Unofficial GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 hours ago, LoadedNightraiN said:

I like Ron, but he always makes GN'R talk so awkward. Think he'd request it not be talked about.

And of course he has an Axl/Jesus candle behind him

I commented the same thing on the 1st video that was asking him GNR related questions. To my surprise Bumblefoot actually replied back to me. He didnt address my observation though, he just said that they did more than just talk about Guns and that hopefully those videos would be up soon. 

He was right i guess, they did release 2 more videos after that GNR related video

Edited by NicDwolfwood

$ 6.000.000 gross for each show.

So it can't be true that any of the 'big three' earns $ 3.000.000 for each show.

It would be anti economic For Live Nation to spend at least $ 9.000.000 every night only for the big three (without considering all the other expenses!!!) and gross $ 6 mln....

Edited by Italian girl

1 hour ago, Italian girl said:

$ 6.000.000 gross for each show.

So it can't be true that any of the 'big three' earns $ 3.000.000 for each show.

It would be anti economic For Live Nation to spend at least $ 9.000.000 every night (without considering all the other expenses!!!) and gross $ 6 mln....

Sounds like $6,000,000 per show would be considered a good deal... unless they went ultra crazy with expenses. Per Billboard:

The financial risks for stadium shows are huge, even with proven draws. Production costs run roughly $1.6 million -- plus talent costs and an average tax of five to seven percent. With those expenses, it could take a box-office gross of about $4.8 million just to break even, and with an acceptable promoter profit of $300,000-400,000, the gross would have to hit $5.1-5.2 million before the band would get into overage (meaning enough tickets have been sold for the band to receive a percentage of the gross).  http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/6843087/guns-n-roses-reunion-stadium-tour-per-show-payday

Now the question would be if they really did averaged $150 per ticket. The way they were handing out tickets like candy for some of the shows gives me doubts. But, then again, those were usually tickets for the second show in the same location. So the second show costing a little less to put on might balance that out. But... :shrugs:

Really though, until we get official numbers in it is all pure guesswork and speculation with no weight. And even then it would be mostly speculation with a little bit of fact for us to throw around to make it sound like we know what we are talking about  (for an example see: me!).