GNR / Metallica Stadium Tour 2017?

I wonder if Lars was at the show.

Other than them both playing festivals and maybe some rich bastard throwing money at them to play a private gig, you'll never see a coheadlining tour happen.

After NITL, I'll be surprised if they ever play stadiums.

I love Metallica but please no...we all remember what happened last time...and if there's still any tiny bit of bad vibes between James and Axl (and we know they're not "best friends") it would result in a disaster...and James did start the whole thing by publicly mocking Axl...

Edited by Kenan
  • Like 1

Not going to happen, GNR will most likely be doing the Asia/ Europe run next Year and Metallica, well a album is in the works but will need to see what they have plan. Only way is a festival but that will be two different days. 

2 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Both bands are incredibly lazy when it comes to new material and are infact quite terrible these days so it does make resounding sense. James's voice is shot, isn't it, much like ginger bollocks's?

lazy? Axl and Lars? I dont know what you are talking about?

the Better video featuring Lars, is a mere week away from debuting. 

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/lars-ulrich-confirms-he-appears-in-guns-n-roses-better-video-but-where-is-it-20090121

stay tuned :axl:

Edited by action
  • Like 4

Metallica is headlining the free Central Park show in September (Global Citizen) - was hoping GNR would get that slot.  Thought there was a slight chance as it is a week after AC/DC wraps up in Phili and before GNR hit South America.

48 minutes ago, GoBucky said:

Exactly...haven't seen them in years, but I heard them at Lolla a few years ago and they sounded horrid! 

I gave up on Metallica after seeing them on the LOAD tour.. Fast forward to a few years ago and I went to the Orion Fest in New Jersey and it ended up being somewhere in the top 10 shows I had ever seen. Maybe even top 5. James actually sounded good, the crowd was incredible and the set list was off the charts.. They played the entire Ride The Lightning album. I could have been happier or more surprised by that show.. They went above and beyond for it and I will definitely go see them again.

Hit the Lights
Master of Puppets
The Four Horsemen
Sad But True
Hell and Back
The Call of Ktulu
Creeping Death
Escape
Trapped Under Ice
Fade to Black
For Whom the Bell Tolls
Ride the Lightning
Fight Fire With Fire
Nothing Else Matters
Enter Sandman
Battery
One
Seek & Destroy

2 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

I gave up on Metallica after seeing them on the LOAD tour.. Fast forward to a few years ago and I went to the Orion Fest in New Jersey and it ended up being somewhere in the top 10 shows I had ever seen. Maybe even top 5. James actually sounded good, the crowd was incredible and the set list was off the charts.. They played the entire Ride The Lightning album. I could have been happier or more surprised by that show.. They went above and beyond for it and I will definitely go see them again.

Hit the Lights
Master of Puppets
The Four Horsemen
Sad But True
Hell and Back
The Call of Ktulu
Creeping Death
Escape
Trapped Under Ice
Fade to Black
For Whom the Bell Tolls
Ride the Lightning
Fight Fire With Fire
Nothing Else Matters
Enter Sandman
Battery
One
Seek & Destroy

I could see that. I saw them at Bonaroo in '08 and just wasn't impressed. The energy just wasn't there, maybe because it was Bonaroo. James just didn't sound good. I saw them on the Justice tour and they was easily in my top 5 shows ever. I hadn't seen them since the Black tour. I bought Load the day it came out and sold it at the used record store the next day. Either way, I just hope we get more Guns tours no matter who they play with. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Walapino said:

I saw Metallica at the By Request tour and they fucking killed it! Much better then when I saw them at the Death MAgnetic tour, so they are improving just like GNR are ;)

I didn't see any improvement at their last show...I mean literally the last show they just played.  Lame and stale.

13 hours ago, dalsh327 said:

I wonder if Lars was at the show.

Other than them both playing festivals and maybe some rich bastard throwing money at them to play a private gig, you'll never see a coheadlining tour happen.

After NITL, I'll be surprised if they ever play stadiums.

why wopuld you be surprised to see them ever play stadiums again?