Unofficial GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

38 minutes ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

If Angus releases another album under the name AC/DC, it should be called Chinese Democracy.

I'd love to hear an album of Angus and Axl together but AC/DC? Without Malcolm, Cliff, Phil Rudd and Bon/Brian there ain't no AC/DC to me. Be cool, release it as Young Rose and everybody will be happy. ;)

Dont think an other name than ACDC is going to happen, its his entire legacy and he probably sees it as just another evolution of the band just like with Back In Black. Maybe the new album should be called Back In Red? Yeah ill show myself the door

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

If Angus releases another album under the name AC/DC, it should be called Chinese Democracy.

I'd love to hear an album of Angus and Axl together but AC/DC? Without Malcolm, Cliff, Phil Rudd and Bon/Brian there ain't no AC/DC to me. Be cool, release it as Young Rose and everybody will be happy. ;)

Or you know, make grandpa Angus retire already and let Axl focus solely on Gn'R.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mooch14 said:

Have you even seen Angus performing recently?  He is playing awesome and has more energy on stage than men half his age. No reason to retire. 

Other than the fact that his entire band is gone, not just his singer, and he's basically in a NuAC/DC situation. If he wants to continue he should just go solo and maybe play the biggest AC/DC hits with his new band, sort of like Slash. And even if he doesn't let the band go, don't record damnit! We want Axl with Guns!

• Like 2

In China Exchange Axl said:

1. that he would like to release a new GnR album and that it would be great if Slash wanted to write something with him or play on something.

2. that he and Angus were talking of working together.

I don't think that anything has changed since then regarding his intentions.

Edited by Blackstar

2 hours ago, Blackstar said:

In China Exchange Axl said:

1. that he would like to release a new GnR album and that it would be great if Slash wanted to write something with him or play on something.

2. that he and Angus were talking of working together.

I don't think that anything has changed since then regarding his intentions.

Agreed! I don't see ANY reason to believe Axl feels any differently than he did at China Exchange. As of right now, we really don't know what's going to happen.

As far as AC/DC goes, I don't foresee Angus putting that to rest yet. He still got a lot to give. If Axl does in fact proceed with the band (if that's what Angus wants), I'll love ve and support it for sure! But like I said before, I want him to be able to put Guns first and not forget what his main priority should be.

• Like 2

Angus isnt going to retire like the others. He still loves getting out there and performing  and ever since axl joined seems even more rejuvenated.

This what i see happening.

1. Band continues on with acdc with a new lineup replacing people that leave or retire.

2. Angus axl and dave grohl (who are hanging out alot these days) get together and form a new band. 

Not sure who would be bassist maybe Jason Newstead or John Paul Jones lol heres hoping. Rhythm no idea.

3. Angus joins Guns N Roses as 3rd guitarist or a rhythm replacing richard 

Edited by vloors

3 hours ago, vloors said:

Angus isnt going to retire like the others. He still loves getting out there and performing  and ever since axl joined seems even more rejuvenated.

1. Band continues on with acdc with a new lineup replacing people that leave or retire.

2. Angus axl and dave grohl (who are hanging out alot these days) get together and form a new band. 

Not sure who would be bassist maybe Jason Newstead or John Paul Jones lol heres hoping. Rhythm no idea.

Dave Grohl on drums would be fucking awesome. Just the thought of him and Axl in the same band is awesome to me, not even taking into consideration angus young on guitar. That's the route I'd love to see, turning ACDC into a sort of supergroup. Lynyrd Skynyrd did that in the late 90s and cranked out their best albums since the 70s.

• Like 2

If there's some sort of supergroup, I hope they have the common sense to give it a new name. The group names carry too much history and mean a certain thing to the fans. I enter into evidence the 20 years of NuGnR.

My top wish is a GnR album with this lineup (BY FAR), but a supergroup with Axl, Angus & Dave Grohl would certainly get my attention!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, vloors said:

Then you are seeing things through beer goggles or you're stoned or something :rofl-lol:

1- Just cliff Williams is retiring. Acdc will hire a new bass player and be a bigger joke than nuGNR ever were

2- NO. Just no. That supergroup isn't happening

3- Not a Chance in hell angus young joins GNR. Now I know you're trolling. If anybody replaces fortus it'll be izzy

5 hours ago, Italian girl said:

Pure fantasy

This. It's one of he crazier posts I've read. There is absolutely no evidence of Axl Dave grohls and angus young forming a freaking super group. None. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Slash787 said:

My fantasy will always be Axl, Slash, Duff, Izzy and Steven.......hope it becomes true one day........

Seems possible. As Steven gets healthier it would appear based off of what the band has recently said that we'll see more Adler so his role will increase over time. The izzy situation.. It's like a lockout in sports. Someone has to budge. Hopefully they both compromise because from izzys point of view, he's missing out on history. From the bands point of view, they must have made enough money by now so one would think they would be more willing to compromise. It's possible but the toughest barrier is clearly izzy vs the band since adlers involved. 

I love the idea of Axl and Angus working together, simply to force Axl to be more basic with his music expression. ACDC is fun, they are simple and for Axl that might be something he needs to avoid overthinking his next record. 

I expect a gnr album to carry a lot of emotion, expression and all around be more musically impressive. 

I expect Axl and Angus to share just enough of each others music making qualities to turn out something truly special. 

Really im just excited that there is so much potential for new material with Axl on it 

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

I love the idea of Axl and Angus working together, simply to force Axl to be more basic with his music expression. ACDC is fun, they are simple and for Axl that might be something he needs to avoid overthinking his next record. 

I expect a gnr album to carry a lot of emotion, expression and all around be more musically impressive. 

I expect Axl and Angus to share just enough of each others music making qualities to turn out something truly special. 

Really im just excited that there is so much potential for new material with Axl on it 

I hope putting out an album with ACDC will make Axl a bit less anxious about putting out new music, just like slash being back in the band hopefully did. He's got like 3 albums worth of material sitting in the vault