The Weird World of the Guns N' Roses Reunion Tour

17 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

Even cracked has Axl's back now. What a year

yea I noticed that! Its nice for once.  Hasn't been easy at times being a fan through the years, but  I didn't care.  I just like what I like and never pay attention to trends..  Just laugh when things I have always cared about go in and out of "style" This was a funny read.  Not sure if I appeared to be one of the geezers but who cares I know I had fun!! ;)

2 hours ago, -W.A.R- said:

Axl is behaving so theres nothing to really grill him on except his weight and mickey vocals at times and both of those would come off as cheap

axl-rose-appears-on-conan_o_3791665.jpg

He's certainly skinnier than this bloke. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tiffani said:

Haha good read, funny shit, but it made me feel sad reading it, knowing that it will most likely be 2 years from now until they grace us live in the states again. 

I wouldn't count on it, with the appetite anniversary coming up next year I'm sure they'll be back in the US at some point. 

• Like 1

"I'm not saying it's wrong for old people to like any kind of music. You rock out to some Waka Flocka if you need to, grandpa. It's just that many of them seem to have not left the time in which they first heard that music, and it becomes weird, like when your parents tried to be hip and maybe started rapping at the dinner table one time when you were in high school and you thought your brain might start bleeding at any moment."

It's not like that at all. It's the opposite of that.  The old guys at the GNR concert are in their  environment. The younger hipsterish writer observing them is the rapping parent in this scenario.

• Like 4

"As I sat and drank beer after beer, noticing how uncomfortable my back was from the effort of being upright, I began to grow a stunning respect for the rock star. He deserves to trash hotel rooms and bang groupies. I could never do this shit. I'd be singing the third song from a recliner with an air-conditioner pointed at me while sipping a daiquiri, my destruction limited to the mustard that dripped off of my sausage onto the hotel sheets."

This had me dying!!! :lol:

Edited by DTV88

I totally get #4. I couldn't believe how many old people where at my show. I mean, seriously. I felt totally out of place and weird. It was also kind of depressing because it was a smack to the senses that maybe our favorite type of music... isn't cool anymore. Nothing says "rock is dying" more than a stadium full of 45-55 year olds.