Amber Heard's Video of an Angry Johnny. What do you think?

AdriftatSea

I have no idea. What video? As for who is telling the truth, my position hasn't changed from when this first broke; that those outside of the marriage have no idea what goes on when there are no cameras there and it is entirely possible that she is telling the truth and it is entirely possible that he is telling truth, and that the most likely scenario is that the truth is somewhere in between the two.

17 minutes ago, PappyTron said:

I have no idea. What video? As for who is telling the truth, my position hasn't changed from when this first broke; that those outside of the marriage have no idea what goes on when there are no cameras there and it is entirely possible that she is telling the truth and it is entirely possible that he is telling truth, and that the most likely scenario is that the truth is somewhere in between the two.

Right, I should have posted the video but don't know how to. It's on http://www.tmz.com

firstly i think the most important thing to remember when watching this is that the video was clearly edited, we have no context as to why johnny was in such a foul mood and there could easily exist a situation where we would behave in the same manner if the situation was bad enough.

secondly , as much as he might be behaving destructively , johnny never lays a finger on amber, this is an example at the most for a bad temper but definitely not evidence of abuse.

thirdly this makes amber look even more suspicious, what would cause her to video tape a fight they had. if she truly was in love with this person why would she video tape them in one of their worst states why would she risk the humiliation johnny would feel if someone leaked this video.

• Like 2

This video being released and the reaction to it, proves that a man could be recorded being violent and abusive yet people will still defend him for whatever reason. The video was disgusting, and I hope Amber finds peace when she no longer has to be associated with this asshole.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, PappyTron said:

Depp is a massive try hard.

He does nosh off the ol' pop culture legends a bit hard, doesn't he?  Keith Richards, Hunter, Brando etc

The best is watching how vicious all the little (and other not so little :lol: ) girlies that fancy him get over the suggestion that his bowel movements don't constitute a explosion of scented rose petals coming out of his arse.  Personally I wanna see him go proper Mel Gibson on us :lol:

Edited by Len B'stard
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, AdriftatSea said:

He was behaving badly yet why film him? She had money on her mind. I would have been packing. 

On the flipside, why is that the key issue, surely if he's being the cunt then thats the primary sin here, perhaps she was filming him because otherwise no one'd believe her, I mean people still dont believe her.

Dont get me wrong, I'm not for stitching someone up so you can rinse some money out of them but at the same time I think being abusive to your missus, if in fact he was in a manner above and beyond what the vid illustrates, is the greater sin.

Goes to show the power of cinema, a bunch of people (not meaning you Adrift) watch Edward Sisscorhands and a few interviews where a fella comes off like a sensitive soul and it immediately places a bias in the minds of people.

I actually really like Johnny Depp as an actor, i think hes put in some really decent shifts in front of the camera...but i dont care how good an actor you are, Laurence Olivier, Marlon Brando, whoever, you ain't suddenly infallible.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, AdriftatSea said:

He was behaving badly yet why film him? She had money on her mind. I would have been packing. 

When someone hurts you badly, especially if it's psychological/emotional/physical abuse, it's awfully appealing to not want to see them prosper. If a man hit me and abused me in other ways, then if I had to see him be praised as this amazing person (which is only heightened because he's famous), that can continue the psychological damage. You're not instantly healed because you get away.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, toroymoi said:

When someone hurts you badly, especially if it's psychological/emotional/physical abuse, it's awfully appealing to not want to see them prosper. If a man hit me and abused me in other ways, then if I had to see him be praised as this amazing person (which is only heightened because he's famous), that can continue the psychological damage. You're not instantly healed because you get away.

So you think he should pay financially? And that will make things better. I think this video was taken before they were married. Why marry someone that gets that upset?

Only one of them has been arrested for domestic abuse and it wasn't him. There is something wrong with her. 

1 hour ago, Len B'stard said:

On the flipside, why is that the key issue, surely if he's being the cunt then thats the primary sin here, perhaps she was filming him because otherwise no one'd believe her, I mean people still dont believe her.

Dont get me wrong, I'm not for stitching someone up so you can rinse some money out of them but at the same time I think being abusive to your missus, if in fact he was in a manner above and beyond what the vid illustrates, is the greater sin.

Goes to show the power of cinema, a bunch of people (not meaning you Adrift) watch Edward Sisscorhands and a few interviews where a fella comes off like a sensitive soul and it immediately places a bias in the minds of people.

I actually really like Johnny Depp as an actor, i think hes put in some really decent shifts in front of the camera...but i dont care how good an actor you are, Laurence Olivier, Marlon Brando, whoever, you ain't suddenly infallible.

You make a very good point Len. And why is it most do not believe her I wonder? This video makes me believe her less. Sure he's being a dick but he's really beating himself up about something, not her. She minimizes real domestic abuse.  He's slamming a few cabinets. If he beat her she wouldn't have kept that video. He would have water boarded that phone and that video would not exist. 

I see what you mean about everyone being sympathetic to him because of the characters he plays and his looks and all yet I think more of it is she seems so transparent. Well that's my take. Now she says she didn't leak the video? Why even say that? She made the video. He would not meet her settlement agreement prior to depositions so of course she released it to intentionally make him look bad. She was using this tape trying to force him to settle and he told her to go stick it.  Which tells me he knows he has a temper but he knows he didn't hit her.  

