Unofficial GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Awful.

All Chuck Berry needs is his guitar case and a change of clothes.

good thing he's not doing a South American tour cause it would take the poor guy about a year to get to one place to another on foot

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, emybdc said:

good thing he's not doing a South American tour cause it would take the poor guy about a year to get to one place to another on foot

He uses domestic flights like everybody else.

(Although these days he is not doing much touring because of age.)

Planes for bands are absolutely absurd. They represent the height of pomposity in this defunct genre.

11 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

He uses domestic flights like everybody else.

(Although these days he is not doing much touring because of age.)

Planes for bands are absolutely absurd. They represent the height of pomposity in this defunct genre.

You didn't have to explain, I was joking ;) the thing is, if they can afford to travel more confortably why wouldn't they?

it's amazing how people see things in different ways. The way I see it my favorite band is doing so well after so many shitty years they can afford a private plane for the band. I'm happy for them.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, emybdc said:

You didn't have to explain, I was joking ;) the thing is, if they can afford to travel more confortably why wouldn't they?

it's amazing how people see things in different ways. The way I see it my favorite band is doing so well after so many shitty years they can afford a private plane for the band. I'm happy for them.

I simply associate them, private planes that is, with the worst excesses of Led Zeppelin - a band I truly despise on just about every level - and other bloated acts of the 1970s who think they are superior from everybody else, and cannot bring themselves to travel with normal people. Pomposity? Egotism? Fitting for the band who have nothing left to say in 2016 and basically resigned from creativity years ago. Hope they have a electrical malfunction. 

Edited by DieselDaisy

Just now, DieselDaisy said:

I simply associate them, private planes that is, with the worst excesses of Led Zeppelin - a band I truly despise on just about every level - and other bloated acts of the 1970s who think they are superior from everybody else, and do cannot bring themselves to travel with normal people. Pomposity. Egotism. Fits the band who have nothing left to say in 2016 and basically resigned from creativity years ago. Hope they have a electrical malfunction. 

Well who knew we had something in common? I hate Led Zeppelin too. I'll leave it to that.

Which band resigned from creativity years ago? You can say that about Axl until he proves otherwise (may never happen) but about Duff (Neurotic Outsiders, Loaded, VR, Walking Papers) and Slash? You may dislike every single song they've released post GNR but you can't argue they've been pretty prolific in the last 20 years.

You could say Guns N' Roses have been active in the last 15 years releasing only one album but, legal bullshit aside, we all know they just got together a few months ago. We can assume or imagine any scenarios but we gotta wait and see before we can actually judge whether it's Axl dragging Slash and Duff down into the no new music world or if it's the two of them getting Axl to finally release something.

More importantly, hating Led Zeppelin should be illegal! 

20 minutes ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

Which band resigned from creativity years ago? You can say that about Axl until he proves otherwise (may never happen) but about Duff (Neurotic Outsiders, Loaded, VR, Walking Papers) and Slash? You may dislike every single song they've released post GNR but you can't argue they've been pretty prolific in the last 20 years.

You could say Guns N' Roses have been active in the last 15 years releasing only one album but, legal bullshit aside, we all know they just got together a few months ago. We can assume or imagine any scenarios but we gotta wait and see before we can actually judge whether it's Axl dragging Slash and Duff down into the no new music world or if it's the two of them getting Axl to finally release something.

More importantly, hating Led Zeppelin should be illegal! 

Clearly I was referring to Guns N' Roses and not The Conspirators or Loaded. 

Typical 'Zep fan' smugness.

10 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Clearly I was referring to Guns N' Roses and not The Conspirators or Loaded. 

Typical 'Zep fan' smugness.

That's what I'm saying, you were refering to a band that disbanded two fn' decades ago. GNR got back together in april, if we get to 2018 and there's no new music, then you can say there's no creativity, they're doing a nostalgia tour or whatever you want, but you can't make such claims when they've been together just for six months after 20 years (and with Axl touring with AC/DC in-between).

Actually, it was just a joke, I'm not that big of a Zep fan myself. Honestly, though, it's pretty hard to not be hated by you, isn't it? :P

18 minutes ago, axlsend said:

I quite like the fact they are travelling together. It might possibly be cheaper and perhaps on the long flights they can work on new songs! ☺

I agree. And it's great they are *willing* to travel together again. So happy to have them back on some kind of functional territory.