Aerosmith Farewell Tour 2017

Tiffani

One thing Aerosmith and the Stones do have in common is outrageous ticket prices especially if you want decent seats..........You may be able to get nosebleeds for less than $100 USD but if you want decent seats, where you can actually see the band without watching the big screen, they are not the band to see. If you want to just get into the venue and can live with nosebleeds and don't mind watching the show on a big screen  the last tour they played sheds here lawn seats could be had for less than $40 but then the band were about the size of ants on stage.

Edited by classicrawker

1 hour ago, classicrawker said:

One thing Aerosmith and the Stones do have in common is outrageous ticket prices especially if you want decent seats..........You may be able to get nosebleeds for less than $100 USD but if you want decent seats, where you can actually see the band without watching the big screen they are not the band to see. If you want to just get into the venue and can live with nosebleeds and donn't mind wathcng the show on a big screen last tour they played sheds here lawn seats could be had for less than $40 but then the band were about the size of ants on stage.

I mean, in the Stones' defense, at least they do the Lucky Dip tickets. I've done that three times, and got the most expensive tickets every time; $1,500 pit tickets in 2013 (I paid $85 per ticket for the Lucky Dip), and $400 tickets for two shows in 2015 (I paid $29 per ticket). I know not everyone gets that lucky, but at least it's something.

14 minutes ago, Powerage5 said:

I mean, in the Stones' defense, at least they do the Lucky Dip tickets. I've done that three times, and got the most expensive tickets every time; $1,500 pit tickets in 2013 (I paid $85 per ticket for the Lucky Dip), and $400 tickets for two shows in 2015 (I paid $29 per ticket). I know not everyone gets that lucky, but at least it's something.

Sure but that was only this past tour and, IMHO I don't know this for a fact, I think it it was because they took so much abuse from the fans and the media over the outrageous ticket prices where even the Nosebleeds were $150. When they first went on sale the cheapest seat was $150 I believe...at least for tthe  Boston and Brooklyn, NYC shows that was the case........... 

The tours before that, 40 and Bigger Bang, you could get field or floor seats for between $150-300 a pop. I know because I went to mutliple shows on those tours.............Not so on this past tour..............Also they were having trouble selling those floor and lower bowl tickets this past tour so they could afford to sell several thousand  "lucky dip' tickets to many of the shows.

when the tickets for the last tour first went on sale there were no "Lucky Dip" or "flex pricing" tickets available. It was only when they had trouble selling the outrageously priced seats that they started the "Luck Dips" and the promoters started "flex pricing" the better seats with prices dropping almost daily the closer you got to show day so I would not give the Stones or the promoters too much credit for these practices as I think it was a business decision to get good press and sell more tickets even if at a reduced price.............

Edited by classicrawker

3 minutes ago, classicrawker said:

Sure but that was only this past tour and, IMHO I don't know this for a fact, I think it it was because they took so much abuse from the fans and the media over the outrageous ticket prices where even the Nosebleeds were $150. The tours before that, 40 and Bigger Bang, you could get field or floor seats for between $150-300 a pop. Not so on this last tour..............Also they were having trouble selling those floor and lower bowl tickets this past tour so they could afford to sell several thousand  "lucky dip' tickets to many of the shows.

when the tickets for the last tour first wnet on sale there were no "Lucky Dip" or "flex pricing" available. It was only when they had trouble selling the outrageously priced seats that they started the "Luck Dips" and the promoters started "flex pricing" the better seats with prices dropping almost daily the closer you got to show day so I would not give the Stones or the promoters too much credit for these practices as I think it was a business decision to get good press and sell more tickets even if at a reduced price.............

Well...sort of. They did start out with some LD tickets on both the 2013 and 2015 tours, but added more as the regular tickets didn't sell. In 2013 I got mine for Toronto at the last second after missing out on the initial LD tickets. In 2015 I got LD's for both Columbus and Detroit on day one of sales, no problems at all. I actually didn't even plan on doing Detroit at first, I only decided to once I saw how cheap the LD's were for that tour. 

Still, regardless of their reasoning behind doing the LD tickets, it's still a nice gesture IMO. Especially when you consider the LD prices are always lower than the cheapest tickets at face value.

3 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

It's fairly cheap to walk on the ferry but then I'd have to bus to Vancouver and find a hotel, and it's about $80-90 each way to drive on (but I can sleep in my truck if I have to). Basically, if I want to see a show in Vancouver and the ticket is $50, it would end up costing me something like $250 for the show/transportation/maybe food. But yea, otherwise it's a nice city, lots of tourists in the summer go to Butchart Gardens and the harbour.

$50 to $250 Wow!!! That's like a 500% increase in funds. Yikes! For that kind of investment I would be very discriminating in who I choose to see live. Maybe I'd try my damnedest to win some tix from the radio lol. 

