Biggest/Best Crowd on the tour so far?

Hey guys. I've been following the NITL tour and have of course been enjoying it immensely. But I have a question. Which of the shows had the biggest attendance so far (estimating of course). And in your opinion which crowd was the best/loudest so far (if you can measure that at all)? I know this is not really important, but I'm just curious what you guys think about that.

Although it didn't have the best attendance, Axl himself said the crowd in Pittsburgh  was the loudest he ever heard anywhere on kohd. 2 nights later he even told the philly crowd how loud Pittsburgh was. MetLife night 1 was sold out, not sure about concerts, but for football it holds around 82,000

• Like 2

3 hours ago, mikeman5150 said:

Although it didn't have the best attendance, Axl himself said the crowd in Pittsburgh  was the loudest he ever heard anywhere on kohd. 2 nights later he even told the philly crowd how loud Pittsburgh was. MetLife night 1 was sold out, not sure about concerts, but for football it holds around 82,000

I agree, Pittsburgh was the loudest crowd I have heard on this tour. This show sold around 40,000 tickets and It sounds like there was many more than that In attendance.

• Like 2

On August 14, 2016 at 4:08 PM, Tiffani said:

Yes, it WAS packed. I was in attendance. 

Axl has the most incredible stage presence doesn't he? So funny when he said, "Thanks for stopping by" too! :lol: Also funny when he stopped for the broken piano key, the way he did it. He was calm. Twenty years ago he would have thrown the piano bench in the crowd and walked off stage I read in one article. I don't know about that. You certainly could see his sense of humor shining. We were on the 10th row from the stage. Was fantastic!

Edited by AdriftatSea

38 minutes ago, rockphantom said:

AT&T Stadium in Arlington, TX was jam packed full of fans.

I'd say there were over 70,000 people at the local GNR show.

I was there and it was amazing. I read an article that said 60,000. That seems correct . 

image.jpeg

• Like 2

On 8/14/2016 at 4:08 PM, Tiffani said:

Yes, it WAS packed. I was in attendance. 

I was there also, great crowd. From the 3:30 mark of this video the person filming pans around the stadium and you can see how packed it is.

On August 15, 2016 at 8:54 PM, ironmt said:

I agree, Pittsburgh was the loudest crowd I have heard on this tour. This show sold around 40,000 tickets and It sounds like there was many more than that In attendance.

I was at both Detroit and Pittsburgh.  There may have been more in attendance at Detroit but Pittsbugh was definitely louder and it is an open air stadium as opposed to the dome at Ford Field.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, southsiderwp said:

I was at both Detroit and Pittsburgh.  There may have been more in attendance at Detroit but Pittsbugh was definitely louder and it is an open air stadium as opposed to the dome at Ford Field.

Good to hear you were able to attend both shows. Being from Pittsburgh myself It was nice to see the city show It's appreciation of the band. I attended the show In L.A. on Friday night and the crowd was dreadful.

49 minutes ago, ironmt said:

Good to hear you were able to attend both shows. Being from Pittsburgh myself It was nice to see the city show It's appreciation of the band. I attended the show In L.A. on Friday night and the crowd was dreadful.

Yeah periscopes of Fridays LA show showed a lot of sitting people aka statues cause they hardly moved! Now SF may have only had 40,000 people but everywhere I looked everyone was standing for the entire almost 3 hr show! Dancing, swaying, singing...awesome crowd! Glad I was a part of it and so damn thankful I was surrounded by standing hard core fans even in the seats! :D

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, marlingrl03 said:

Yeah periscopes of Fridays LA show showed a lot of sitting people aka statues cause they hardly moved! Now SF may have only had 40,000 people but everywhere I looked everyone was standing for the entire almost 3 hr show! Dancing, swaying, singing...awesome crowd! Glad I was a part of it and so damn thankful I was surrounded by standing hard core fans even in the seats! :D

I hear you. It certainly makes for a better environment when people are up and moving. I am sure the band appreciates It and most likely feeds off of the energy of the crowd but as I mentioned before, there was no energy to feed off of Friday night and It was evident In the streams as you mentioned above. The majority of the U.S. crowds are beyond pathetic. I can't wait to see the reaction the band gets when they arrive In South America.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Original said:

When does Pollstar or Billboard or whoever release summer concert stats?

4 hours ago, scooby845 said:

its about time

Pretty sure they report them as soon as they get them from the promoter....which in this case would be Live Nation.