GNR / Metallica Stadium Tour 2017?

8 hours ago, GoBucky said:

I could see that. I saw them at Bonaroo in '08 and just wasn't impressed. The energy just wasn't there, maybe because it was Bonaroo. James just didn't sound good. I saw them on the Justice tour and they was easily in my top 5 shows ever. I hadn't seen them since the Black tour. I bought Load the day it came out and sold it at the used record store the next day. Either way, I just hope we get more Guns tours no matter who they play with. 

hahah I bought load the day it came out too and sold it the next day too. To a girl on my ship. I was in the NAVY at the time.. Took a bus to the Mall to get it.. Bought Slayer's Undisputed Attitude while  I was there. Still have that one ;)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tom-Ass said:

hahah I bought load the day it came out too and sold it the next day too. To a girl on my ship. I was in the NAVY at the time.. Took a bus to the Mall to get it.. Bought Slayer's Undisputed Attitude while  I was there. Still have that one ;)

Undisputed Attitude is a great album!

• Like 1

I remember when Metallica was inducted into the hall of fame and gnr was doing show and the question was asked to them if they would do a tour with gnr and James said they would have to open for them basically he suggested that there was no need for a dual headliner tour more less they way said it was like he was saying gnr was beneath them and at that time he was right but not now  I bet Axl hasn't forgotten that along with all the stuff James has mocked Axl about.

Hell I believe it was James that said he didn't understand the us concert market and they would not do a full tour in the us until something changed. I remember the death magnetic arena tour and the show I went to which was the first date on the us tour and it was far from being sold out lots of upper level seats empty and there where many cities they couldn't even sell out an arena yes some of the shows where near sell outs or sold out.

I like Metallica exspecially from the justice album back but after justice that they where just money hungry and by saying you are going to basically going leave out the us because you can't sell out every show is bs excuse for them being pissed they didn't make the max amounr of dollars to be had

That really changed my mind set toward them.

Edited by bigcountry

On 8/10/2016 at 1:26 AM, MarkIt8Dude said:

Next year would be 25 years since they toured with Metallica.  Would love to see a limited run - 25th anniversary stadium shows next summer.   Guns have been killing it and this is a way to keep the momentum going.  Play them Thursday through Sunday so most shows will be packed.  Who else is with me?!?!!

Metallica? Nah. Been there done that. 

My hypothetical dream for GNR's next tour would be for them to team up with another reunited band. Hypothetical for sure because my picks would be Skid Row or even The Black Crowes or Soundgarden. Now that would be badass. 

Functioning bands? Megadeth would be awesome...Suicidal Tendencies? Or how about something very different like a tour with Public Enemy or Outkast?

Edited by Tiffani

On Wednesday, August 10, 2016 at 8:26 AM, MarkIt8Dude said:

Next year would be 25 years since they toured with Metallica.  Would love to see a limited run - 25th anniversary stadium shows next summer.   Guns have been killing it and this is a way to keep the momentum going.  Play them Thursday through Sunday so most shows will be packed.  Who else is with me?!?!!

Gnr have packed stadium tour   in US in 2016 without Metallica

On 8/10/2016 at 1:36 AM, DieselDaisy said:

Both bands are incredibly lazy when it comes to new material and are infact quite terrible these days so it does make resounding sense. James's voice is shot, isn't it, much like ginger bollocks's?

ok i just had to laugh at ginger bollocks! :rofl-lol:

1 hour ago, evergreen_layne said:

Gimme a break all the Metallica haters.  

Be thankful a band like that still exists and tours cuz once they're gone there wont be another band like Metallica in our "lifetime".

Agree.  I saw Metallica a few years ago at the Orion Festival and they were great.  But c'mon man, they dont exactly tour in the US anymore.

No thanks. Metallica's setlists are boring to me - not enough early stuff. I've seen them twice and the only KEO song I've seen them do is Seek & Destroy. I know it's unrealistic, but I have zero desire to ever see them with a setlist that is even 50% Black Album and after.

4 minutes ago, Powerage5 said:

No thanks. Metallica's setlists are boring to me - not enough early stuff. I've seen them twice and the only KEO song I've seen them do is Seek & Destroy. I know it's unrealistic, but I have zero desire to ever see them with a setlist that is even 50% Black Album and after.

I saw them do all of KEA

Seriously, they rock live

• Like 1