Your County

Snake-Pit

7 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

In my defense I was merely hammering on the keyboard to make a rhetorical point and not aiming for accuracy of usage of something that is infact inaccurate to begin with! The fact that I first used three before switching to four should have told you this. I could have completely went overboard in the piss-pulling stakes here (a la Lynne Truss) - ''Why.......................do...................people.............use.........ellipses'' - but I thought I would excise restraint for once.

PS

I have always used full stops for the ellipsis and find they perfectly suffice.

You're both talking foreign to me. The only time I use three dots is when they look like this therefor.jpg

Edited by Dazey

1 hour ago, spunko12345 said:

I heard that there was a possibility of him fighting Frampton in Ireland if he doesn't end up doing the Santa Cruz rematch.

Id love for him to do Frampton.  What Frampton has done has gone relatively under the radar but it really was a big achievement.  Selbz worried me against Hunter, he seemed pretty bulletproof prior to that.

3 hours ago, Len B'stard said:

Yeah?  Mine too, where abouts in Herfordshire?

That's all well and good, but I had you pegged has relocating to East Cheam which is Surrey; and thought you were now in Surrey too. :lol:

Where did East Cheam come about, is it a Tony Hancock reference/ode if not your current locale?

1 hour ago, Snake-Pit said:

That's all well and good, but I had you pegged has relocating to East Cheam which is Surrey; and thought you were now in Surrey too. :lol:

Where did East Cheam come about, is it a Tony Hancock reference/ode if not your current locale?

There is no such place as East Cheam, it was invented by Ray Galton and Alan Simpson as a place of residence for the Hancock character, 23 Railway Cuttings, East Cheam, Cheam being a well to do sort of place they invented East Cheam to denote the wrong side of the tracks in Cheam, it is entirely a Hancock reference.

Edited by Len B'stard

32 minutes ago, Len B'stard said:

There is no such place as East Cheam, it was invented by Ray Galton and Alan Simpson as a place of residence for the Hancock character, Cheam being a well to do sort of place they invented East Cheam to denote the wrong side of the tracks in Cheam, it is entirely a Hancock reference.

I've heard of Cheam and just assumed you moved :lol: .. I should have known. Again, me and Surrey are a bit funny since I'm in Greater London and know that and know more about the moon than the rest of Surrey, sometimes.

What I know about my county can be summed up in one post, I may as well do it now..

Re-cap;

Marshall Amps

Magna Carta

Has a team (cricket).

That lavender field I want to go to/Mayfield Lavender Farm, is in Banstead..

BBC Top Gear's test track

It's a home county due to it's proximity to London.

Places I've been to in Surrey outside of London so you actually see Surrey county signage and services;

Banstead

Horley

I'm 30 (this year).

I live in Thornton Heath, Surrey... In Greater London.

I get London signage and services with an +44 20 8 (020 8) area code..

Things I know but had not yet mentioned in here;

Eric Clapton comes from Surrey (If I've already mentioned this, I apologise , but whatever, re-cap it then).

And I think Ringo Starr has a castle/mansion in Surrey.

I've seen horse racing themed stuff at Belmont which is near Epsom Downs, but I don't really deal with equestrians that much; Epsom Downs is a track where they race horses.

... So when I saw you put East Cheam I thought you moved to East Cheam, because, living where I do, you hear of places like Guildford, Chessington Zoo (Surrey also has a thing called Chessington Zoo, like a theme park).. Banstead, Cheam etc.. but without going, IDK, East Cheam could just as easily be a train station/part of Cheam that I googled it to see where Cheam was; Surrey or Hertfordshire; and all I got from google is Tony Hancock!? :lol: and as I suspected, Cheam wasn't in Hertfordshire. :P -

Just chalk it up to me not knowing Surrey.

Edited by Snake-Pit

6 minutes ago, Snake-Pit said:

I've heard of Cheam and just assumed you moved :lol: .. I should have known. Again, me and Surrey are a bit funny since I'm in Greater London and know that and know more about the moon than the rest of Surrey, sometimes.

