Aerosmith Farewell Tour 2017

Tiffani

I've seen these guys 3 times in my life, once from front row with Motley Crue...great shows!!!

I was bummed to read that the bad boys from Boston are planning on hanging it up but wow did they give it an amazing run! Aerosmith will definitely have a very important and well deserved place in  the history of pop culture.

Steve Tyler said the farewell tour will probably last forever so anyone who wants to attend should have ample opportunity to see them. I know I'm going to be there!I

I'm hoping they pull out some deep classics for the tour. There are so many possibilities. Will we get to hear jewels like The Hand That Feeds, SOS Too Bad, Jailbait, Nobody's Fault, Mia, Seasons of Wither, Chip Away The Stone, Rattlesnake Shake, etc??

I freakin love Aerosmith. Love that band!

Edited by Tiffani

13 minutes ago, Powerage5 said:

Saw them once, they sucked. Had tickets twice more, they cancelled both shows.

They won't get any more of my money.

Ouch! :o

Curious, in what year/tour did you see the bad show, and why did they cancel two shows, (twice in a row)? What happened there? 

Just now, Tiffani said:

Ouch! :o

Curious, in what year/tour did you see the bad show, and why did they cancel two shows, (twice in a row)? What happened there? 

I saw them in 2006. One of the cancelled shows was in 2009, I think Steven Tyler was sick for that one. But they only cancelled it like an hour before doors opened, and I'd already driven 5 hours. I can't remember exactly what year the other one was, maybe 2010?

I saw them with Mötley as well, it was my first real big rock show too. They brought out Nikki Sixx to do Helter Skelter which was cool but I thought Mötley were actually the better show that night. Saw them again in 2010 and they were good, I don't know if I'd go see them again though. I skipped them when they came to my city because tickets were $200 each <_<

4 hours ago, Powerage5 said:

I saw them in 2006. One of the cancelled shows was in 2009, I think Steven Tyler was sick for that one. But they only cancelled it like an hour before doors opened, and I'd already driven 5 hours. I can't remember exactly what year the other one was, maybe 2010?

Wow. I would have been pissed!!! A five hour drive for nothing. I can't say I blame you for not giving the band another chance. That sucks..

4 hours ago, Jabberwocky said:

a poor man's Rolling Stones

I never understood that statement. Besides the similarities of Mick and Steven's lip size and onstage swagger, Aerosmith as a whole has a their own sound...in my opinion at least. 

4 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I saw them with Mötley as well, it was my first real big rock show too. They brought out Nikki Sixx to do Helter Skelter which was cool but I thought Mötley were actually the better show that night. Saw them again in 2010 and they were good, I don't know if I'd go see them again though. I skipped them when they came to my city because tickets were $200 each <_<

Makes me wonder how much tix will be for the farewell. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Tiffani said:

I never understood that statement. Besides the similarities of Mick and Steven's lip size and onstage swagger, Aerosmith as a whole has a their own sound...in my opinion at least. 

Makes me wonder how much tix will be for the farewell. 

He's Canadian. So $200 is, like, 20 real dollars.

A farewell tour will pretty much mean the same setlist with all the greatest hits in it. Like the one on the last 15 tours. Steven's refusal to mix it up is annoying, the entire band wants to shake things up and there's Mr. Tyler who refuses to sing anything different than what we've heard loads of times before. I get that you got to please an audience, but there's no reason why 80% of the set needs to stay the same.

13 minutes ago, classicrawker said:

If you had seen them in the early/mid 70's you would not compare them to tne Stones....I saw them 6 times 74- 78 and nobody put on a better show back then.......

I saw them twice in the 70's and they were absolutely one of the great live shows out there.

In fact, when I saw GnR  12 years later they were clearly influenced. The Aerosmith swagger and presence was all over that tour.

And I say that with the greatest affection btw.

• Like 1

I like their '70s stuff. The first four albums, Rocks etc.,  was a very good innings. I saw them 1999ish and they were decent although too many of the cheesy modern ballads for my liking in the set.

The cynic in me suggests this will be the 'farewell'' until they decide to ''reunite'!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

I like their '70s stuff. The first four albums, Rocks etc.,  was a very good innings. I saw them 1999ish and they were decent although too many of the cheesy modern ballads for my liking in the set.

