So what happens to GNR when the reunion tour is over?

23 hours ago, Eddie Money said:

Hard to say what will happen after this tour finishes next summer.  As of now, it seems that we'll get the big shows in SA this fall, Australia/Asia in January - March, Europe/ UK in the Summer. 

If they come back to North America with this tour, we're probably going to get cities like this in the fall.

ARENAS:

Canada:

Montreal, Calgary, Vancouver

US:

Portland, Sacramento, Los Angeles (Staples Center this time), Salt Lake City, Denver, San Antonio or Austin, St. Louis (big media deal will be made of this), Miami, Charlotte, Birmingham, Cleveland, Indianapolis, and Louisville

This is exactly my feeling, too. There is alot of untapped "arena level" cities left off this current leg of the tour. My own city, (Columbus, Ohio) for example. I'm pretty sure they could damn near sell out Nationwide Arena or Schottenstein Center easily. I'm guessing they will return Stateside in the future just as they did on the UYI tour. I also feel like this is when we will probably see a big shakeup in the setlist.

On ‎8‎/‎3‎/‎2016 at 9:49 AM, Eddie Money said:

Hard to say what will happen after this tour finishes next summer.  As of now, it seems that we'll get the big shows in SA this fall, Australia/Asia in January - March, Europe/ UK in the Summer. 

If they come back to North America with this tour, we're probably going to get cities like this in the fall.

ARENAS:

Canada:

US:

Portland, Sacramento, Los Angeles (Staples Center this time), Salt Lake City, Denver, San Antonio or Austin, St. Louis (big media deal will be made of this), Miami, Charlotte, Birmingham, Cleveland, Indianapolis, and Louisville

Why only an Arena if they come to Miami?  They sold out in Orlando in a stadium and Miami/Ft. Lauderdale Metro is at least as big as Orlando/Tampa.  Miami has a ton of South American immigrants so I would think that would add demand also based on the crowds they draw in South America.  Also, Joe Robbie Stadium (now renovated and yet to be renamed again) was the first stadium in North America that GNR ever headlined in (as far as I can tell).  I would imagine that had the stadium not been under construction, it would have been a date this summer.

As long as there is a European tour with UK dates I'm not too bothered what they do after!

Endless touring without a new album would become boring very quickly.  I don't want to see Axl singing Appetite songs with a Zimmer frame it would just be wrong! 

On 8/3/2016 at 6:49 AM, Eddie Money said:

ARENAS:

Canada:

US:

oh please let one be them be in Sacramento! i had sell my SF tickets because my cat is very ill. i saw them in Vegas 4-8-16 but Axl was in the chair and i was on the Fortus side. i PRAY this happens pleasepleaseplease :heart:

On August 5, 2016 at 6:40 AM, Gnrcane said:

Why only an Arena if they come to Miami?  They sold out in Orlando in a stadium and Miami/Ft. Lauderdale Metro is at least as big as Orlando/Tampa.  Miami has a ton of South American immigrants so I would think that would add demand also based on the crowds they draw in South America.  Also, Joe Robbie Stadium (now renovated and yet to be renamed again) was the first stadium in North America that GNR ever headlined in (as far as I can tell).  I would imagine that had the stadium not been under construction, it would have been a date this summer.

Because they would tour arenas with arena stages and not the one off stadium stage. They would have played Miami in the first place had the stadium not been closed for renovations. 

5 hours ago, Eddie Money said:

Because they would tour arenas with arena stages and not the one off stadium stage. They would have played Miami in the first place had the stadium not been closed for renovations. 

Makes sense.  I guess in the hope that they do this arena leg, I'd better start saving.  I'd imagine tickets will be significantly more expensive than they were for the stadium dates if the band will demand even half the per show fee.  An arena can't fit even 1/3 the crowd as a stadium unless they set up a "theater in the round" stage which I don't think would fit GNR (or any rock band).

4 hours ago, Gnrcane said:

Makes sense.  I guess in the hope that they do this arena leg, I'd better start saving.  I'd imagine tickets will be significantly more expensive than they were for the stadium dates if the band will demand even half the per show fee.  An arena can't fit even 1/3 the crowd as a stadium unless they set up a "theater in the round" stage which I don't think would fit GNR (or any rock band).

I would think they would be less. The prices this tour were way over market value and I think the promoters realized it.  They got their big payday and I don't think as many people will be willing to pay the big bucks the second time around. I am guessing they won't be cheap but I do expect to see some time of adjustment.

3 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

I would think they would be less. The prices this tour were way over market value and I think the promoters realized it.  They got their big payday and I don't think as many people will be willing to pay the big bucks the second time around. I am guessing they won't be cheap but I do expect to see some time of adjustment.