What I know about my county can be summed up in one post, I may as well do it now..

Re-cap;

Marshall Amps

Magna Carta

Has a team (cricket).

That lavender field I want to go to/Mayfield Lavender Farm, is in Banstead..

BBC Top Gear's test track

It's a home county due to it's proximity to London.

Places I've been to in Surrey outside of London so you actually see Surrey county signage and services;

Banstead

Horley

I'm 30 (this year).

I live in Thornton Heath, Surrey... In Greater London.

I get London signage and services with an +44 20 8 (020 8) area code..

Things I know but had not yet mentioned in here;

Eric Clapton comes from Surrey (If I've already mentioned this, I apologise , but whatever, re-cap it then).

And I think Ringo Starr has a castle/mansion in Surrey.

I've seen horse racing themed stuff at Belmont which is near Epsom Downs, but I don't really deal with equestrians that much; Epsom Downs is a track where they race horses.

... So when I saw you put East Cheam I thought you moved to East Cheam, because, living where I do, you hear of places like Guildford, Chessington Zoo (Surrey also has a thing called Chessington Zoo, like a theme park).. Banstead, Cheam etc.. but without going, IDK, East Cheam could just as easily be a train station/part of Cheam that I googled it to see where Cheam was; Surrey or Hertfordshire; and all I got from google is Tony Hancock!? :lol: and as I suspected it wasn't in Hertfordshire. :P -

Just chalk it up to me not knowing Surrey.

It's been East Cheam the whole time you've known me you mash up cunt :lol:

Just now, Len B'stard said:

It's been East Cheam the whole time you've known me you mash up cunt :lol:

I guess I've never looked and saw your Watford posts in Post Pics of where you come from and used that as reference, so when I did see East Cheam, it was new to me and I thought you just moved.. :lol: 

2 minutes ago, Snake-Pit said:

I guess I've never looked and saw your Watford posts in Post Pics of where you come from and used that as reference, so when I did see East Cheam, it was new to me and I thought you just moved.. :lol: 

To a fictional town?  Gotcha :lol:  And why do you keep fannying on about Surrey you mad cunt, you're in Thorton Heath, which is in South London, in Croydon, you aint got fuck all to do with Surrey :lol:

Edited by Len B'stard

To a finctional town?  Gotcha :lol:  And why do you keep fannying on about Surrey you mad cunt, you're in Thorton Heath, which is in South London, in Croydon, you aint got fuck all to do with Surrey :lol:

There be dragons there Len, IDK Cheam.. Or Hancock (much).

It was google that hinted Tony Hancock... TBH. When I googled East Cheam to see where it was.

I've been on the brandy alll night and I've smoked a zoot and i still make more fuckn' sense than you young man :lol:

I've smoked 2 and had a hangover alllll day from my Courvoisier, Beer, and Rum + Coke and 5 zoots last night.. (Yup.. I actually had a coke or pepsi/soda)..

I forget my point.. :lol: but, East Cheam doesn't sound fictional to me, sounded like you moved to East Cheam. :lol:  

Edited by Snake-Pit

6 minutes ago, Len B'stard said:

To a fictional town?  Gotcha :lol:  And why do you keep fannying on about Surrey you mad cunt, you're in Thorton Heath, which is in South London, in Croydon, you aint got fuck all to do with Surrey :lol:

'Surrey' is in my address, that's why I'm fannying on about it, well, that and I went to it and it looked alien to me the other day; I put 'Surrey' since I'm in this post code, walk around the corner to SE25 or up the street to SW16, it's still in Croydon but you don't put Surrey, you put 'London'..

3 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Any Norwegians here that I can discuss obscure Norwegian geography with?

Have you ever noticed that Norway looks like the the tip of a penis and Finland looks like a saggy testicle? :lol:

image.jpeg

Edited by Dazey
  • Like 1