Green Day

Słash

• 2 months later...
32 minutes ago, Fansince88 said:

Hope you enjoyed the concert.  I'm seeing them in August (2 weeks after GNR) ?? I will be so poor that month. 

They were really really good, I am so mangled from the crazy pit and I am deaf as a post.

There was a really sweet moment when they asked who wanted to play Billie Joe's guitar he picked a disabled girl and everyone around me had tears in their eyes. 

You will love the show, they're on top form :) 

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

There was a really sweet moment when they asked who wanted to play Billie Joe's guitar he picked a disabled girl and everyone around me had tears in their eyes. 

You will love the show, they're on top form :) 

awww that is so sweet! glad you had fun :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

Is that Jason White in the background? He was considered a fulltime member for the Uno, Dos, and Tre albums, right? Anyone know why he was demoted back down to being just a touring member for this new album cycle?

It's not very clear what happened there. There's been lots of debate within the Green Day fan base as to whether he was ever an official member and if he was why he isn't now :shrugs:

When Billie Joe introduced the band last night he just said he had been with them since 1999 and then he introduced the other guitarist/singer they have and Jason Freese on keyboards. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On February 10, 2017 at 0:41 AM, rocknroll41 said:

Is that Jason White in the background? He was considered a fulltime member for the Uno, Dos, and Tre albums, right? Anyone know why he was demoted back down to being just a touring member for this new album cycle?

Yeah they made him an "official Member" of the band, but still they din't make him a "Partner". 

The legal partners were always Billie, Tre and Mike even during the Trio Albums. 

I guess when they made this new album, they thought to promote it they will promote it as a "trio" and thats what happened and Jason din't mind. 

Green Day are my 2nd favorite band besides GNR. I've met them numerous times and seen them over 30 times since 94. I am going to the Pittsburgh show as well as Wrigley Field. I know they can't please everyone but the setlist based on opening night could use some work, IMO. 

16 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

This band has left a bad taste in my mouth since canceling there Voodoo fest appearance in 2012 because of BJA entering rehab and never coming back anywhere remotely close to New Orleans since, even though they've done full tours across the south since then  

You'd do realize they don't pick the cities they play in right? That's the job of management and their booking agent. N.O. is a big market. I'm sure they'll be back eventually.