Amber Heard's Video of an Angry Johnny. What do you think?

AdriftatSea

8 hours ago, Len B'stard said:

See now you're going into the dangerous territory of dictating to people what they should be thinking, maybe they don't he is 'responsible', why can they not feel there is something iffy about both?  With the greatest of respect this doesn't do your argument any good, this is the second time you've done this now and to be honest it paints you as no better than the people blindly supporting ol' Johnathan the Gay Pirate, because it just appears that you seem to be refusing to accept or even entertain the notion of any culpability on Ambers part, remember you are talking about total strangers here in a situation that none of us are privy to all the details of, so why would you be so militant and rigid in your approach unless your opinion on this matter is handicapped by bias?  And for the record I've been more sympathetic towards the girls plight in this issue but you're approach is really really really one sided.

I'm not dictating what people should be thinking, I've argued my point in the hopes that people who disagree would come to understand. I never said someone needs to agree directly with everything I'm saying. People are more than welcome to debate about whether or not they think Amber married him just for money etc. but it makes me uncomfortable, and I do have to side-eye when they do it in the same breath that they criticise (or defend) Johnny with. To me, the issue of her motives in marrying him in the first place are separate to the issue of his proven violence. When people associate those two things directly, it can start to seem as though they're trying to discredit her word on the abuse, which is what I mainly take issue with. I've witnessed too many situations where someone isn't believed, or has their reputation besmirched too, because the person they're accusing is seen as more valuable or deserving of trust. When they first got married/together, I actually thought that it was weird and that his status likely influenced her decision... but when the accusations came forth, I put my past thoughts aside and looked at this case free of my previous bias against her.

8 hours ago, Len B'stard said:

Professional journalism reflects a lot more about the times that some mad fangirl or boy who takes the time to go write a lengthy diatribe in defence or to attack whomever.  Journalism reflects the social mores of the time that it is in, you can't write shit of absolutely left field proportions or it wouldn't get published, no newspaper on earth is gonna come out of nowhere attacking Amber for being shouted at, it'd be like supporting the abuse of females, its pretty much a given that domestic abuse is not fucking cool in this day and age, which is what i was getting at when i was saying what are you talking about with this normalisation of domestic violence or violence to females, in fact it's the exact opposite, it's not normal now where it was normal in days gone by.

I understand that journalism reflects the times etc. and I never claimed that any outright attacked her. I don't think domestic violence against women is normalised, just that violence to an extent is (or maybe a better word would be rationalised). Unless something is a bloody and awful mess, it is more likely that people will say "oh, it wasn't that bad..." or "at least nobody was seriously hurt..."; they say these people have "fiery tempers" rather than seeing the predisposition to acting out their anger as a deeper issue. So yeah, maybe not normalised but rationalised to a certain degree.

I'm not dictating what people should be thinking, I've argued my point in the hopes that people who disagree would come to understand. I never said someone needs to agree directly with everything I'm saying. People are more than welcome to debate about whether or not they think Amber married him just for money etc. but it makes me uncomfortable, and I do have to side-eye when they do it in the same breath that they criticise (or defend) Johnny with. To me, the issue of her motives in marrying him in the first place are separate to the issue of his proven violence. When people associate those two things directly, it can start to seem as though they're trying to discredit her word on the abuse, which is what I mainly take issue with. I've witnessed too many situations where someone isn't believed, or has their reputation besmirched too, because the person they're accusing is seen as more valuable or deserving of trust. When they first got married/together, I actually thought that it was weird and that his status likely influenced her decision... but when the accusations came forth, I put my past thoughts aside and looked at this case free of my previous bias against her.

With the greatest of respect you are sort of dictating because what you are essentially saying is that the only right answer in this situation, despite the fact that neither me you or anybody else on the planet knows the right answer to whats gone on here in terms of the entire picture, is that Johnnys wrong and completely at fault and completely the bad guy, that is pretty one sided.  The reasonable tempering of ones assessments, as would be logical in a situation where you are observing a thing through the skewed lens of media, by saying 'yeah he's wrong but we don't know the whole story' appears to be unacceptable to you and you are in a sense insinuating that a great degree of people are a part of this overall problem of being accepting of domestic abuse in the light of certain factors which sway their allegiance, thats simply not fair.

My general thing is i will never ever (or try my best not to) fall onto one side of an argument with this kind of stuff (mostly because i don't care to actually) because I simply don't know.  WHATEVER a given situation is.  This doesn't mean that it's OK to abuse people, it just means that i don't talk about things with such sureity that i don't really know about, i think it's foolish.

I understand that journalism reflects the times etc. and I never claimed that any outright attacked her. I don't think domestic violence against women is normalised, just that violence to an extent is (or maybe a better word would be rationalised). Unless something is a bloody and awful mess, it is more likely that people will say "oh, it wasn't that bad..." or "at least nobody was seriously hurt..."; they say these people have "fiery tempers" rather than seeing the predisposition to acting out their anger as a deeper issue. So yeah, maybe not normalised but rationalised to a certain degree.

