Unofficial GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 hours ago, scooby845 said:

nope..those cranes are for the screen footage... 

the only way you know its official dvd is spider cams and announcement like before the dodger show where it was pointed out on an entrance to stadium..

Yeah i know they use the cranes for the screen footage, I meant for a show that wasn't being filmed for release, just using all the other cameras would suffice. I was talking about the 4 or 5 guys on the floor taking video of the band at an angle that didn't seemed to be used on the big screens, and a couple of guys recording an occassional shot of some of the audience about 2 sections back. This was on the 2nd night.

Edited by Mendez

7 hours ago, Mendez said:

Yeah i know they use the cranes for the screen footage, I meant for a show that wasn't being filmed for release, just using all the other cameras would suffice. I was talking about the 4 or 5 guys on the floor taking video of the band at an angle that didn't seemed to be used on the big screens, and a couple of guys recording an occassional shot of some of the audience about 2 sections back. This was on the 2nd night.

yeah I would love to see any type of footage at all...

1 minute ago, KeyserSoze said:

shiiit you may be right. One of the twitter accounts made it seem like they were rehearsing today for the upcoming dates

They might be rehearsing, the next tour leg is approaching fast but the picture is an old one. Rehearsal pics usually end up coming from the wives/girlfriends of the band first. There probably will be some fairly soon - unless of course they are just going to wing it this time around. :lol:

• Like 2

7 hours ago, James Bond said:

If Slash kept the top hat on for rehearsal and not his usual ballcap I would admire his undying commitment and loyalty to the damn thing.

I'm not sure how I feel about the top hat. I used to draw some graffiti back in the day of it. It's his trademark. Jungle video it was cool as fuck. But these days it's kind of like... fine line between nostalgia and let it go...

• Like 1

That's cool, we need more people pulling for Steven and Izzy :heart:

20 minutes ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

I'm not sure how I feel about the top hat. I used to draw some graffiti back in the day of it. It's his trademark. Jungle video it was cool as fuck. But these days it's kind of like... fine line between nostalgia and let it go...

I used to love the top hat but I got kinda tired of it. I miss the early VR years where Slash would only wear it for the encore.

33 minutes ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

That's cool, we need more people pulling for Steven and Izzy :heart:

I used to love the top hat but I got kinda tired of it. I miss the early VR years where Slash would only wear it for the encore.

Yeah that's kinda where it should be I think. But it's the nostalgia tour and a lotta people wanna see the top hat I guess. He never wore it for the whole show back in the day so I wish he wouldn't now. Whatever- it's Slash and a GnR iconic symbol. 

1 hour ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

Yeah it seems in recent years he keeps it on for entire shows. A few songs or whatever would be fine but I think the look has become stale. Even though it's kind of his signature I always enjoyed seeing all his crazy hair bouncing around too.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, James Bond said:

Yeah it seems in recent years he keeps it on for entire shows. A few songs or whatever would be fine but I think the look has become stale. Even though it's kind of his signature I always enjoyed seeing all his crazy hair bouncing around too.

He lost quite a bit of hair sometime around the Libertad era, that's probably the main reason you only ever see him with the hat or a cap even in interviews, he probably just uses it to cover it up these days. and it's his trademark anyway so what the hell. This is one of the rare interviews he did without any form of hat since then:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

He lost quite a bit of hair sometime around the Libertad era, that's probably the main reason you only ever see him with the hat or a cap even in interviews, he probably just uses it to cover it up these days. and it's his trademark anyway so what the hell. This is one of the rare interviews he did without any form of hat since then:

Definitely

• Like 1