Super Bowl?

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

Is it an American tradition to speculate on the superbowl show? I find it perplexing, the interest levels in this event! Also, we seem to see this conversation, pertaining to GN'R, every year and nothing ever happens.

Yes it is.  Maybe you could put your ethnocentrism aside for a moment and realize it is the most watched annual sporting event in the US.

GnR will never play the Super Bowl, this conversation is silly in that respect.

1 hour ago, tsinindy said:

Yes it is.  Maybe you could put your ethnocentrism aside for a moment and realize it is the most watched annual sporting event in the US.

GnR will never play the Super Bowl, this conversation is silly in that respect.

'Sporting event', not music event. Well I do not claim to understand the obsession, not so much with the event itself but the speculation on who will play it.

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

'Sporting event', not music event. Well I do not claim to understand the obsession, not so much with the event itself but the speculation on who will play it.

I already answered your question, you failed to read it.   Or, you're just being cute.  People are curious about everything about it bc a lot of people watch it, thus they are curious about it.   Just like the new Star Wars movie or whatever else is popular in pop culture at the moment.  

21 hours ago, Original said:

She said she declined-  ""I mean, come on, that show is not about music. And I don't really put on… I don't dance or anything like that..."

http://www.msn.com/en-us/music/news/that-show-is-not-about-music-adele-says-she-turned-down-the-2017-super-bowl-half-time-show/ar-BBvCyS9?ocid=SL5IDHP

This is exactly why you won't (or shouldn't) be seeing Gn'R anywhere near the Pepsi Superbowel Halftime Show™. I mean, I guess Axl could brush up on his lip-syncing skills . And Melissa...well she seems pretty hip so she could probably teach Slash how to do The Dab and then maybe he can Hit the Quan. Duff, he looks pretty athletic so it wouldn't be hard for him to bus' it ...probably he should receive the most camera time. Then change the video screen from skeletons having sex to something inoffensive like pokemon and it just MIGHT make it on air. Ready for the new family-friendly Gn'R?? 

Me neither.

• Like 1

I could see them playing the Super Bowl.. It would be fucking huge.. Jungle is played in tons of NFL stadiums during games. They would have to play big songs though and I wouldn't particularly want the world to hear Axl's voice on Sweet Child and PC.. They would rip the roof off the place with Jungle though. I think Nightrain/LALD/Jungle would drop some jaws.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, tsinindy said:

I already answered your question, you failed to read it.   Or, you're just being cute.  People are curious about everything about it bc a lot of people watch it, thus they are curious about it.   Just like the new Star Wars movie or whatever else is popular in pop culture at the moment.  

Alright alright - cultural difference I suppose. I personally couldn't give two shits about them playing a sporting event.

2 hours ago, Juliette said:

If Aerosmith:wacko: did it, then we have a chance to see GNR there. I hope so :headbang:

Aerosmith did it but they also had NSYNC and Britney Spears which were the big hits at the time, otherwise it would have been very boring. Do you see GNR sharing the stage with, for example, Taylor Swift? Because I don't. Not in this lifetime.

12 minutes ago, Jane M. said:

Aerosmith did it but they also had NSYNC and Britney Spears which were the big hits at the time, otherwise it would have been very boring. Do you see GNR sharing the stage with, for example, Taylor Swift? Because I don't. Not in this lifetime.

Not every rock band shares the stage... I hardly even watch the half time shows but I know The Stones and The Who didn't share the stage with anyone. Guns wouldn't have to either.

On a side note, as huge Aerosmith fan I am still embarrassed by their Super Bowl appearance :/

57 minutes ago, Jane M. said:

Yeah, why not? Superbowl is the most important event of the year (or one of the most).  Axl joined an event with GNR few years ago with pole dancers semi-naked -dancing around- in Las Vegas, this event is way more important. :lol:

Edited by Juliette

5 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

I could see them playing the Super Bowl.. It would be fucking huge.. Jungle is played in tons of NFL stadiums during games. They would have to play big songs though and I wouldn't particularly want the world to hear Axl's voice on Sweet Child and PC.. They would rip the roof off the place with Jungle though. I think Nightrain/LALD/Jungle would drop some jaws.

That set would be amazing. Especially when Axl hits the "AND IM READY TO CRASH AND BURRRERRRRNNNN" 

but yea lets just put SCOM and PC aside....one has already been played at halftime and the other isn't Nightrain 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Chris 55 said:

Aerosmith did years ago: 

SO sad :(

So did Bruce Sprinsteen, Tom Petty and Prince. What year is it though and who have they asked the last 5 years? Who did they ask this year? That tells you how long a shot it is to have a rock band play the Super Bowl. 

1 hour ago, IncitingChaos said:

That set would be amazing. Especially when Axl hits the "AND IM READY TO CRASH AND BURRRERRRRNNNN" 

but yea lets just put SCOM and PC aside....one has already been played at halftime and the other isn't Nightrain 

Hahaha you're just gonna toss GnR's classic closer to the side because....... Hate to break it to everyone but if they happen to play it's gonne be Jungle, SCOM and PC. No ifs ands or buts

37 minutes ago, Bono said:

So did Bruce Sprinsteen, Tom Petty and Prince. What year is it though and who have they asked the last 5 years? Who did they ask this year? That tells you how long a shot it is to have a rock band play the Super Bowl. 

Hahaha you're just gonna toss GnR's classic closer to the side because....... Hate to break it to everyone but if they happen to play it's gonne be Jungle, SCOM and PC. No ifs ands or buts

Axl better bring the rasp in this hypothetical situation then bc he will get 2002 VMA'd all over again if his recent performances of either song is what we get 

8 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

Axl better bring the rasp in this hypothetical situation then bc he will get 2002 VMA'd all over again if his recent performances of either song is what we get 

The superbowl performances are pre-recorded. He'd sound good hypothetically, but it wouldn't really be live, and I don't see GNR going for the 'miming' thing or the NFL backing down from it so there's no reason to worry about a half-time show anyway :lol:

3 hours ago, Bono said:

I feel like with the way things are going, it'll be some signer who got famous off Instagram or something