Super Bowl?

A lot of people and fans are wary of a gnr super bowl show bc of the lip syncing, short set, and Axl. 

I think it's brilliant if they get to do a truly live set. Even better would be if Axl/DC joins and Axl is putting on an incredible two part performance. 

I just don't see this working out for the NFL or guns n roses. They tried to get Adele, but obviously that didn't work so who knows what they will do.

I wouldn't put my money on gnr though. The Aussie tour is set to start around the 10th so that would be 5 days before that...it would be cutting it close to a tour on the other side of the world 

18 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

A lot of people and fans are wary of a gnr super bowl show bc of the lip syncing, short set, and Axl. 

I think it's brilliant if they get to do a truly live set. Even better would be if Axl/DC joins and Axl is putting on an incredible two part performance. 

I just don't see this working out for the NFL or guns n roses. They tried to get Adele, but obviously that didn't work so who knows what they will do.

I wouldn't put my money on gnr though. The Aussie tour is set to start around the 10th so that would be 5 days before that...it would be cutting it close to a tour on the other side of the world 

The schedule wouldn't stop them from doing it. Five days is enough time to cross the Pacific. If it's a shortened set, they probably won't need all the equipment.

I think the other reasons — lip synching, short set — are better ones for why it won't happen.

I think it's more likely they come on stage and join the main act. Imagine GNR doing a rap/rocky mash-up with someone like Eminem? I think that's the best-case scenario for GNR in the Super Bowl.

27 minutes ago, 3rd Wheel said:

Maybe in 2002 with the braids and stuff haha but I think they are trying to revive their rock image right now so this won't work 

edit: tried to quote the part about a rap mashup with Eminem...I messed up haha

Edited by IncitingChaos

I'm pretty sure it won't happen. The NFL demands that the Super Bowl halftime acts pre-record their set and then mime to that pre-recorded track. After the big controversy of the Chili Peppers not being plugged in, Flea released a statement that they fought tooth and nail to play live but the NFL wouldn't let them do it. I would hope GN'R would keep their integrity and tell the NFL to stuff it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

As of now Adele is being looked at for the next Half Time Show. 

She said she declined-  ""I mean, come on, that show is not about music. And I don't really put on… I don't dance or anything like that..."

http://www.msn.com/en-us/music/news/that-show-is-not-about-music-adele-says-she-turned-down-the-2017-super-bowl-half-time-show/ar-BBvCyS9?ocid=SL5IDHP

1 hour ago, LikeADog93 said:

I'm pretty sure it won't happen. The NFL demands that the Super Bowl halftime acts pre-record their set and then mime to that pre-recorded track. After the big controversy of the Chili Peppers not being plugged in, Flea released a statement that they fought tooth and nail to play live but the NFL wouldn't let them do it. I would hope GN'R would keep their integrity and tell the NFL to stuff it.

They didn't mandate it until recently. I'm pretty sure Fergie's vocals were live on SCOM and Slash's guitar was plugged in in 2011, but yea they know they won't get gnr unless everything is plugged in. 

47 minutes ago, Original said:

She said she declined-  ""I mean, come on, that show is not about music. And I don't really put on… I don't dance or anything like that..."

http://www.msn.com/en-us/music/news/that-show-is-not-about-music-adele-says-she-turned-down-the-2017-super-bowl-half-time-show/ar-BBvCyS9?ocid=SL5IDHP

Ah, ok. I would've been fine with her personally but I can see why she wouldn't wanna do it and others would be pissed.

In that case, sure FULL SPEED AHEAD FOR GNR!

3 hours ago, RussTCB said:

As of now Adele is being looked at for the next Half Time Show. 

Not anymore.

"The NFL and Pepsi are big fans of Adele. We have had conversations with several artists about the Pepsi Super Bowl Halftime Show. However, we have not at this point extended a formal offer to Adele or anyone else. We are focused on putting together a fantastic show for Houston and we look forward to revealing that in good time."

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/pop/7469585/nfl-pepsi-adele-super-bowl-halftime-show-offer

Jungle Sweet Child Paradise City

16 minutes ago, Silent Jay said:

Not anymore.

"The NFL and Pepsi are big fans of Adele. We have had conversations with several artists about the Pepsi Super Bowl Halftime Show. However, we have not at this point extended a formal offer to Adele or anyone else. We are focused on putting together a fantastic show for Houston and we look forward to revealing that in good time."

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/pop/7469585/nfl-pepsi-adele-super-bowl-halftime-show-offer

Jungle Sweet Child Paradise City

This along with the info from @Originalmakes me at least somewhat hopeful for GNR 

Adele was just asked to play the Super Bowl. Thankfully she declined but the fact she was asked shows you were the mindset of the NFL is. Guns N' Roses are NOT playing the Super Bowl. Neither is any other AMERICAN rock band. The NFL has no interest in that. If I was a betting man I'd put my money on Taylor Swift.  People who think there is a genuine chance GnR gets the call for Super Bowl are living in a fucking dream land.  And some of the song suggestions are fucking hilarious. I mean seriously, Don't Cry? :lol:

Edited by Bono
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Bono said:

Adele was just asked to play the Super Bowl. Thankfully she declined but the fact she was asked shows you were the mindset of the NFL is. Guns N' Roses are NOT playing the Super Bowl. Neither is any other AMERICAN rock band. The NFL has no interest in that. If I was a betting man I'd put my money on Taylor Swift.  People who think there is a genuine chance GnR gets the call for Super Bowl are living in a fucking dream land.  And some of the song suggestions are fucking hilarious. I mean seriously, Don't Cry? :lol:

Aerosmith did years ago: 

SO sad :(

3 hours ago, Bono said:

If I was a betting man I'd put my money on Taylor Swift.

I think I'd lean towards GaGa at this point. Some leaked production notes suggest that she's opening the VMAs this year with a new single. The Super Bowl would fit in perfectly with a promotional schedule to work her latest album.