Tragically hip finale

krazejeff

While I found myself seeing guns n roses in Toronto in July and partying like a mad man, this weekend managed to score 2 tickets for air Canada centre row 23 rear view, so will be close to seeing gord downie walk off stage for final time in Toronto, then a couple to finish on the 20th in Kingston. 

Gnr was always my favourite group, but the hip was something truly that could be identified as Canadian, camping and the hip just seem to be such a part of my life. 

http://www.tsn.ca/penning-a-love-letter-to-gord-and-the-hip-1.536572#left-menu

I believe this article sums it up for many of us here, we are losing a legend to both our culture. 

This make me realize how grateful we as fans of Gnr got to see guns n roses over the past months and going in to the future, thank God common sense prevailed, perhaps cash helped but who gives a shit, it's great. 

I honestly am a very emotional person, not sure how the show on the 14th will affect many people, cancer is a mean and horrible disease. 

I never in my life imagined going to a concert where everyone will be singing, perhaps watery eyes, even crying, and realize that the lights will turn on and the show will end, this is it, ever since seeing them in Barrie Ontario at molson park for Another Roadside attraction concert in 1997, the music will stop for one last time, but the memories shall remain. 

Praying for a miracle. 

Not too sure if my American friends have any interest but the crazy thing is they are seriously showing this on large screens in parks all over Canada.   

Thanks for reading my 2 cents 

Cheers and peace to all 

They are streaming final show on cbc, be something worth watching

Edited by krazejeff

I'm a Canadian and I've never really cared for the Hip. But it's a God damn shame about Gord. They were in Winnipeg last week and apparently most of mts centre stayed giving a standing ovation even after the lights came on and the band was gone. The class people are showing at these shows from what I'm hearing is amazing. 

I concur I agree with you, I wasn't as huge of a fan as my friend but somehow I know all of their music. 

It's so different than my typical type of music. 

Hopes and prayers this cancer stops and miracle happens, I do think they define Canadian in many ways... 

I saw Hip back in the 90' in a small college bar in Chappell Hill near the University of North Carolina and thought they put on a great show....of course it could have been the gallons of cheap beer we drank that night but we had a great time in that little dive bar.....

Very sad to hear about Downie's cancer and if there are such things as miracles I hope he finds his......

Went last night to final Toronto show. 

The crowd was singing which was really interesting. 

My wife said that was best show ever for her 

I would say 2nd best to Gnr in July 

The people were awesome, like a party a bit. 

I think what is interesting is more found in the lyrics, some quite clever.