Who is this KeifferGNR guy & where's he getting all the pro-shot shows?

7 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

Omg I remember the name!!! He used to post here. He was a really annoying, moody teenager. Tsunta or something, it was like circa 2011. Fuck that dude if he's bitching about videos

he's still here under a different name

Keiffer you do an excellent job man, fuck the haters, If I ever record a good quality video, I would be happy if you take it and share it.

These GNR videos should be shared for free with other fans who were not able to go, they belong to all the GNR fans out there to see. 

• Like 4

Why would someone get arsey about someone else using their videos? I don't get it:wacko:Why post something if you don't want to share it...

Is it an ego thing ?

Does it make them lose money?

Are they just arsey ?

Edited by janrichmond
arsey

3 minutes ago, djtripp20 said:

I know it's not the popular opinion, but I'm in the camp that thinks you should ask for permission first. Yeah it's great for the fans and stuff, but it's still someone else's video on your channel without their permission.

I also kinda agree with you, that its better to ask but the other person should not deny it in this case cause its just sharing a GNR video by the fans.

If some one has some personal backstage stuff or an interview with the band, then yeah it should belong to that channel.

In this case Kieffer is just taking videos and making it just one big video out of different videos, its good for some people like me who don't have to search for different videos, everything is in one place.

KeifferGNR used one of my clips for the Foxboro show and I was thrilled to see it in his compilation! I wish more people were happy to see it. There's full credit in the description, and nothing wrong with it. Fact is if people want to really be dickheads, you're not supposed to upload the footage at all. So anyone whining about, "Waaah thats my footage you used!" should know their role and appreciate the fact that somebody liked it enough to put it with the entire concert compilation! 

• Like 4

On 11/08/2016 at 3:32 AM, KeifferGNR said:

I put credits at the end of the video, in the video description, in the video title. Was I trying to steal someone?

Yeah I've also noticed that some of your shows (the Chicago ones, for example) aren't available anymore. Same reason?

Seriously? Somebody records a song - with their phone - posts it on Youtube....and then files copyright claims on it. That is a complete prick move.  If they don't want to share it with other fans, then why are you putting it on Youtube?  And they aren't licensed by GnR to sell or make money off of the videos, so wtf is their problem?  Sometimes I can't stand people.

Kieffer - thanks for sharing. Fans appreciate it.

• Like 3

Here is what that Space City guy says in his "about me" section on Youtube. Sorry it posted so weird. The funny part is "Please don't be an A-Hole and report copyright violations." 

Covering Concerts in Space City, Houston, Texas, USA

If you would like for me to remove the video(s) of your band or a band you represent, please send a request and it will be handled immediately.  Please don't be an A-Hole and report "Copyright Violations."  It only hurts your fans and those of us who have spent thousands of hours chronicling their hobby.  Thanks.
  • Like 1

I asked permission to another person who recorded the show in Houston and unfortunately until now he did not answer me. Now you imagine if I ask permission for each video I get on the internet. I'll take two millennia to get launch any video. I'm very discouraged. If by chance my channel fall I'll stop posting videos.

I think what Kieffer does is good, especially for all of us who can´t attend any show. But on the other hand I think he should ask for permission before using other people´s recordings. Some people will agree and some others won´t but imo that´s the fair thing to do.

On 7/8/2016 at 9:13 PM, KeifferGNR said:

I just picked up material recorded by people who go to shows and join the videos into a single file.

I was actually quite disappointed, that you didn't use my video of PC from NJ night 2 :P I really appreciate your work, I have seen a couple of them :wub:

2 hours ago, November_rain said:

I think what Kieffer does is good, especially for all of us who can´t attend any show. But on the other hand I think he should ask for permission before using other people´s recordings. Some people will agree and some others won´t but imo that´s the fair thing to do.

Should peoole get GnR's permission before posting concert videos?

• 5 weeks later...
37 minutes ago, KeifferGNR said:

Unfortunately Youtube with its copyright policy fails, fucked my channel. I lost motivation to continue doing these videos. I'm still considering whether I stop this work.

I'm sorry to hear that. :( Damn that YT! Thanks for all your hard work though.

• Like 1

@KeifferGNR    I am sorry to hear that.  I had another channel a few years back the same thing happened to and the videos I posted were innocent and not in any way intending to infringe on copyright, I do hope you do decide to come back in some capacity.  I did and so far fingers crossed it had been better this time around...;)

BUT I see both sides of the coin here...

As a fan, I love the compiled videos.  It gives you a more fluid experience watching the concerts, and it is so much easier than searching all the videos from each show.  I have saved and shared many on my own You Tube channel.  Also to me it is more a beef GNR should have as far as claiming copyright when they are not authorized to do so by the band technically in the first place.  Many times the band does claim copyright, but many will allow videos to stay up so they can run there own ads and make add money through advertising/views.   In my opinion any video "bootlegger" claiming copyright..( In the spirit of Axl/DC) that takes some "Big Balls" to claim copyright and lodge a formal complaint.

That said flip the coin.. if a person who shot the video and they WERE in fact  trying to make money off of it through advertising, or simply felt why should I have to watch a whole show through a camera lens and this guy uses it "without permission" ?  You are now effectivly taking  views away from that guy's videos/ channel. If they monetize, simply feel it is unfair or are obsessed with views for whatever reason you get this.  multiple copyright claims.

If it were one of my videos I would think, would you look at that?  Someone thought the video I did was good enough to be in one of your well "produced" compilations :heart:, and I would certaintly not file a copyrite claim when I am a fan just like you who simply wanted to share something with other fans not try to make a living on it or hold a grudge, or for whatever reason but I can only speak for myself here...

Best of luck to you with whatever you decide.

Edited by metalms