Again, you're being really militant in your approach, whats wrong with saying 'at least nobody was seriously hurt?', surely thats an admirable sentiment?  Now I'm sure coming from some that might be a sly way of lessening the gravity of abuse but at the same time i think that is more than likely an admirable sentiment on the part of a great many also.  I mean your whole issue with domestic abuse is to do with how fucked up it is that people get hurt to whatever degree, so why is it not admirable to go 'at least someone wasn't seriously hurt'...now of course you could respond 'domestic abuse IS serious and the psychological ramifications are serious' but at the same time, there's always a degree worse, isn't there?  What on earth could be wrong with those sentiments.  And how does saying someone has a firey temper equate to not seeing a predisposition to act our their anger, surely it's the first step to seeing the deeper issue?  Perhaps they are discussing the issue at hand, perhaps it's an explanation of certain behaviours rather than an excuse for? 

Edited by Len B'stard
  • Like 1

Oh my God whats with the Amber hate?

On 8/14/2016 at 0:08 PM, AdriftatSea said:

You make a very good point Len. And why is it most do not believe her I wonder? This video makes me believe her less. Sure he's being a dick but he's really beating himself up about something, not her. She minimizes real domestic abuse.  He's slamming a few cabinets. If he beat her she wouldn't have kept that video. He would have water boarded that phone and that video would not exist. 

I see what you mean about everyone being sympathetic to him because of the characters he plays and his looks and all yet I think more of it is she seems so transparent. Well that's my take. Now she says she didn't leak the video? Why even say that? She made the video. He would not meet her settlement agreement prior to depositions so of course she released it to intentionally make him look bad. She was using this tape trying to force him to settle and he told her to go stick it.  Which tells me he knows he has a temper but he knows he didn't hit her.  

Ive been in a physically abusive relationship. She's not acting like a woman that has been in one and she's pissing me and a lot of other women off that have. We can tell she is a liar. 

You have no right to make any of those assumptions. I would expect someone who claims to have been abused would have the experience to realize that not everyone acts the same in abuse situations.

You are the reason women are afraid to admit abuse right now.

Edited by Dan H.

Just now, PappyTron said:

In tiny percentages. Men are the victims of domestic abuse as much as women are, but very seldom do they come forward.

I apologize, my 'They do' was meant to agree with your post 'they do need to come forward'.

You are correct, men are astronomically less likely to come forward than women.

1 minute ago, Dan H. said:

I apologize, my 'They do' was meant to agree with your post 'they do need to come forward'.

You are correct, men are astronomically less likely to come forward than women.

I apologise in return; I read it as "they do come forward". :P

Yes, the numbers of men that come forward is incredibly small and, like Daisy says below, it's all based on expected ideals of masculinity and social roles.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, PappyTron said:

Men need to come forward when they have been abused as well.

They would but you usually take their addresses after :lol:

2 minutes ago, PappyTron said:

Yes, the numbers of men that come forward is incredibly small and, like Daisy says below, it's all based on expected ideals of masculinity and social roles.

Mate, if you're a bloke and your missus is doing you over then there's no helping ya I'm afraid :lol:

3 minutes ago, PappyTron said:

Yes, the numbers of men that come forward is incredibly small

Especially once you've barked 'dont move!' at em and held a stanley knife to their throats :D

4 hours ago, Dan H. said:

Oh my God whats with the Amber hate?

You have no right to make any of those assumptions. I would expect someone who claims to have been abused would have the experience to realize that not everyone acts the same in abuse situations.

You are the reason women are afraid to admit abuse right now.

I've said she didn't behave as a battered woman, I didn't say all battered women behaved the same. Big difference. I'll try to explain. She keeps going back and forth about it not being about the money but in the end that's what it was all about. I'll give it a shot. But first in response to your comment to me, I'm a card carrying member of a large group of ppl that has every RIGHT to speak my mind on this subject. 

Let's take a look at her behavior. She started documenting him acting like a fool in 2012 before they married.  Then she married said crazy fool. She continued to document his crazy antics. She has a text message from an alleged bodyguard apologizing on his behalf that was released to TMZ and was never verified. Her phone, doesn't know how it was released. Not verified.  

Hes crazy. Writes messages in his blood and paint on mirrors!  Got that! A month or two after they married.  She waits until his mother dies and files for divorce three days later asking for 50k a month. Much backlash for her. What kind of a gutter snipe does that?  His mother just died. So, four days later after she files for divorce she goes and files a restraining order for her and her dog. Why didn't she file when she filed for divorce? She was so afraid of him she thought he would hurt her dog. Judge only gives her a restraining order. Not the dog  

Now when the police were called for the phone in the face incident the police found no evidence of her being harmed. They were on the witness list to testify to such. She hit herself with that phone. She went to a party after that incident and posted photos on Twitter then deleted them  

Because of the public condemnation and direction of the judge she withdrew her request for spousal support in June. Her reasoning was she thought it was S.O.P. and it took away from the actual issue of Domestic Abuse. Yep, Google the reason, her statement of why she withdrew. It took away from the issue of the real problem of Domestic Abuse.  A lie. Her lawyer would have advised she could have filed for a no fault divorce and ended it if it were not about money. If it were truly about Domestic Violence she would not have dropped the DV charges without Prejudice for 8 mil as she did in the end.  

