Your County

Snake-Pit

I went to 'the other end' of my county today, of Surrey, England..

To a place called Horley..

horleysurreymapwiki.png

I actually don't live in any of that white area highlighted as Surrey; my part of Surrey, is still in Surrey, according to my address; but... It's in London.

I'm used to 'the Surrey/Middlesex border at Westminister Bridge 'The River Thames acting as the border there'; but today I went to a place on the 'didn't see the/cross the border for Surrey/Sussex... But I was so close to West Sussex; I really was amazed to still be in Surrey. but that's my county, even though Thornton Heath, Surrey is shown as;

thorntonheathwikimmap.png

(Honestly, where I went today didn't look like home and I am just not used to Surrey, Surrey). Even though I've been to Banstead and Horley and places... It's just not the same as 'my part of Surrey'. :lol: It's confusing, I'm in London, but I've retained Surrey in my address, but then addresses I've had growing up with London SE or SW (I've had both in this London borough) that's also in Surrey, but not in address because instead of Croydon, Surrey CR0.. It's Upper Norwood, London, SE19 or in neighbouring Lambeth; Brixton, London, SW9... Still in Surrey.

Cricket, is a sport that has leagues (I assume) well, it has teams made up of counties in England (It's an English sport I believe adored the commonwealth over). - Surrey plays in a couple of places as it's home, 2 of which are The Oval :P and a public school (public school being British for private school) in Croydon... Both are in Greater London and Surrey.

That's my county.

Counties are found the world over.

I know a county in New Jersey and like two in Pennsylvania.

Edited by Snake-Pit

52 minutes ago, Gracii Guns said:

If you read through all of Snakepit's posts about himself, and used all the photos he's posted from his flat, then followed the aroma of cannabis, you could locate exactly where he lives. 

I think i do know where he lives roughly if its anywhere near the pics he posts, I just couldnt give a monkeys :lol:. No offence Snakes, you're lovely and all but why would i go stalking you, that would just be creepy.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Len B'stard said:

I think i do know where he lives roughly if its anywhere near the pics he posts, I just couldnt give a monkeys :lol:. No offence Snakes, you're lovely and all but why would i go stalking you, that would just be creepy.

And you have so much in common, cannabis, the penchant for appallingly greasy takeaway food!

I saw Surrey police and everything in Horley yesterday... Surrey.

:)

Home of Marshall Amps :) 

And the Magna Carta..

And; the Top Gear test track..

My home county in the Home Counties.. 

2000px-Home_Counties_(1889_county_border

Edited by Snake-Pit

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

'Honey Slides'?

Where ever we have bees, we have honey.

Where ever we have honey, we have food or money (food to sell).

Bees...

Got me talkin' about bees now for? Fool... :lol: (I jest, you're not a fool) :heart:

Bee-at-Mayfield-Lavender-Farm1-1024x682.

'Bees like lavender'.

All month now on Instagram I've noticed some very cool shots of what seems to be 1 location that I am dieing to go to now;

http://www.mayfieldlavender.com/find-us-map-contact-details/opening-times/

The other day my friend had pictures they were showing me on their phone of them in the same field!

(I hadn't heard of before but suddenly it's this place I want to visit).

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=mayfield+lavender+selfies&biw=1422&bih=661&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiKqNyvqKrOAhXkDsAKHV4gDTwQ_AUIBigB&dpr=0.9#imgdii=kdGvkQtDOigOKM%3A%3BkdGvkQtDOigOKM%3A%3B9M-BcNDXm9s_sM%3A&imgrc=kdGvkQtDOigOKM%3A

mayfield-lavender-festival.jpg

Apparently this thing I've never heard of before Instagram is a 'Surrey thing' in Banstead..

I once ran there when I was on a site out there, mapped the run on my RunKeeper app and everything, 7 miles.. - remember actually seeing 'Welcome to the London Borough of Sutton' 'Welcome to Surrey' 'Welcome to Banstead' in that order, and when I passed 'Welcome to Surrey', that sign... I remember saying

"When did I leave Surrey!?"

as that sign surprised me on my run that day.

Edited by Snake-Pit

30 minutes ago, Dazey said:

This is where I live. Well about a two minute walk at least. 

image.jpeg

Do you shit where you eat? And with that I mean, "Do you haunt an area so close to home looking for unsuspecting gays you can gleefully smother before dumping in the canal?".

• Like 2

On 8/5/2016 at 2:53 AM, PappyTron said:

400full-eddie-hitler.jpg

Counties? In fact, I don't even know what a county is. What is a county?

Who is that in the pic lol

I'm in the state of new hampshire, in the city of claremont, which resides in Sullivan County.

Edited by bran

2 minutes ago, bran said:

It's just a geographical region of a country or in the us within states. They exist basically for aminidtrative reasons IE where you go to court. I'm in the state of new hampshire, in the city of claremont, which resides in Sullivan County.

I love you Bran. I was actually making a reference to a UK show, knowing that my good chum Lenny would get the reference. Reading Snakes' threads has reduced me to making fart and bum gags!

I'm heartbroken that you think I don't know what a county is, but overjoyed that you took the time to explain it. :lol:

:heart:

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, PappyTron said:

I love you Bran. I was actually making a reference to a UK show, knowing that my good chum Lenny would get the reference. Reading Snakes' threads has reduced me to making fart and bum gags!

I'm heartbroken that you think I don't know what a county is, but overjoyed that you took the time to explain it. :lol:

Americans and irony, ehh? They take everything so literally haha.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, PappyTron said:

w8i6ho2.gif

12 minutes ago, Len B'stard said:

The bald guy is Vyvyan from The Young Ones by the way.

no shit?

edit: damn, i guess you can tell somewhat, although he does look a little different without all the shit in his face :lol:

Edited by bran