The cynic in me suggests this will be the 'farewell'' until they decide to ''reunite'!

Well said...I think their first four albums are classics........but your comment about the ballads is interesting............I was at one of their concerts about 6 years ago and they put on their usual good show with a good mix of old and new songs  but it was interesting to watch the crowd which was a pretty even mix of old and young fans. 

When the band played the post 1986 ballads, like Pink,  and pop songs like Dude and Elevator, the young 20-30yr olds were singing along and knew all the words while the fans who grew up with 70's Aerosmith either just stood there or went on a beer run. But when the band played the harder 70's rock songs the opposite was true as the older fans came alive while the youngsters just stood there as if they did not know the songs or went for a beer.

So it showed for me that there really was two different Aerosmith's. The old classic  rock Aerosmith of the 70's and the reborn version post 86 that remade themselves into a more pop band heavy into commercial ballads.......still a great show and I may try to grab a ticket for this tour.

10 hours ago, classicrawker said:

If you had seen them in the early/mid 70's you would not compare them to tne Stones....I saw them 6 times 74- 78 and nobody put on a better show back then.......

I believe that. They rocked like hell in the old YouTube videos I've seen of some of their 70's shows. 

6 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Right. How many farewell tours were truly farewells? I can't think of any bands that actually quit forever after embarking on a farewell tour, not off the top of my head at least 

10 hours ago, RNRS said:

A farewell tour will pretty much mean the same setlist with all the greatest hits in it. Like the one on the last 15 tours. Steven's refusal to mix it up is annoying, the entire band wants to shake things up and there's Mr. Tyler who refuses to sing anything different than what we've heard loads of times before. I get that you got to please an audience, but there's no reason why 80% of the set needs to stay the same.

And that's a shame because there is so much great material that has collected dust and is sitting on the shelf. Hell, even a couple from Done With Mirrors would be cool. Darkness - for a deep cut, and Let The Music Do The Talking - for a revisit, comes to mind. The last time I saw them they flirted with the intro of Hangman Jury from Vacation and I went nuts, ugh, but they I only used it to go into another song but I can't remember which one it was. 

@DieselDaisy I agree about the ballads and easier listening songs for the most part although I Angel and Crying are classics, IMO. I never cared for Jani's Got A Gun at all. The message is compelling but I got burned out on that one real quick with the heavy radio and MTV play. Pearl Jam's Jeremy is another one that I can barely listen to these days for the same reason. 

32 minutes ago, Tiffani said:

Haha.. Ok then. Maybe tix for myself, husband and a friend or two won't be equivalent to rent money after all lol. 

To be fair, I live on Vancouver Island and it just costs more for bands to get here, so sometimes they inflate ticket prices. Alice Cooper did the same thing when I saw him in a theatre, I think Elton John did it when he played the same arena that Aerosmith did... it sucks because there's tons of concerts I want to see in Vancouver but the ferry costs usually deter me, so when bands come here sometimes it ends up barely being cheaper than just seeing them on the mainland <_<

If they came back and tickets were reasonable I'd go see them.

16 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

To be fair, I live on Vancouver Island and it just costs more for bands to get here, so sometimes they inflate ticket prices. Alice Cooper did the same thing when I saw him in a theatre, I think Elton John did it when he played the same arena that Aerosmith did... it sucks because there's tons of concerts I want to see in Vancouver but the ferry costs usually deter me, so when bands come here sometimes it ends up barely being cheaper than just seeing them on the mainland <_<

If they came back and tickets were reasonable I'd go see them.

Wow, how much are ferry tolls and how many miles is it between the island and mainland? Sounds like the cost of taking a train or bus between cities. On a side note, I bet where you live is beautiful. 

20 minutes ago, Tiffani said:

Wow, how much are ferry tolls and how many miles is it between the island and mainland? Sounds like the cost of taking a train or bus between cities. On a side note, I bet where you live is beautiful. 

It's fairly cheap to walk on the ferry but then I'd have to bus to Vancouver and find a hotel, and it's about $80-90 each way to drive on (but I can sleep in my truck if I have to). Basically, if I want to see a show in Vancouver and the ticket is $50, it would end up costing me something like $250 for the show/transportation/maybe food. But yea, otherwise it's a nice city, lots of tourists in the summer go to Butchart Gardens and the harbour.