Rolling Stones in Mono

Zint

I love the Stones but that is a little too rich for me...Looks like a great box set and if I had the spare cash I would love to  invest in it just to compare the sound to my  original mono pressings of most of the albums from the 60's  but for now would have to pass.

There is a seller on e-bay who sells really good quality original pressings of classic 60's albums and he seems to specialize in the Stones and Beatles...he is not cheap but his grading is conservative and I have never gotten a bad album from him.

Now that I have all the Stones albums I am going to start a Beatles collection from him I think.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/wilsons-music/m.html?item=371072500904&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

What caught my attention about this release was how cool the Beatles mono collection is. I bought both Beatles stereo and mono collections on cd and I was surprised how often I preferred some of the mono mixes.

It was quite a revelation.

I'm not interested in the vinyl aspect of this, but I'll wait it out for the cd collection price drop (a mistake I made with the Beatles sets, lol), it's a worthy add to the collection imo.

I can wait for the right price though.

2 hours ago, Zint said:

What caught my attention about this release was how cool the Beatles mono collection is. I bought both Beatles stereo and mono collections on cd and I was surprised how often I preferred some of the mono mixes.

I'm not interested in the vinyl aspect of this, but I'll wait it out for the cd collection price drop (a mistake I made with the Beatles sets, lol), it's a worthy add to the collection imo.

Yeah you turned me onto the mono mixes and i don't listen to nothing else now. 

• Like 1

On 8/16/2016 at 4:29 PM, Zint said:

Amazon Prime Day or Black Friday, usually Superdeluxeedition posts the deep discounts for box sets (they'll post the best price, it might be Amazon Italy or Amazon France where the best deal's at) . They should have made Stray Cats 2 CDs and included some of the Metamorphosis cuts. At 150 US, it'll probably drop below 100. Hopefully there will be a bunch of ABKCO era deluxe editions to come but as far as I know, Mick and Keith have no involvement or interest in promoting any of it, even though the entire catalog is all under Universal. 

Not great timing for the people who were going to put 700 dollars down for that mammoth Pink Floyd box set, but once that comes out, the fans are going to put all the "exclusive to the box set" out there,  post the videos on You Tube, but Pink Floyd will probably have a fair amount of it up on their official pages.  

• 1 month later...