are. The Guns N’ Roses reunion didn’t happen by chance or whatever. It was always looked at as a possibility, but it never seemed right or felt right."

- Axl, China Exchange, June 2016

This. Basically meaning they'll tour and play until they can't anymore for whatever reason. Also, Slash isn't guaranteed to be on the next GNR album and hopefully he wants to contribute to the next album because based on those comments from Axl, it's beyond clear that if we ever get new material again, it'll be more Chinese leftovers than anything else

16 hours ago, BadApples87 said:

Nobody pays for music anymore, so what is the point for them to do this?

Well said mr pitman! 

5 hours ago, action said:

the rolling stones are still soldiering on and the moderate age is something like 72 fucking years.

Axl hasn't even hit 55 yet.

fun fact: Axl idolizes mick jagger, especially how he led the group. Which also includes keeping shape, touring with a guitarist who you hated for years, and continuing to release new music.

the only thing that was a minor setback the last 20 years, was Slash's absence.

With Slash back, everything is in place for Axl to fulfill his grand vision and to become the next Mick Jagger. It's his wet dream.

there's another 15 years of GNR greatness awaiting us. you'll see. that's enough time to release at least three more albums. I know that sounds daft, but Slash is back. Remember when they released 2 albums on the same day? Everything is different now.

Axl's style of singing is far more demanding than Jagger's ever was, to be fair.

Edited by The Real McCoy
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, The Real McCoy said:

Axl's style of singing is far more demanding than Jagger's ever was, to be fair.

Plus, The Stones have released 29 studio albums, with a 30th coming out this fall. That means a deep well of music to change up set lists and make it more interesting for fans going to multiple concerts. True, The Stones play mostly the hits, but every night they also allow the fans to vote for one song. 

GNR has a total of 4 studio albums (AFD, UYI 1/2) as a band...and one of those is all covers (TSI). No I'm not counting CD because Axl Rose is not and never has been Guns n' Roses. I consider it a solo release. 

Bottom line: Guns n' Roses needs some more QUALITY material. Hopefully it will be done rockin' shit with loud guitars and real drums, not loops, copy/paste parts played by a dozen different people over a decade and waaaaay over the top auto-tuned vocals. 

On 8/2/2016 at 6:29 PM, BadApples87 said:

Nobody pays for music anymore, so what is the point for them to do this?

this is Bullshit, I buy every bands album that I like.  There's just not many bands out that I like right now.  Didn't Adele sell 10 million CDs in about 3 months last year into this? Just STFU w statements like this.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jmapelian said:

this is Bullshit, I buy every bands album that I like.  There's just not many bands out that I like right now.  Didn't Adele sell 10 million CDs in about 3 months last year into this? Just STFU w statements like this.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/03/25/business/media/music-sales-remain-steady-but-lucrative-cd-sales-decline.html?_r=0

....and that's just the past ten years.  Back in the 80's every band went platinum.

Take that one to heart.

I think what'll they'll do is tour until mid 2017, release a Greatest Hits/Best of/Live DVD that winter. Then in 2018-2019 release a new album or EP, or hell even just a new single, almost strictly so they have an excuse to tour and continue the money flow. Of course they have fun performing but we can agree that a chunk of the incentive was the money. After the 2018-2019 album and tour I think there will be another farewell tour in 2020-2022 and that'll be the legacy of GN'R. 

That's realistically what I see happening and what I also hope happens.

12 hours ago, trev said:

People that went to see this tour are going to go see it again.  Might have to lower ticket prices again.  The show was great, people going to the shows enjoyed them, those fans aren't all overly critical n know how to have a good time...so they'll want to do it again.

I think there is still a large group of fans that didn't get to see them this time around that still want to.  I have talked to a lot of people that were on the fence for various reasons and didn't go that would go now that they heard all the good reviews. Lower ticket prices will help too. I talked to a good amount of people here that also didn't go because our shows were on a Tuesday and Weds night or because the show was in Foxboro. That venue is dreaded by a lot of people because it is in the middle of no where and takes hours to get out of the parking lot. 

Never mind all the people that went and were blown away.

I think if they announced a show at the Garden in Boston scheduled for next month it would sell out.

• Like 1

Well the tour still needs to hit Europe where it will make a lot of money (The market for live music is better in Europe - theres no livenation monopoly so costs are less, you can still tour in a bus/van for the gear (rather than Asia) and the incomes are strong so $ value is good) and then theres also the strong possibility of shows in asia.

Either another album - more likely I think we may see some new songs on a hits collection and then a 30th AFD tour with Steven back on drums if he's fit (probably with Frank still alongside for some songs or possibly even Matt)

GNR will continue on this tour until summer 2017 once they've exhausted all possible markets and milked the cash cow completely dry. They'll then take a years break where Slash will release and tour another album with Myles. GNR will come back in mid-2018 and announce a Vegas residency. Another year off and then in the fall of 2019 they'll release another greatest hits album (with one unreleased song that turns out to be an outtake from the UYI era) and they'll tour that all the while band members keep saying in interviews about how much "great music Axl has in the can."

Edited by Towelie

16 hours ago, Radio flyer said:

Plus, The Stones have released 29 studio albums, with a 30th coming out this fall. That means a deep well of music to change up set lists and make it more interesting for fans going to multiple concerts. True, The Stones play mostly the hits, but every night they also allow the fans to vote for one song. 

GNR has a total of 4 studio albums (AFD, UYI 1/2) as a band...and one of those is all covers (TSI). No I'm not counting CD because Axl Rose is not and never has been Guns n' Roses. I consider it a solo release. 

Bottom line: Guns n' Roses needs some more QUALITY material. Hopefully it will be done rockin' shit with loud guitars and real drums, not loops, copy/paste parts played by a dozen different people over a decade and waaaaay over the top auto-tuned vocals. 

How does Chinese Democracy have autotuned vocals?