2 hours ago, Powerage5 said:

Well...sort of. They did start out with some LD tickets on both the 2013 and 2015 tours, but added more as the regular tickets didn't sell. In 2013 I got mine for Toronto at the last second after missing out on the initial LD tickets. In 2015 I got LD's for both Columbus and Detroit on day one of sales, no problems at all. I actually didn't even plan on doing Detroit at first, I only decided to once I saw how cheap the LD's were for that tour. 

Still, regardless of their reasoning behind doing the LD tickets, it's still a nice gesture IMO. Especially when you consider the LD prices are always lower than the cheapest tickets at face value.

Hmmmmm,  you may be right but I am pretty sure they started the LD tickets after they announced what the ticket prices for the very short  2012 tour were going to be and then took a ton of flack about the prices. In fact I don't think there were any LD tickets for the Brooklyn or London O2 shows as demand was high because the 2013 tour dates had not been announced yet.  The band took ton of shit for the ticket prices of those 2012 shows and I remember interviews with Mick, Keef and Ronnie trying to defend the ticket prices  back in 2012.

They then announced the LD tickets for the L.A. shows, originally supposed to be very limited like 500 tickets,  and upped the amount available when the regular ticket sales were sluggish.  

The promoter also started his "flex pricing" scheme when the very expensive lower level seats were not selling so he gradually lowered the ticket prices the closer the day of show came. That really pissed off those who jumped on the early ticket sales and paid top dollar for the best seats. I saw cases where $650 lower bowl seat ended up being reduced to under $200 the week of the shows because they were not selling.

Listen I agree with you it was a nice gesture, and I was very happy with my LD lower bowl seats for the two Boston shows, but I am just not so sure it was done for altruistic reasons as much as for PR and trying to fill up the Arenas back in 2013.

In any case back on topic based on past history I expect the Aerosmith tickets for the best seats to be ridiculously priced, think Stones pricing, and the best seats only avaiable through the Aerosmith fan club as lart of high priced "VIP" packages. At leastt that is what they have done for recent tours I tried to get tickets fo and I ahve a couple of Fan Club Tshirts to prove it........I never did buy those "VIP" packages though...

Edited by classicrawker

1 hour ago, Tiffani said:

$50 to $250 Wow!!! That's like a 500% increase in funds. Yikes! For that kind of investment I would be very discriminating in who I choose to see live. Maybe I'd try my damnedest to win some tix from the radio lol. 

Yea, I really have to pick and choose who I see unfortunately. I'm going to see one more show in Vancouver this year but it's not until November so I have time to save up for it lol.

I'd honestly be more interested in Steven's solo tour than an Aerosmith farewell tour anyway though.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
3 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

Joey Kramer is a douche. Wow, what stupid comments.

Love Aerosmith, but they don't compare to The Stones. Both Stones gigs were way better than the two Aero gigs I've seen, too.

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/joey-kramer-rolling-stones-comment/

In my opinion....Aerosmith may be the most over-rated band....ever.  

• Like 3

I saw Aerosmith a few years ago and all I remember is that Steven Tyler screwed up Sweet Emotion so badly they almost started over, they had some of the worst old man facial hair I have ever seen, and Joey Kramer had a 20 minute drum solo. 20 fucking minutes. The only reason a drum solo should take 20 minutes is if your Cruecifly gets stuck.

On the plus side, they didn't play that Armageddon song that makes me want to stab myself in the eyeball.   On the minus, 20 minute drum solo.

On the one hand:

On the other hand, I've seen The Rolling Stones. You, Aerosmith, are no Rolling Stones.

• Like 1

I still love Aerosmith and REALLY enjoyed the 2 shows I saw. The first time the setlist sucked and the drum and guitar solos were totally lame (Joe "dueled" the guitar hero version of himself... so bad) but it was my first Aero gig and my friend fucking loves them and was there with me. We were on the floor and it was right after all the drama between Steven and Joe/rest of the band so they had a fire in them and really performed great. Loved that show. The second time I was in the upper bowl and was with my ex who fell asleep. The sound was pretty bad for the first few songs and the pop stuff and hits sounded more phoned in. HOWEVER, there were more deep cuts including some of my all time favorites like Chip Away and Lord of the Thighs. They rocked those and a few other deep cuts so that show was really cool, too.

I'd see them again if it was convenient for me.

That being said, they are no Stones. The two Stones shows I saw were both a lot better than the Aerosmith ones and Charlie is a way better musician than fucking Joey Kramer. I just find his recent comments in poor taste and unnecessary. They are all ancient, so why bother? Since he did, though, fans get to talk about it. Sorry, Joey, you were always my least favorite Aero member.

