Unofficial GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

Doesn't Duff live in Seattle? I had the same question when I saw that photo of Slash in his back yard. My point is- if they are all hanging in the same area on the break, can that mean they're working on something? Maybe? 

I know, I know... fuck no...

*grasps large handful of straws*

• Like 1

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

37 minutes ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

Doesn't Duff live in Seattle? I had the same question when I saw that photo of Slash in his back yard. My point is- if they are all hanging in the same area on the break, can that mean they're working on something? Maybe? 

I know, I know... fuck no...

*grasps large handful of straws*

I've wondered that too but it's entirely likely he has a place in LA too. I remember in his book they moved back to Seattle when the kids were small but now they are both late teens and the eldest has a music career also having an LA pad makes sense.

Alternatively the others may just fly back and forth to Seattle, it's not like they can't afford it. :lol:

1 minute ago, alfierose said:

I've wondered that too but it's entirely likely he has a place in LA too. I remember in his book they moved back to Seattle when the kids were small but now they are both late teens and the eldest has a music career also having an LA pad makes sense.

Alternatively the others may just fly back and forth to Seattle, it's not like they can't afford it. :lol:

Yeah, what I was thinking is Duff would want to be home in Seattle on the break, but maybe he's at a place in LA for GnR reasons... I forgot about his daughter's band, so yeah, that's a reason for him to be in LA too I guess... I see he posted about a Pink Slips show in Hollywood last night, so.... never mind! :shrugs:

1 hour ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

Yeah, what I was thinking is Duff would want to be home in Seattle on the break, but maybe he's at a place in LA for GnR reasons... I forgot about his daughter's band, so yeah, that's a reason for him to be in LA too I guess... I see he posted about a Pink Slips show in Hollywood last night, so.... never mind! :shrugs:

Just to give you some hope - his daughter is adult so he does not need to stay with her while she's in LA. Yeah, I know, hardly convicing, but still...

3 hours ago, estranged_85 said:

lol 

I would rather see Axl/slash be interviewed by Jimmy Fallon! love hies show and i know he´s a big GN'R fan as well. would be hilarious watch Axl and Jimmy do some word games etc.

At this point it won't happen.

Unless promotion for an album.

• Like 1

On 4/9/2017 at 2:05 PM, Kris_1989 said:

Looks like last week? Palm springs, maybe? Not 100% sure sorry.

My guess is that this is a few years old. It was like 2014 or so I want to say, cheap trick opened for Aerosmith out here in LA and Izzy joined Aerosmith on stage that night. It was a great show!

Another Bumblefoot interview-

Former GUNS N' ROSES guitarist Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal says that he left the Axl Rose-fronted outfit three years ago because he felt like he had contributed everything that he possibly could as a performer.

Thal never officially announced his departure from the GN'R, but a source confirmed to Detroit music writer Gary Graff back in 2015 that the guitarist had been out since the end of the band's second Las Vegas residency in 2014.

Thal later revealed that he was focusing on his solo career after spending eight years playing in GUNS.

Asked in a new interview with XS Rock if he was "let go" from GUNS N' ROSES, Bumblefoot said: "No. It was me. I was really burned out. I felt like I had contributed everything that I possibly could as a performer, but my heart was in more things where I was creating, writing, producing and teaching. All of things that I was doing before the heavy touring of GN'R. I really felt that it was definitely time for me to go. I felt like I had taken it as far as I could and I was reaching a point where I was stressed and unhappy. And that's not good for me and it's not good for them. So in early March of 2014, we were rehearsing for the next three months of touring. The first thing that I told the band when I walked in was that this is going to be my last run. I finished out the shows and I did try to recommend people to take my place. I didn't want to stop them from moving forward or anything like that."

When pressed about whether Axl Rose is as difficult of a guy to work with as people make it sound in the press, Thal said: "He's a human being and he has a big heart. The press doesn't give him the same consideration that they would some other people. You know, they try to hold him to a different standard, where he's always supposed to be happy and smiling, nothing should ever be wrong and he's always supposed to be in a good mood and do the right thing and that's stupid. It's bullshit. It perpetuates a lot of negativity and incites a lot of negativity that isn't deserved. He's dealt with a lot of that. I had a great, great time working with him. Is everything perfect? No. I've probably pissed him off more than the other way around, but he's just a human being."

Asked if he has spoken with Axl since he left GUNS N' ROSES, Thal said: "No. The relationship is over between me and them. They're doing fine and I'm doing fine and that’s the way it's supposed to be. I don't regret leaving. I wish it could have smoother on a personal level. I'm happy to see what they're doing now and I'm glad I was able to be part of their world that makes people so happy at the shows. It was a gift. I'm grateful and I thank them for it."

Thal joined GUNS N' ROSES in 2006 and played on 2008's "Chinese Democracy", an album which contained music that had been written before he came into the group. He has also released a number of solo CDs.

Thal is currently involved with ART OF ANARCHY alongside CREED singer Scott Stapp and DISTURBED bassist John Moyer.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/ron-bumblefoot-thal-the-relationship-is-over-between-me-and-guns-n-roses/

• Like 1