Human Being

20 minutes ago, Underhardy said:

How can you have as many posts as you do and be an obvious fan of the original line up and slash and no have listened to TSI? Maybe you're just lazy considering you requested a link to something that can easily be googled or youtubed

outside of a song or two i've also never listened to it....after all these yrs its been 100% out of spite, it signaled the end of the band.  

• Like 1

17 hours ago, PhillyRose said:

Is the GnR cover of this New York Dolls song Axl's best display of rasp?

ABSOLUTELY he FUCKING NAILS IT - its as if he is almost in mach mode at certain points in the song where it's just him slamming it out 

1993 is AXL'S VOCAL PEAK and the BANDS PEAK 

what a disaster to not have continued

Edited by double talkin jive mfkr

28 minutes ago, center27j said:

outside of a song or two i've also never listened to it....after all these yrs its been 100% out of spite, it signaled the end of the band.  

That was more Sympathy For The Devil, wasn't it? That's the song Slash says is the sound of the band breaking up. It's not on TSI. 

TSI may be an album by a band that had run out of any inspiration at all. But it does have a few good moments. 

Edited by MillionsOfSpiders

Just a reminder to people - most of TSI? was recorded in 1990/91 during the UYI sessions:

SIDHY - 1993 (it's played in full before the Boston show, so I have no idea what Gilby is talking about when he said they recorded it there)
New Rose - 1990/91 (mentioned in an interview, I believe we have the instrumental from 1990ish too)
Down on the Farm - 1990/91 (same interview)
Human Being - 1993? (No source but Axl's vocals are very 1993-ish. Probably early in the year.)
Raw Power - 1993? (Same as above, Axl's vocals are very 1993-ish)
Ain't It Fun? - 1990/91 (Recorded during the UYI sessions)
Buick Makane - 1993? (Gilby mentions that he wants the band to record a T Rex song)
Hair of the Dog - 1990/91? (no source, but the fact they played it with GAK in 1990 and once in 1988)
Attitude - 1990/91 (mentioned in an interview, played live starting in 1991)
Black Leather - 1990/91 (mentioned in the same interview as above, don't we have the instrumental tracks from 1990/91?)
YCPYAAAM - 1992? @Blackstar mentioned Duff recorded it during the UYI tour. Anyone with any insight please let me know!
IDCAY - 1990/91 (mentioned in the same interview as the other 1990/91 songs)
Look at Your Game, Girl - 1993 ...no source needed.

Edited by Crazyman
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Underhardy said:

How can you have as many posts as you do and be an obvious fan of the original line up and slash and not have listened to TSI? Maybe you're just lazy considering you requested a link to something that can easily be googled or youtubed

Well there are many fans who have not listened to TSI, I have listened to it when it came out, but it din't create a big impact on me that I would remember all the songs, No doubt Im lazy.

Like that everything is available in google, but people here do share things with each other. 

According to your logic, the Social media thread should be closed cause well they are on facebook/twitter etc etc

Edited by Slash787

21 minutes ago, Crazyman said:

Just a reminder to people - most of TSI? was recorded in 1990/91 during the UYI sessions:

SIDHY - 1993 (it's played in full before the Boston show, so I have no idea what Gilby is talking about when he said they recorded it there)
New Rose - 1990/91 (mentioned in an interview, I believe we have the instrumental from 1990ish too)
Human Being - 1993? (No source but Axl's vocals are very 1993-ish. Probably early in the year.)
Buick Makane - 1993? (Gilby mentions that he wants the band to record a T Rex song)
Hair of the Dog - 1990/91? (no source, but the fact they played it with GAK in 1990 and once in 1988)
Black Leather - 1990/91 (mentioned in the same interview as above, don't we have the instrumental tracks from 1990/91?)
YCPYAAAM - 1990/91? I'm not sure. Slash doesn't play on it because he hated Johnny Thunders but there's a mention of an 8 track EP in 1991, and going by my unofficial count this would be #7.

Duff said he recorded YCPYAAAM during the tour. Probably it was 1992.

• Like 1

Good song and good album.

Not sure how can you be a fan and not listen to all the albums of  your favorite band?  This was a band at it's best, classic line up and 1/3 of the covers were already known being played by the band on UYI tour.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Crazyman said:

YCPYAAAM - 1990/91? I'm not sure. Slash doesn't play on it because he hated Johnny Thunders but there's a mention of an 8 track EP in 1991, and going by my unofficial count this would be #7.

Great post.

• Like 1