• Like 3

I have seen Aerosmith at least  dozen times and the Stones a couple of dozen times and honestly neither band disappointed me as every show was excellent. If I had any bitch with Aerosmith it is their shows can be a little short while the Stones always give you at least 2 hours. The other thing with post 1990's Aerosmith is I am not  fan of their later catalog which is heavy on the ballads so I probably got about an hour of songs I really enjoy and the other half I am hitting the head or the beer line.  Now 70's Aerosmith was a different story as there was not a boring song in the whole setlist IMHO but they usually played less than 90 minutes back then...........Still think they are one of the top live acts I have ever seen in concert in any era.

As far s Joey's comments are concerned they are no less insulting then I have read from Mick and Keef about Aerosmith, or other bands for that matter, as both have slagged them off in the past.  But that was rather a cheap shot at Charlie as how can anyone hate on Charlie?

Oh God, Aerosmith! They're just rubbish - absolute bullshit. The singer (Steve Tyler) is quite a nice guy, mind you. He's almost too bloody sweet. He's very kind to me, anyway (smirk). Yeah, you know what I mean. He's such a little sweetheart, really - what can you do with him? Punch 'im in the mouth? Here, what are you playing at, fuckin' impersonating me? - Slam! (Laughs)

- Mick Jagger, 1977

Mick Jagger does Steven Tyler doing Burger King commercial on Saturday Night live

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zLDiyqqFek

the original

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvAPG4__Qeo

On 8/14/2016 at 2:08 PM, classicrawker said:

One thing Aerosmith and the Stones do have in common is outrageous ticket prices especially if you want decent seats..........You may be able to get nosebleeds for less than $100 USD but if you want decent seats, where you can actually see the band without watching the big screen, they are not the band to see. If you want to just get into the venue and can live with nosebleeds and don't mind watching the show on a big screen  the last tour they played sheds here lawn seats could be had for less than $40 but then the band were about the size of ants on stage.

Last time I saw Aerosmith I paid about 40 bucks to sit in the rafters. Not bad, at all! Granted, that was in 2012. However, I paid about $200 bucks to sit just as far away for the Stones in 2013. Totally worth it, though.

40 minutes ago, classicrawker said:

I have seen Aerosmith at least  dozen times and the Stones a couple of dozen times and honestly neither band disappointed me as every show was excellent. If I had any bitch with Aerosmith it is their shows can be a little short while the Stones always give you at least 2 hours. The other thing with post 1990's Aerosmith is I am not  fan of their later catalog which is heavy on the ballads so I probably got about an hour of songs I really enjoy and the other half I am hitting the head or the beer line.  Now 70's Aerosmith was a different story as there was not a boring song in the whole setlist IMHO but they usually played less than 90 minutes back then...........Still think they are one of the top live acts I have ever seen in concert in any era.

As far s Joey's comments are concerned they are no less insulting then I have read from Mick and Keef about Aerosmith, or other bands for that matter, as both have slagged them off in the past.  But that was rather a cheap shot at Charlie as how can anyone hate on Charlie?

Oh God, Aerosmith! They're just rubbish - absolute bullshit. The singer (Steve Tyler) is quite a nice guy, mind you. He's almost too bloody sweet. He's very kind to me, anyway (smirk). Yeah, you know what I mean. He's such a little sweetheart, really - what can you do with him? Punch 'im in the mouth? Here, what are you playing at, fuckin' impersonating me? - Slam! (Laughs)

- Mick Jagger, 1977

Mick Jagger does Steven Tyler doing Burger King commercial on Saturday Night live

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zLDiyqqFek

the original

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvAPG4__Qeo

Never heard that quote. They're all wankers :lol:

Still don't care for Kramer

10 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

Never heard that quote. They're all wankers :lol:

Still don't care for Kramer

Yeah Joey has always been a little odd but I read his biography and he had a rough childhood and suffered from depression and anxiety most of his life so he has his demons and low self esteem which may contribute to him lashing out.............:shrugs:

http://archive.boston.com/yourtown/news/hingham/2011/09/by_nancy_harris_childhood_trau.html

1 hour ago, classicrawker said:

Yeah Joey has always been a little odd but I read his biography and he had a rough childhood and suffered from depression and anxiety most of his life so he has his demons and low self esteem which may contribute to him lashing out.............:shrugs:

http://archive.boston.com/yourtown/news/hingham/2011/09/by_nancy_harris_childhood_trau.html

That's a shame. I don't know the guy so I can only go by his interviews. The dude is the drummer for Aerosmith, so he has that going for him :shrugs:

Tom Hamilton(bassist) later on said he loves Joey but Rolling Stones are better lol.

That said, I love Aerosmith. Saw them only once cuz they been to my country just once. Great show. Steven's voice is just great til now.

will watch them again in Madrid this June!!! A week before my first GN'R show!