Better - Fan made studio version of 2016 live arrangement...

Awesome. Good job man.

1 hour ago, weaponsnflowers said:

It's one minute of new music, what's no to like! :D Would be cool if you could have added Duff's and Melissa's backing vocals and Slash's solo, too. :P

Yea this. A version with the new intro, Slash and the new backing vocals added in would be epic :drool:

44 minutes ago, twenty-nine said:

I think I'd like the song "better" if the high falsetto Axl sings in at the beginning "No one ever told me...." was cut and the song started with "The hardest part..." right after the new intro. 

I'm with you on that too, to a degree..

IMHO, the high falsetto section should be sung by Melissa only as Axl simply can't match the studio recording of it at all anymore.

48 minutes ago, twenty-nine said:

Good job! I think I'd like the song "better" if the high falsetto Axl sings in at the beginning "No one ever told me...." was cut and the song started with "The hardest part..." right after the new intro. 

I agree. Go straight in to "the hardest part..." Then it would really rock. That intro builds it up, but then the "song" intro kills all the momentum. You can keep that part for the chorus and what not, but I agree lose it on the intro.

• Like 1

I would actually be in favor of the current band rerecording 3 Or 4 of these CD songs for a new greatest hits. I know many people love the album versions, and I do as well, but Slash and Duff could really add something to those songs that they plain just don't have as they are. My biggest gripe about CD is that it lacks a kick add YCBM type song. But this better into, with the changes we discussed, could potentially be that song. It just plain rocks harder with slash and duff.

Edited by Iron MikeyJ
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Iron MikeyJ said:

The first minute or so of this is the coolest piece of "new" music guns n roses (any line up) has played since 1994. 

Not sure about it being "new" ...it's basically a reworked version of the mid section of the song.

But I agree...I like it.

• Like 3

@cosmicblues I just love you man, thanks a lot for making this.

This is just amazing.

Is is possible if you could share a mp3 link or email the mp3 to me.

I can download it from youtube also, but the quality is not good when I download from youtube videos. 

Thanks y'all! 

As far as making it goes, I grabbed the isolated drums, guitars, bass and vocal (off of YouTube of all places!), loaded them into Pro Tools, grabbed the parts from after the 2nd chorus, pasted it at the front, then played and tried to match all the synth parts tone-wise. Then played some guitars and put some cymbal parts on it, and mixed it from there...

I'd be glad to try to get a version with Slash's solos and Duff/Melissa's background parts, and also a version that cuts out the original intro. Also, if anyone wants an MP3 of this version, PM me and I'd be glad to send it along when I get back to town Monday...

• Like 3

Just wondering if everyone knows that the new intro is just the breakdown riff before the bridge?  Sometimes I'm not sure if ppl know that or if they think slash/duff wrote that and made the new intro.

but I agree with everyone on that it kicks ass. Love the new intro.

1 hour ago, dogman said:

Just wondering if everyone knows that the new intro is just the breakdown riff before the bridge?  Sometimes I'm not sure if ppl know that or if they think slash/duff wrote that and made the new intro.

but I agree with everyone on that it kicks ass. Love the new intro.

It's pretty obvious it's that. But you're right, there are probably some people who don't realize.

16 hours ago, cosmicblues said:

Thanks y'all! 

As far as making it goes, I grabbed the isolated drums, guitars, bass and vocal (off of YouTube of all places!), loaded them into Pro Tools, grabbed the parts from after the 2nd chorus, pasted it at the front, then played and tried to match all the synth parts tone-wise. Then played some guitars and put some cymbal parts on it, and mixed it from there...

I'd be glad to try to get a version with Slash's solos and Duff/Melissa's background parts, and also a version that cuts out the original intro. Also, if anyone wants an MP3 of this version, PM me and I'd be glad to send it along when I get back to town Monday...

I can give you the flac isolated drums, guitars, bass and vocal If you wont so you can make good quality version

Edited by Gibbo