I hope you are right but the band would have to be willing to take a lot less for that to be true.  Even at the same avg price that they have gotten for this tour, the band would have to be willing to "only" take $1 million per show.  Assuming the $3 million per show rumors are true for the stadium leg, if the arenas only hold 1/3 of the people, that would be $1 million per show at these avg prices.

I think the promoters know if the tickets were 1/2 price they would have sold out every date.  But, since even the "bad attendance" shows were around half full, they would have lost revenue for the tour by doing that.

Hopefully the band is enjoying touring and will be willing to do an arena leg for significantly less per night.  Then they can sell out arenas and sell out 2 or 3 nights in the bigger markets.

Prior to TSI Guns were always the band that went one step ahead of their fans. Surely as individuals they lived for a day, but as a band they were very strategic (kind of strange).
So since the same men are running the show again (Axl, Slash and Duff) it's happening, new material, as we speak. By the time we got to hear it, they'll be into something else.

As for an album, they'll probably print something for the fans (and there is that Towerd Records nostalgia thing), but I guess they'll be releasing numbers one at the time (via iTunes or whatever).

Slash and Duff secure their kids' university funding while arranging retirement investments.

Axl goes back to nuGnR with the reunion monkey off his back and a renewed yet unsustainable fan interest in another Joe Shmoe line up thanks to nufan interest from the tour(s).

Izzy stays cool.

Cue the hologram tour.

• Like 1

Release all the remaining songs from the vault as a Box Set just in time for Christmas . All the CD session songs (General, Soulmonster, Atlas, etc), the remixes (Better, This I love, etc) and the updates (Oh My God, Silkworms, etc). Or release them on Itunes for a dollar a song. Use the profits to give the old/new guys a nice big final going away paycheck. Plus the FANS get an amazing Christmas gift. I would pay $100 for that box set or to get all those songs.

Hit the recording studio with Slash/Duff and Izzy in January and write/record a new album.

Classic line-up - Axl/Slash/Duff/Izzy/Adler (bring Sorum along for guest spots and to give Adler a break) start a world tour in the summer of 2017 to celebrate the 30th anniversary of Appetite. New album is released for the tour.

It seems so simple.

• Like 1

On 8/3/2016 at 8:19 AM, 3rd Wheel said:

Instead of an album, just release one single every two months for the next two years and compile that into a makeshift album (12 songs). Or do it for four years and release a double album (24 songs) or one album of the best 12. Or split it up into one two-year singles stretch and do it again a few years down the road. Then re-release a greatest hits double album, one not contested legally by Axl and Slash and with their input, and call it a day.

Heck, even Steven Pearcy has gone that route. I think he's released 4-5 songs that way over the last year. And the audience for his music is about 1% of what the audience for Axl Rose music would be!!!

On a side note, and not to derail the thread, but it is interesting to look at Pearcy's career compared to Axl. And yes, before Axl die-hards have a cow, Axl is 100 times the singer/artist that Pearcy is or ever was. That's not the point. Just comparing their productivity is an interesting look.

Pearcy left his band Ratt in 1992.  He quickly released an albums in 1993 and 1994 under his new band.  Between 1993 and 2008 (when Axl released CD) Pearcy released nine studio albums. Plus a 10th in 2010. Then released various singles on Itunes over the past year, and has an album scheduled for the end of 2016 or start of 2017.

Yes, to be clear so people don't miss the point, Axl is a top 5 rock singer of all time and Pearcy/Ratt were never as good or relevant as GnR.  But it is fascinating that Pearcy has released 10 studio albums in the same time frame that Axl has only been able to release one.

Can you imagine what it would be like to sit back today, turn on your Ipod, and have a choice of 16 Axl Rose albums to listen to instead of just six. To have 130 more Axl/GnR songs to listen to than what you have to enjoy now. How glorious would that be.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Apollo said:

Release all the remaining songs from the vault as a Box Set just in time for Christmas . All the CD session songs (General, Soulmonster, Atlas, etc), the remixes (Better, This I love, etc) and the updates (Oh My God, Silkworms, etc). Or release them on Itunes for a dollar a song. Use the profits to give the old/new guys a nice big final going away paycheck. Plus the FANS get an amazing Christmas gift. I would pay $100 for that box set or to get all those songs.

Hit the recording studio with Slash/Duff and Izzy in January and write/record a new album.

Classic line-up - Axl/Slash/Duff/Izzy/Adler (bring Sorum along for guest spots and to give Adler a break) start a world tour in the summer of 2017 to celebrate the 30th anniversary of Appetite. New album is released for the tour.

It seems so simple.

this is brilliant! :D

Edited by AxlsFavoriteRose