They should play something from Slash

I don't think Sorry is about Slash, at least it's not mainly about him. Axl has said that he was told (by Slash apparently) to sing the songs as they were, without making any changes, or fuck off, which is not exactly the same as "shut up and sing". This line is probably about all those (media, fans) who have slammed Axl for his rants on stage or for what he was saying in interviews.

Edited by Blackstar

On 8/14/2016 at 11:17 PM, PsychoKiss344 said:

The only CD songs I would keep in the set would be Chinese and Better.

Replace the other songs with some VR.

i'd keep Better, i just love that the more i hear it. TIL was one of the two i really wanted to see live and it was good but doesn't need to be played every time now, TWAT needs to be played more IMO. more than the one time it was in Mexico City for sure!

10 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

"You sold your soul"

Sorry is about Slash. 

i don't care for Sorry and it's a slap in the face for him to have to play it. i hate admitting but i was kinda liking CITR in Phoenix. it just bugged me it was in the encore for some reason :shrugs:

Edited by AxlsFavoriteRose
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

i don't care for Sorry and it's a slap in the face for him to have to play it. i hate admitting but i was kinda liking CINR in Phoenix. it just bugged me it was in the encore for some reason :shrugs:

I actually quite like sorry, and Axl knows exactly how fans will read into that song even if it's not about Slash, which it totally is in my eyes :lol: I would not have it live though, no way. 

Cant stand CITR, or Better. The only CD songs I do like I do not think come over well live, like Madagascar. So I'd leave them all out except for the title track. But that's just my opinion. Others really like  other songs and I will just ignore them when I go to see them, like I have the times I've been before :) 

Edited by MillionsOfSpiders
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I actually quite like sorry, and Axl knows exactly how fans will read into that song even if it's not about Slash, which it totally is in my eyes :lol: I would not have it live though, no way. 

Cant stand CITR, or Better. The only CD songs I do like I do not think come over well live, like Madagascar. So I'd leave them all out except for the title track. But that's just my opinion. Others really like other songs and I will just ignore them when I go to see them like I have other times :) 

when i heard CD live i had no idea wth is was. i had heard TIL and TWAT and a few others i don't really recall. 

33 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

i don't care for Sorry and it's a slap in the face for him to have to play it. i hate admitting but i was kinda liking CITR in Phoenix. it just bugged me it was in the encore for some reason :shrugs:

I don't like Sorry either

I HATE Better.. It is just a pile of dog shit..

I don't mind the song CD.. It is short and early in the set. I used to like the 2002 live version. I hate the intro chord progression though. Don't know if it was always like that.

This I love is dreadful.. The Chorus is catchy but also overly repetitive 

I wasn't familiar with Catcher so I listened to it. It actually wasn't that bad. There were elements to it that I actually liked but also some industrial crap that I didn't care for. I thought this might be a song that I might actually like hearing this line up do so I you tubed it from this tour. I didn't like the way Axl sounded and only made it half way through the song. I will probably give it another shot. I also agree that there are no CD songs worthy of being in the encore.

I still stand by thinking there should be no more than one or two CD songs in the set.. They just aren't that good. I would prefer zero but 1 or 2 is bearable since it is such a long set.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, North Korean Democracy said:

All Chinese Democracy is about Slash. Especially Sorry‚ Street of Dreams and This I Love.

the women in the women's discussion thread would totally love if This I Love was about Slash

"ive searched the universe and found myself within your eyes" :lol: its hilarious to think this is about slash 

Edited by -W.A.R-
  • Like 1

IMO they should change The Seeker for Slither, remove TIL or alternate it with Better, put in that slot an UYI song or play TWAT every show because it's awesome, play Don't Cry and Patience every show, tell Melissa to learn to play harmonica so they can play Bad Obsession because it's a cool song, it'll be easy for Axl to sing it and she can be a bit useful, play Outta Get Me and My Michelle at every show and release the Troubadour gig in home video (altough I'm sure they won't do that because Axl fell on his ass in that show lol)

Edited by North Korean Democracy

On 8/17/2016 at 9:17 AM, Tom-Ass said:

I don't mind the song CD.. It is short and early in the set. I used to like the 2002 live version. I hate the intro chord progression though. Don't know if it was always like that.

I wasn't familiar with Catcher so I listened to it. It actually wasn't that bad. There were elements to it that I actually liked but also some industrial crap that I didn't care for. I thought this might be a song that I might actually like hearing this line up do so I you tubed it from this tour. I didn't like the way Axl sounded and only made it half way through the song. I will probably give it another shot. I also agree that there are no CD songs worthy of being in the encore.

I still stand by thinking there should be no more than one or two CD songs in the set.. They just aren't that good. I would prefer zero but 1 or 2 is bearable since it is such a long set.

Tom -- listen to the original raw Brian May demo of Catcher in The Rye. If that demo had duff, slash, and Izzy -- it would be a classic UYI 2 track.

I feel the same way about Sorry -- it's musically great imho. I just don't care for the lyrics. With better lyrics, I think this song would be immensely more effective.

2 hours ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

you're not alone

It sucks. The lyrics are dreadful.

• Like 2

On 17.8.2016 at 7:17 PM, Tom-Ass said:

Well... I don't care for CD the song.

I used to like Better the studio version but it does nothing for me live. And I think Slash shreds to much on this one.

Sorry is a song that I really liked on CD musically and I love it how it's been playing now, but I liked the previous Slash solos more than the last one in Dodgers Stadium.

I hated Catcher on CD and I hate it now. Another song that does nothing for me in this setting.

I love Slash's take on TIL. And even when I don't like Axl's lyrics, I love Axl's vocal performance on this song.

If I had to choose out of these four I would take Sorry and TIL.

• Like 1