Unofficial GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, sanity_lost said:

Couldn't find anything with a Fairfax and Guns search. However link that came up with a Guns and Zuel search was this handy gem:

It was from April when AC/DC announced Axl and ended with this:

I guess he writes for the Sydney Herald? I suppose Guns were simply doing him a favor. No need to make him torture himself watching a band he doesn't like much. And really, if he did go and not only had to watch a band he doesn't like much, but also had to watch Angus lower himself to guest on a couple songs for this band it would likely be salt in his poor wound making the torture just that much worse.

Obviously they were only thinking of him and his well being.

So, another "I want to shit on you, and on your cost." reporter?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, sanity_lost said:

Couldn't find anything with a Fairfax and Guns search. However link that came up with a Guns and Zuel search was this handy gem:

I guess he writes for the Sydney Herald? I suppose Guns were simply doing him a favor. No need to make him torture himself watching a band he doesn't like much. And really, if he did go and not only had to watch a band he doesn't like much, but also had to watch Angus lower himself to guest on a couple songs for this band it would likely be salt in his poor wound making the torture just that much worse.

Nice research! Those guys at Fairfax can go to hell

9 minutes ago, -Jaro- said:

So, another "I want to shit on you, and on your cost." reporter?

I've read only one other of his articles (it was a review of another concert) and from that limited pool I get the impression doing the I am too good for this/insult thing is his shtick. Not really my cup of tea, but I am sure some people might appreciate it.

I could be wrong- I did only read two of his articles and it might be I am getting a wrong impression.

On ‎2‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 0:41 AM, sanity_lost said:

Aka someone gave Axl an honest review and he didn't like it... Kind of like fighting to take fat memes from 5 years ago down. Gee, wonder who he's acting like :lol:

1 hour ago, Billsfan said:

Aka someone gave Axl an honest review and he didn't like it... Kind of like fighting to take fat memes from 5 years ago down. Gee, wonder who he's acting like :lol:

AKA a dude doesn't like your music why would you give him a free ticket to your show so he can write a review stating how much he doesn't like your music? I suppose you could hope and be incredibly naive that he would magically suddenly start enjoying your music, but why bother? His views wouldn't reflect the views of the vast majority of people who went to the show. People don't have to like what you like or do, but you don't have to enable them either.

Plus... when did GNR start giving tickets to newspapers so they could review shows? Wasn't there some reviewer saying that Guns were forcing the papers to buy their own tickets for the shows in the States? Were Guns offering tickets to media and they black listed the paper or did the paper ask to have one and Guns shut them down because that is just something they are not doing?

Or you can just blame Axl. Life is a lot easier that way.

Edited by sanity_lost