Now fast forward. She has dropped the charge of Domestic Abuse Without Prejudice meaning she cannot file a restraining order on him again in return for 8 mil. Doesn't sound like she is too afraid of him to me. 

She got her money, she let him off the hook on the DV charges when all along she wanted, no shouted from the roof tops this wasn't about money, this was about bringing Domestic Abuse out in the open. She is a fraud.  

Im not the only one that believes this to be true. Read the many comments out there. 

Forgive typos. No desire to proof read this. It's too long for me to read but I hope I have clearly made my point and you will take the time to read it and that I haven't insulted you as you have me. Hopefully you will understand my line of thought now. 

8 minutes ago, AdriftatSea said:

Hes crazy. Writes messages in his blood and paint on mirrors!  Got that! A month or two after they married.  She waits until his mother dies and files for divorce three days later asking for 50k a month. Much backlash for her. What kind of a gutter snipe does that?  His mother just died. So, four days later after she files for divorce she goes and files a restraining order for her and her dog. Why didn't she file when she filed for divorce? She was so afraid of him she thought he would hurt her dog. Judge only gives her a restraining order. Not the dog 

Maybe she filed for divorce and he hit the roof so she put in for a restraining order...

9 minutes ago, highvoltage said:

It's no wonder victims of domestic violence are afraid to come forward. Shame on the people who are judging Amber from their armchairs. It's sickening.

HV SHE is the reason victims are afraid of filing. Why can't some of you see this?? She dropped the charges. OMG. She sold out. She dropped the charges!!!! I knew she would all along.  This just makes me sick your line of thinking. I've been there. She dropped the charges for money. She didn't stand up for victims. She dropped the charges!!  She said it didn't happen and she isn't afraid of him for money!

Just now, AdriftatSea said:

She said that event happened before she filed for divorce. He wasn't in the same city when she filed the restraining order. 

Quoting this post because I can't be bothered cutting down that mess above. 

To correct a point, she filed before his mother died. It didn't go through until after, but okay.

Also, she's giving all of the money she got to ACLU and Children's Hospital LA. What a gold-digger, rme.

And this makes me think it NEVER HAPPENED. 

I'm so mad. He's just a crazy drunk that hurts himself and breaks his stuff but I will never believe he laid a hand on her. She went into it seeing he was damaged and planning for money. And doing so at the expense of real domestic abuse victims. 

3 minutes ago, toroymoi said:

Quoting this post because I can't be bothered cutting down that mess above. 

To correct a point, she filed before his mother died. It didn't go through until after, but okay.

Also, she's giving all of the money she got to ACLU and Children's Hospital LA. What a gold-digger, rme.

No she isn't giving all the money away. And no. She filed three days after his mother died. 

56 minutes ago, AdriftatSea said:

I've said she didn't behave as a battered woman, I didn't say all battered women behaved the same. Big difference. I'll try to explain. She keeps going back and forth about it not being about the money but in the end that's what it was all about. I'll give it a shot. But first in response to your comment to me, I'm a card carrying member of a large group of ppl that has every RIGHT to speak my mind on this subject. 

Let's take a look at her behavior. She started documenting him acting like a fool in 2012 before they married.  Then she married said crazy fool. She continued to document his crazy antics. She has a text message from an alleged bodyguard apologizing on his behalf that was released to TMZ and was never verified. Her phone, doesn't know how it was released. Not verified.  

They were verified.

http://www.thesuperficial.com/amber-heard-text-messages-johnny-depp-assistant-authenticated-stephen-deuters-06-2016

Edited by Angelica

33 minutes ago, AdriftatSea said:

HV SHE is the reason victims are afraid of filing. Why can't some of you see this?? She dropped the charges. OMG. She sold out. She dropped the charges!!!! I knew she would all along.  This just makes me sick your line of thinking. I've been there. She dropped the charges for money. She didn't stand up for victims. She dropped the charges!!  She said it didn't happen and she isn't afraid of him for money!

She is the reason? No - all the people calling her a "gold digger", or trying to pass judgement on the situation as though they were there are the reason victims are afraid of filing.

Of course you're going to drop the charges and settle early - who in their right mind would you want to go through the court system and dredge up all the emotions they're trying to move on from? You're seriously going to call her a "sell out" for that? She donated the money to a charity for abused women. What a SELLOUT! She totally should have spent years of her life dragging the case through the courts so Johnny could get a slap on the wrist at the end of it. Totally worth it. :rolleyes: 

On top of that... all the people questioning why she would be filming Johnny drunk when he "wasn't even hitting her". Use your brain for 3 seconds - if you're in an abusive relationship, it's completely reasonable to covertly film a situation like that. Is she supposed to wait until he's actually hitting her before pressing "record"? Not to mention, emotional abuse can be just as (if not more) damaging as physical abuse in a relationship. You can't just file for divorce citing abuse without evidence. Some of you guys are completely fucked.

• Like 3