07/31/16 - New Orleans Mercedes Benz Superdome

downzy

57 minutes ago, ironmt said:

You were absolutely correct In your assessment. They have made more changes to the setlist(adding songs) so far on this tour than they did on the UYI tour with most likely more changes to be made as the tour continues.

the difference is... a whole heap of assholes who arent even at the shows knowing exactly whats going on in real time because of technology and feeling like they deserve a set list change because they have batted off to every show via periscope on this tour so far... that never happened in 91-92-93  ;)

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Tadsy said:

the difference is... a whole heap of assholes who arent even at the shows knowing exactly whats going on in real time because of technology and feeling like they deserve a set list change because they have batted off to every show via periscope on this tour so far... that never happened in 91-92-93  ;)

Couldn't have said It better. I certainly enjoy being able to catch each and every show from home thanks to technology, on the flip side I miss the good old days of being surprised after opening a new album for the first time or going to a concert and not having a clue as to what might happen or what song may be next. I think If I had a choice I would prefer 1991-1993 all over again. It would certainly help thin out the population because the younger generation would die without the current technology especially not having there cell phone.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ironmt said:

Wow really? Pretty Ignorant.

We were pretty close though. Not over stepping our boundaries, but we were pretty close. Even Kat looked like how the fuck did these people get back here :lol: im not trying to invade in their personal lives, just a wave to me is awesome. I told melissa i loved her with my girlfriend standing next to me (:lol:) and she waved and smiled! 

24 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

We were pretty close though. Not over stepping our boundaries, but we were pretty close. Even Kat looked like how the fuck did these people get back here :lol: im not trying to invade in their personal lives, just a wave to me is awesome. I told melissa i loved her with my girlfriend standing next to me (:lol:) and she waved and smiled! 

LOL, do you still have a girlfriend?

2 hours ago, ironmt said:

You were absolutely correct In your assessment. They have made more changes to the setlist(adding songs) so far on this tour than they did on the UYI tour with most likely more changes to be made as the tour continues.

No, you're both wrong. For example, the show opener changed numerous times (Pretty Tied Up, Perfect Crime, WTTJ, Nighttrain, etc) whereas it's never changed once for this current tour. Also, the order of the setlist frequently changed. I don't think they've deviated once within the first 10 songs or so for this tour. There was much more flexibility with the setlist back in the UYI days. That's why there was always so much downtime in between songs. They went with the flow and altered things based upon the feel of the crowd. You can fund numerous interviews of them saying exactly that.

• Like 2

Just now, thunderram said:

No, you're both wrong. For example, the show opener changed numerous times (Pretty Tied Up, Perfect Crime, WTTJ, Nighttrain, etc) whereas it's never changed once for this current tour. Also, the order of the setlist frequently changed. I don't think they've deviated once within the first 10 songs or so for this tour. There was much more flexibility with the setlist back in the UYI days. That's why there was always so much downtime in between songs. They went with the flow and altered things based upon the feel of the crowd. You can fund numerous interviews of them saying exactly that.

What does rotating the same songs have to do with Introducing new songs Into the setlist?

• Like 1

Just now, Kasanova King said:

Uhm...the changes you are talking about happened during different legs of the Illusion tour....and the legs were 6 months apart, sometimes more.

This is still the first leg of the NITLT.  They have made more changes to this setlist than the first leg of the Illusion tour and it's not even close.

Absolutely correct.

• Like 2