Unofficial GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Former GUNS N' ROSES bassist Tommy Stinson says that he has "nothing bad to say" about his time with the band.

Stinson, who was in GN'R from 1998 until 2014, told Fox News (see video below): "When they asked me to play in the band, I thought the idea of… Axl [Rose, GUNS N' ROSES lead singer] had the name, he owned it; it was his band. I thought what he was aiming to do to preserve himself and preserve his career and to keep going forward, I thought, was pretty punk rock. And I thought, you know, as ideas go, this is one of 'em, and it's a pretty good one. I thought it was pretty huge. And cut to eighteen years later, I really… I have nothing bad to say. I went and saw two of the reunion shows, and they're doing great. They're all my friends. They're having a ball. I keep in touch with them. You know… Good for them."

Stinson previously told Rolling Stone magazine that his split with GUNS N' ROSES happened after his marriage "went fuckin' south in a bad, bad way" forcing him to become a "fuckin' full-time dad — and happily a full-time dad."

A founding member of the seminal Minneapolis-based rock band THE REPLACEMENTS, Stinson last played with GUNS N' ROSES at a 2014 show in Las Vegas.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Gackt said:

He talks every 1.5 day about his time in "GNR" and that he quit after family issues and that he saw 2 shows of NITL tour, nothing abd to say...

obviously, he wants back in, and he doesn't like his "full-time dad role"...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, -Jaro- said:

He talks every 1.5 day about his time in "GNR" and that he quit after family issues and that he saw 2 shows of NITL tour, nothing abd to say...

obviously, he wants back in, and he doesn't like his "full-time dad role"...

He just got a brand new album out in January, so I really doubt he wants to go back to the GN'R loop of  constantly touring the same places and never releasing anything

• 2 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, Derick said:

Duff training with GNR personal trainer

Great. Duff is really fit nowadays.

imagine Slash and Duff doing this it'd be hilarious. Joking aside it's sad they don't take care of themselves as Duff does, they would look x100 times better

• Like 1

Just now, starlight said:

Great. Duff is really fit nowadays.

imagine Slash and Duff doing this it'd be hilarious. Joking aside it's sad they don't take care of themselves as Duff does, they would look x100 times better

slash works out yo lol i think duff just eats better and has a faster metabolism 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Agreed Axl and Slash should get in on the working out action... 

I think they do but they have a different metabolism. Actually, for doing what they do on stage in 2,5 hours, running, jumping, singing...I`m  sure that they have been working out cardio pretty well. The big belly thing maybe is a genetic predisposition and don`t go away that easy, even with a good trainament. Besides that, Axl must constantly drink water (or other liquids) to keep the vocal fold always moist, avoiding to dry the mucosa that is present in it. Then he gets that puffy look.