They should play something from Slash

12 hours ago, Nosaj Thing said:

It sold around 3-3.5 million, which, to be honest, is a lot - considering that garbage album is an unlistenable piece of shit.

Not too mention all the copies that were ordered but didn't sell and ended up in the 99 cent bucket. The interest in the album was highly miscalculated. I am pretty sure no one ever had to restock their shelves with Chinese Democracy.

• Like 2

No guys! STOP! "GNR" took over the world with CD. It sold 7 million copies in the USA and extrapolated 100 bi worldwide. Axl and his brothers worked together and came up with the music and the release date. Actually Axl was recieving direct orders from Tommy General Stuson about how to sing. It was a real band!!!!!!11 It says GUNS N ROSES in the cover that makes it automatically a band. Trent Reznor calls himself NINE INCH NAILS and that turns him into a band too. A person is a band!

Edited by maynard
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, North Korean Democracy said:

Back on the original topic, Slither would sound awesome with Axl's low voice but sadly I don't think they'll ever perform it.  I'm sure that Slither was put in the setlist pic as an inside joke of how Axl will never play it.

There have been a lot more than that one pic though. I'm not saying I'm certain they'll play it, but it's definitely been on the setlist as an alternate every night. Many people have mentioned this, but it's happened before. Perfect Crime was an alternate on the entire 2006 tour but wasn't played.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

There have been a lot more than that one pic though. I'm not saying I'm certain they'll play it, but it's definitely been on the setlist as an alternate every night. Many people have mentioned this, but it's happened before. Perfect Crime was an alternate on the entire 2006 tour but wasn't played.

It seems the only Alternate songs they touch are CD songs

• Like 4

Maybe Slash's solo career was more succesful than Axl's but at the end of the Axl-Slash feud, Axl won by making Slash play Chinese Democracy songs, especially Sorry. It's not really surprising since Slash has always been under Axl's thumb. First Axl made him play a racist song like One in a Million when he's half black and now he made him play a diss track about him. It wouldn't surprise me if Axl made Slash apologize to him for making him say he's a cancer. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, North Korean Democracy said:

Maybe Slash's solo career was more succesful than Axl's but at the end of the Axl-Slash feud, Axl won by making Slash play Chinese Democracy songs, especially Sorry. It's not really surprising since Slash has always been under Axl's thumb. First Axl made him play a racist song like One in a Million when he's half black and now he made him play a diss track about him. It wouldn't surprise me if Axl made Slash apologize to him for making him say he's a cancer. 

True. Axl has won the war. Slash got 'Coma' and Adler for two shows. Axl got everything else, including Slash playing his Chinese excrement. Slash really must have needed the cash to demean himself to playing 'Sorry'.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DieselDaisy said:

True. Axl has won the war. Slash got 'Coma' and Adler for two shows. Axl got everything else, including Slash playing his Chinese excrement. Slash really must have needed the cash to demean himself to playing 'Sorry'.

Slash made Guns a two guitar band again.

With everything else you're correct 

24 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

That's how life works. Sometimes the bad guys win.

26 minutes ago, WhenYou'reTalkinToYourself said:

I would like to hear Anastasia too. It may be Slash's top live non-GNR song.

He could play it as an instrumental instead of Wish You Were Here, the guitar clearly is the best part of the song and I don't think Axl will have a problem with it.

3 minutes ago, North Korean Democracy said:

He could play it as an instrumental instead of Wish You Were Here, the guitar clearly is the best part of the song and I don't think Axl will have a problem with it.

I would like to hear Axl singing it. Not that the lyrics are something special, but I think it will be a killer with his voice.

Otherwise, he could play it instead of Speak Softly Love.

It's amusing to me how many of you look at the beauty of what's going on up there on stage night after night..... a gift we've all been given, really.... and turn it into a negative of someone having 'won' and someone having 'lost'.

I almost garauntee you.... hell, I'd damn near bet my life.... that they both consider this whole tour a major win for all parties involved and neither feels like they've lost anything other than a lot of pent up anger and negative feelings.

• Like 3

For Slash to play 'Sorry' is a bit like Slash stepping up to the microphone and saying, ''I'm the cancer. I'm the cunt who lied in my book. It was all my fault and Axl is god''. As I previously stated in an, ehh, deleted post, it would be like Paul McCartney singing 'How Do You Sleep?'. It is humiliating watching him stoop this low.

8 hours ago, AxlCole said:

It's amusing to me how many of you look at the beauty of what's going on up there on stage night after night..... a gift we've all been given, really.... and turn it into a negative of someone having 'won' and someone having 'lost'.

I almost garauntee you.... hell, I'd damn near bet my life.... that they both consider this whole tour a major win for all parties involved and neither feels like they've lost anything other than a lot of pent up anger and negative feelings.

I've always said something similar to this over the years. I bet all of us forum members put a lot more thought into the negative side of everything than anyone associated with the band ever does. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, WhenYou'reTalkinToYourself said:

Am I the only one who doesn't feel Slither fits Axl's voice? Especially the chorus.

Also, Slash has some better songs in his solo career (not that popular though).

That said, I would like to hear it. It would be something different. And he may prove me wrong.

I agree that Slither and especially the chorus is very different compared to everything else I've heard Axl sing. That doesn't automatically mean that Axl couldn't pull it off though. He has many different voices and would be interesting to hear Axl's Slither for sure.

Oh and lol at the people who still think Sorry is about Slash. :lol:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

I've always said something similar to this over the years. I bet all of us forum members put a lot more thought into the negative side of everything than anyone associated with the band ever does. 

Sorry about my negativity. Gotta admit that seeing Slaxl together again i'ts a dream come true. I honestly believed that it wouldn't happen in this lifetime. I didn't believed it until they oficially confirmed.

Edited by North Korean Democracy

2 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

For Slash to play 'Sorry' is a bit like Slash stepping up to the microphone and saying, ''I'm the cancer. I'm the cunt who lied in my book. It was all my fault and Axl is god''. As I previously stated in an, ehh, deleted post, it would be like Paul McCartney singing 'How Do You Sleep?'. It is humiliating watching him stoop this low.

This is very presumptuous on so many levels.  He's no 'stooping' to anything.  He's on top of the world in a way neither him nor Axl has been in decades, while at the same time being sober and having none of the drama that went along with his previous successes.  By all indications, he's probably enjoying this success at a level he's never been able to enjoy it in his life.  If that's 'humiliating', simply because he played a song you _assume_ is about him (as if he'd give a fuck one way or another when deciding if he'll play it or not) then we should all be so lucky as to be 'humiliated' like that. 

I mean, seriously, even if it _is_ about him: Do you think big time musicians have never played songs by other band members who wrote about them in a negative way?  Hell, that was literally the formula of one of the biggest records of all time:  Fleetwood Mac's "Rumours".

Edited by AxlCole

22 minutes ago, Lies They Tell said:

It's obviously about media, like Get In The Ring. I mean, "I'll kick your ass like I said that I would".

18 minutes ago, -W.A.R- said:

Sorry is about anybody that Axl felt was against him, which includes Slash, but it wasn't written solely about him 

My interpretation of it is that it is about Slash. It is too specific for a generalised swipe at the 'media'.