The Seeker Live

I'd never thought I'd say this but the Seeker has grown on me.  Seeing it live in Orlando, it sounded great...full of energy, the band was tight and Axl sounded great on it.  Much better than it sounded during the Vegas shows.

I actually like it now and I think it fits in well as the song before PC in the encore.

• Like 1

It is okay,but my argument is there are so many other songs that could be played. 

Really, if GNR enjoys playing it, I guess its alright. They play most every thing we want to hear, which I am sure they get tired of doing. So its an even trade.

It's a bit of a buzzkill as an encore song rather than being in the main set if they insist on playing Seeker, my biggest gripe with it

Don't Cry/Patience into Paradise City would flow better than inserting Seeker into that mix

They didn't play it at the Vegas show I was at.. I was never a Who fan and heard a lot of smack talked out the song here. There are definitely better Guns songs that could make the encore but I ended up enjoying it when I saw it in Foxboro.  I started youtubing it the next day and it is pretty cool. Axl's delivery just makes it. One of my buddy's commented on how he liked that one after the show too. If I had a choice I'd rather them drop a CD song before The Seeker.  

• Like 2

I like it a lot and I hope it's on the next album (if there ever is such a thing). I don't give a fuck if it's a cover. Axl sounds awesome on it and it's just one of those rock classics that GnR makes better. They've been covering songs since Heartbreak Hotel, so I don't know why people have to get so fuckin butt hurt about that (although that in itself is a long fuckin list)...

I actually enjoy it and it was good live (whoomp whoomp Orlando). Plus I've always been a fan of The Who and I like the way Axl sings this verse 

People tend to hate me
'Cause I never smile
As I ransack their homes
They wanna shake my hand

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I love The 'Oo's version. Stand alone single written between Tommy and Who's Next I believe. Never heard GN'R's version, neither nugnr's nor hybrid's, so cannot comment.

:lol: You're commenting in a GnR forum about a song that "you couldn't be arsed" (as I think you Brits would say) to listen to GnR's version of? Makes as much sense to me as a lot of things around here...

10 minutes ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

:lol: You're commenting in a GnR forum about a song that "you couldn't be arsed" (as I think you Brits would say) to listen to GnR's version of? Makes as much sense to me as a lot of things around here...

Correct, couldn't be arsed. Most of GN'R's covers are poor and it is not going to be better than The Who's, is it?

6 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Correct, couldn't be arsed. Most of GN'R's covers are poor and it is not going to be better than The Who's, is it?

Haha. No, I'm sure you won't like it as much as The Who's... It's ok man- try it. You might like it. All the cool kids are doing it...

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

Most of GN'R's covers are poor

What?????????

The original bands KOHD was fucking awesome. .Pre-illusions
Mama Kin was awesome
Nice Boys was awesome
Not huge on Live and Let Die but it's better than the original
The acoustic Jumpin Jack Flash..awesome
It's Alright.. awesome
The original bands Whole Lot Of Rosie... awesome
Down On The Farm.. killer
Dead Flowers
Since I Don't Have You

All good and off the top of my head. Sure I am missing a couple

What you be smokin?

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

What?????????

The original bands KOHD was fucking awesome. .Pre-illusions
Mama Kin was awesome
Nice Boys was awesome
Not huge on Live and Let Die but it's better than the original
The acoustic Jumpin Jack Flash..awesome
It's Alright.. awesome
The original bands Whole Lot Of Rosie... awesome
Down On The Farm.. killer
Dead Flowers
Since I Don't Have You

All good and off the top of my head. Sure I am missing a couple

What you be smokin?

Fair enough on the 1980s covers - Rosie from the Marquee is my own favourite. I suppose what I meant was I don't like the Illusion KOHD, The Spaghetti Incident and find Sympathy much poorer than the Stones' original.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Fair enough on the 1980s covers - Rosie from the Marquee is my own favourite. I suppose what I meant was I don't like the Illusion KOHD, The Spaghetti Incident and find Sympathy much poorer than the Stones' original.

Symphony was the first song song the recorded that I didn't like. Yes I don't mind My World and liked it a lot more for what it was back in the day. Don't like the Illusions KOHD either. I can't change it fast enough when it comes on the radio. It was good enough at the time though. I like me some Spaghetti though. Can't say I love every song but it has some really great moments and I enjoy it for what it is.

I like The Seeker, I am a huge The Who fan and GNR plays it well (Axl rocks it on vocals too).  I think it just automatically seems boring because it is in the encore section right after GNR kicks the audience's asses with much better material that they themselves wrote (or at least songs they are famously known for covering like KOHD and LALD).

Audiences always like originals from original bands really with one or two exceptions (e.g. Hendrix's 'Watchtower') as that is what they are there for, to hear band x's songs, not band x play band y's songs. Covers are usually an indulgence of the actual artist(s) themselves. In other words, Axl - I say 'Axl' as he began playing it during the Nugnr era - is playing 'The Seeker' for himself. I can imagine Slash enjoying it also since it is atypically classic rock.