Amber Heard's Video of an Angry Johnny. What do you think?

AdriftatSea

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

The thing that concerns me is, will we have to endure more Pirates of Caribbean sequels, if Depp has to hand over a chunk of his fortune?

His injury happned during the filming of PoC V so you will have to endure at least one more.............They need to give Keef a bigger role in these movies if they want my money

i think you would be hard pressed to find a relationship where someone doesn't get upset and act like a dick and/or break a few things now and then

Johnny may have a quick temper that he needs to get ahold of, but im hardly looking at him as some vile being based on that tape. again i think we all get angry and act irrational at times (some more than others) and far as im concerned she interjected herself into that scene and nagged him while video tapping him hoping to get a reaction on tape.

Edited by -W.A.R-

3 minutes ago, -W.A.R- said:

i think you would be hard pressed to find a relationship where someone doesn't get upset and act like a dick and/or break a few things now and then

That says more about how violent behaviour has been normalised tbh, I get angry and upset but I don't act out because I have self-control and I'm not violent.

7 minutes ago, toroymoi said:

That says more about how violent behaviour has been normalised tbh, I get angry and upset but I don't act out because I have self-control and I'm not violent.

Whatcha mean become normalised, the standard reaction is that was hes done is pretty out of order, become normalised, what you mean as opposed to the good old days when it wasn't? :lol:

20 minutes ago, Len B'stard said:

Whatcha mean become normalised, the standard reaction is that was hes done is pretty out of order, become normalised, what you mean as opposed to the good old days when it wasn't? :lol:

Rational people see that situation for what it is, but from the reaction on the internet and some people irl, the views to be (about the video) that it's completely normal/understandable that when someone gets mad they slam things and throw things. Violence as a whole isn't normalised, but unless they're actually harming someone, a lot of people still seem to think it's not THAT bad.

I'm tired rn, so I'm probably not wording that as well as I want to.

Edited by toroymoi

1 hour ago, JONEZY said:

Well they settled.  She's gonna make a lot of $$$. 

Well if you believe the gossip she walked a way with a little more than $7 Million which includes her lawyer fees.

Considering Depp's net worth was estimated to be $400 million, and California is a community property State so she technically could have gone after half, it is curious she settled for such a a low figure, relatively speaking. Considering it is rumoured Depp is getting $85 Million to be in PoC #5 that is chump change for him...He got of light IMHO.......

She is also going to donate some of the money to charity...so maybe she is not the gold digger some here, not you Jonezy, have portrayed her as.............

http://www.tmz.com/2016/08/16/amber-heard-johnny-depp-settlement-domestic-violence-divorce/ 

Edited by classicrawker

1 hour ago, toroymoi said:

Rational people see that situation for what it is, but from the reaction on the internet and some people irl, the views to be (about the video) that it's completely normal/understandable that when someone gets mad they slam things and throw things. Violence as a whole isn't normalised, but unless they're actually harming someone, a lot of people still seem to think it's not THAT bad.

I'm tired rn, so I'm probably not wording that as well as I want to.

I disagree, i think those that are defending Johnny are in the minority, i mean look at all the write ups, look at all the media, look at all the places its been posted by like, yknow, whatever news publication, they ain't patting him on the back for it.

57 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Well he slammed a few kitchen cupboards in the clip and seemed pissed with her for questioning his drinking. There isn't much context. His footy team may have lost for all I know. Granted it does show he has a temper but it is not exactly the smoking gun.

Not on its own, no, but along with the finger incident as well as the other events that Amber claims she has evidence to support it is all very damaging and indicates that, at minimum, Depp has a habit of this type of behaviour so cannot claim that any one of the is an isolated occurrence. At this stage Depp's lawyers and publicist will simply want this to drop from the media spotlight.

1 hour ago, Len B'stard said:

I disagree, i think those that are defending Johnny are in the minority, i mean look at all the write ups, look at all the media, look at all the places its been posted by like, yknow, whatever news publication, they ain't patting him on the back for it.

I think most people are passive overall, but if you press them then they'll say "yeah, he's a douche but she's a gold-digger". Criticism of him must also come with criticism of her, they won't hold just him responsible.

The media remained largely impartial on this case, if not leaning towards Johnny. Of course once the actual evidence started being released the publications with sense leaned more towards defence of Amber. Though if you looked in their comment sections it was overwhelmingly critical of her. To me, articles don't really tell you much about what 'the people' think, because only one person writes an article.

but if you press them then they'll say "yeah, he's a douche but she's a gold-digger". Criticism of him must also come with criticism of her, they won't hold just him responsible.

See now you're going into the dangerous territory of dictating to people what they should be thinking, maybe they don't he is 'responsible', why can they not feel there is something iffy about both?  With the greatest of respect this doesn't do your argument any good, this is the second time you've done this now and to be honest it paints you as no better than the people blindly supporting ol' Johnathan the Gay Pirate, because it just appears that you seem to be refusing to accept or even entertain the notion of any culpability on Ambers part, remember you are talking about total strangers here in a situation that none of us are privy to all the details of, so why would you be so militant and rigid in your approach unless your opinion on this matter is handicapped by bias?  And for the record I've been more sympathetic towards the girls plight in this issue but you're approach is really really really one sided.

The media remained largely impartial on this case, if not leaning towards Johnny. Of course once the actual evidence started being released the publications with sense leaned more towards defence of Amber.

Right, which is what i was saying.

To me, articles don't really tell you much about what 'the people' think, because only one person writes an article.

Professional journalism reflects a lot more about the times that some mad fangirl or boy who takes the time to go write a lengthy diatribe in defence or to attack whomever.  Journalism reflects the social mores of the time that it is in, you can't write shit of absolutely left field proportions or it wouldn't get published, no newspaper on earth is gonna come out of nowhere attacking Amber for being shouted at, it'd be like supporting the abuse of females, its pretty much a given that domestic abuse is not fucking cool in this day and age, which is what i was getting at when i was saying what are you talking about with this normalisation of domestic violence or violence to females, in fact it's the exact opposite, it's not normal now where it was normal in days gone by.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Len B'stard said:

i want that fuckin' stripey jacket, that looks the bollocks :lol:  Always loved them, those boating looking jobs though thats a little far from one of those.

I used to have loads of them. :lol:

Just popping down for some tiffin at Henley then back home to thrash the Wallah for being impudent.

Community Property is for the time married plus it is net not gross.  He could have really worked up that financial statement to make it look like a lot less than  8 mm. This is the reason for the statement, something to the effect they were not lying about their financial standing. I think she had a lot more on him therefore won. Not sure if she will have to pay taxes on it. Alimony is taxable. If she has to pay taxes could run as high as 32%. After lawyers fee of 1mm then 32% would leave her approx just under 5mm sans state taxes. Not sure if Cali has that. Maybe no taxes on this. I have no idea. 

Also she listed she is giving some away to make her look altruistic   Wishing him the best either wishing him to get better or wishing him to die because he would be better off dead after what he put her through.  Who knows.

She is beautiful and in her prime. She will be ok. Hope this is a wake up call to him and he doesn't continue to spiral out of control. 

Edited by AdriftatSea

Also she wasn't there when he wrote in blood and paint with severed finger on mirror. They were on the phone. She was off making that Danish movie. He had to have taken the photo and sent it to her. So that's how she got it. He's insane. That is mental and psychological abuse. She probably thought he would slice his throat next. He's a real piece of work.