Ive been in a physically abusive relationship. She's not acting like a woman that has been in one and she's pissing me and a lot of other women off that have. We can tell she is a liar. 

2 minutes ago, AdriftatSea said:

So you think he should pay financially? And that will make things better. I think this video was taken before they were married. Why marry someone that gets that upset?

Only one of them has been arrested for domestic abuse and it wasn't him. There is something wrong with her. 

Because she was in love, people get into a really weird place when they feel deeply for someone. It can make you try and rationalise the most destructive of behaviours.

And yes, if you abuse someone you deserve to pay in multiple ways... there's no excuse for it. None. It's the least that could be done.

And you must forget that he's been arrested for violence before too. You're also ignoring that his behavioural issues have been noted throughout his entire career (incl. violence and destruction of property). You're ignoring a lot to try and justify your blind defence of Johnny.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AdriftatSea said:

Ive been in a physically abusive relationship. She's not acting like a woman that has been in one and she's pissing me and a lot of other women off that have. We can tell she is a liar. 

There's no 'one way' to act if someone's been in an abusive relationship, this is a disgusting comment. I'm sorry for what you went through, but it seems you're laying anger you have onto her because she's not approaching this in a way you find personally acceptable. You can't dictate to a victim how they should act, not even if you are one yourself/have been at one point in time.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, toroymoi said:

There's no 'one way' to act if someone's been in an abusive relationship, this is a disgusting comment. I'm sorry for what you went through, but it seems you're laying anger you have onto her because she's not approaching this in a way you find personally acceptable. You can't dictate to a victim how they should act, not even if you are one yourself/have been at one point in time.

I think she is a scammer and she is presenting herself as one. She isn't presenting as a battered woman. Each step of the way she is about money. Look at Katie Holmes. Now she was probably mentally abused. She just walked. This woman is doing everything in her power to harm him. SHE is the abuser!

It's unfortunate you find my comment disgusting. There are some women that will intentionally try to ruin a man's life for attention and money. Remember the La Crosse players? 

Edit:. Tiny robot is that you? ?

Edited by AdriftatSea

10 hours ago, toroymoi said:

This video being released and the reaction to it, proves that a man could be recorded being violent and abusive yet people will still defend him for whatever reason. The video was disgusting, and I hope Amber finds peace when she no longer has to be associated with this asshole.

^^^^ this

I find it curious people are defending Depp because he did not physically strike her...As Toroymoi pointed out there are different types of abuse and if Depp made a habit of throwing tantrums it is psychological abuse which is not acceptable.

As far as her doing a video of the incident I don't blame her as it sounds like Depp had a habit of this type of abuse and she needed some record to prove his abuse. Based on all of Depp's contemporaries defending him it sounds like she did the smart thing.

I don't care how big of a cunt Amber was being Depp's behaviour is unacceptible. He should have walked away instead of throwing stuff....Now he has to pay................

I have no dog int his fight and I happen to like some of Depp's movies although the stuff he has put out lately has been hard to watch...........

Edited by classicrawker
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, classicrawker said:

I find it curious people are defending Depp because he did not physically strike her...As Toroymoi pointed out there are different types of abuse and if Depp made a habit of throwing tantrums it is psychological abuse which is not acceptable.

As far as her doing a video of the incident I don't blame her as it sounds like Depp had a habit of this type of abuse and she needed some record to prove his abuse. Based on all of Depp's contemporaries defending him it sounds like she did the smart thing.

I don't care how big of a cunt Amber was being Depp's behaviour is unacceptible. He should have walked away instead of throwing stuff.

Now you make a point I can understand. I didn't see that Toroymoi or tiny robot was making that point because she just came off as extremely rude to me rather than trying to have a discussion.  

I agree though he should walk away. That sort of tantrum is unacceptable. I don't understand her releasing this to the public. Why is she doing this? I understand releasing it to the judge however all of this can be sealed.  

Divorce law interests me. This just doesn't make since what she is doing. 

18 minutes ago, AdriftatSea said:

I think she is a scammer and she is presenting herself as one. She isn't presenting as a battered woman. Each step of the way she is about money. Look at Katie Holmes. Now she was probably mentally abused. She just walked. This woman is doing everything in her power to harm him. SHE is the abuser!

It's unfortunate you find my comment disgusting. There are some women that will intentionally try to ruin a man's life for attention and money. Remember the La Crosse players? 

Edit:. Tiny robot is that you? ?

What you think isn't what this case is about though. You can think she's a snake or whatever, that still doesn't excuse his behaviour. Again, I have no idea what you mean by "she isn't presenting herself as a battered woman", I didn't realise there was a specified way in which someone needs to present themselves for their story to be believed. Your entire argument against her is based upon your assumptions about her character, and not fact. You bringing up Katie Holmes once again keeps showing that you think there's one way to act; THERE'S NOT. Every person is an individual and will act/react differently. It's not a difficult concept.

There are women that will do that, sure. There are men and women who will do that. There's men that hit women, there's women that hit men and so on and so forth. You bringing that up is attempting to subvert the narrative of this story, you've already decided that Amber's a gold-digging harlot no matter what. So no amount of evidence to the contrary will ever convince you, and that's the worst mindset to have.

Abuse and it's effects aren't straight-forward.