They should play something from Slash

Hello everyone they should play something different, I love Guns n Roses but is time to stop playing cover songs. How about Slither Slash is willing to play Chinese Democracy songs why not play something from Slash...They already play cover songs and please stop playing the Seeker

• Like 3

As much as I can't believe I'm saying this, I would love to hear them pull out some more of the CD material.  I didn't give a shit about those songs for the most part, but am absolutely loving hearing them with Slash and Duff on them.... those leads.... Duff's backing vocals.... suddenly they sound like GnR songs in a way they simply didn't before.  Outside of "Better", I'd put most of what they've done so far up along with most of the Illussions material.

• Like 2

UYI cuts first, obviously.

If you are ever going to suggest songs, stop suggesting shit like Ghost or YAL please.

Serial Killer, Neither Can I, By The Sword, Life's Sweet Drug would be great with Axl on them.

I dont see Myles songs happening because Axl would feel the pressure of having to sing better than Myles. VR stuff I can see as a tribute to Scott since he's since passed away. Would love some old Snakepit stuff that Axl wanted to record like Back And Forth Again, or UYI stuff. Bad Obsession, Breakdown, Dead Horse, Locomotive, Perfect Crime, Bad Apples and (crucify me) Get In The Ring are all songs I'd like to see above anything else first.

4 hours ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

So now Velvet Revolver and Slash's stuff is shit? Feels like we've traveled a few years back in time.

Is Slash a cancer again?

:facepalm:

I dont see one post in this thread where people claimed that man, where did you see it? Maybe you misread the common synonym "shit" being used for "stuff"

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

Fact: if GN'R play VR that will be two/five Velvet Revolver members present. For Slash and Duff this would not be a 'cover'.

Fact: most see Guns as being embodied by the Appetite line-up, or at a minimum, Axl, Slash and Duff. There were two/five Appetite-members present in Velvet Revolver as opposed to Nugnr's one/five. There is a reason people call the latter 'fake Guns'.

Who is covering who here?

Edited by DieselDaisy
  • Like 2

43 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Fact: if GN'R play VR that will be two/five Velvet Revolver members present. For Slash and Duff this would not be a 'cover'.

Fact: most see Guns as being embodied by the Appetite line-up, or at a minimum, Axl, Slash and Duff. There were two/five Appetite-members present in Velvet Revolver as opposed to Nugnr's one/five. There is a reason people call the latter 'fake Guns'.

Who is covering who here?

If Guns N' Roses plays a song written and released by another band then Guns N' Roses would be covering that band. It is that simple.

Just now, SoulMonster said:

If Guns N' Roses plays a song written and released by another band then Guns N' Roses would be covering that band. It is that simple.

I disagree.

If the Spice Girls were playing live under the name, 'Guns N' Roses', would you consider them Guns N' Roses?

GN'R is inherent to its members, its personae: Messrs. Axl, Slash, Duff, Izzy and to a lesser extent Adler.

• Like 2