The Official SOCCER Thread 2016/2017

PappyTron

44 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Well that don't say a lot for me, I wear Arsenal shirts all over the gaff :lol:  As far as plebian, fuck, the plebians of our society can't afford a fuckin' football ticket the way they're priced.  

If you look at their flags it is all lower league/non-league sides. These are your true pasty faced EDL card carrying Englishmen. Your Arsenals and Man Us are more middle class and global brands. Prawn sandwich clubs.

As I've said before, I dislike football but if I did like football I'd support a non-league side.

Coventry are trying to become a non league team. I played for a non league team. Maybe that's the attraction. Fans talk about it as a badge of honor but really the main difference is you don't get paid and the changing rooms are life threatening. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Powerage5 said:

Pogba is in the wrong profession, he needs to transfer to UFC. That fucking chokehold today - it's a miracle he made it through that match without even a yellow card. 

The one in the penalty box on the corner? I know, outrageous!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, wasted said:

Even they have a donkey like Giroud. All they need is some who run and cross the ball now. 

Oi oi, less of the donkey please, 14 goals in 18 games aint to be sneezed at.  Crackin' barnet n all!

Edited by Len Cnut

14 minutes ago, wasted said:

I don't what would be wrong with Giroud and Sanchez up front. They aren't doing bad anyway. Top 6. He's a donkey though. He misses some sitters but then scores a worldy. 

The amount of zipped across the face of goal sitters hes missed just in the last three games is astounding.

20 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

The amount of zipped across the face of goal sitters hes missed just in the last three games is astounding.

Sort of like Kane he needs 8 chances to score. 

But still he's another option. Like Utd I don't understand having Martial wide left. Why not up front with Zlatan? If you just play the big man up front, he's just an out. But really you want options of going wide or in behind. 

Like Vardy/Kane for England seems no brainer. Kane can hobble around holding up the ball and Vardy can cause havoc and link up. It's not brain science. Both have goals in them. But they insiste on this 451 bollocks. 

Edited by wasted

24 minutes ago, wasted said:

Sort of like Kane he needs 8 chances to score. 

But still he's another option. Like Utd I don't understand having Martial wide left. Why not up front with Zlatan? If you just play the big man up front, he's just an out. But really you want options of going wide or in behind. 

Like Vardy/Kane for England seems no brainer. Kane can hobble around holding up the ball and Vardy can cause havoc and link up. It's not brain science. Both have goals in them. But they insiste on this 451 bollocks. 

Same stupid reason Arsenal put Sanchez on the wing.  Fact is on an international level Kane is shite and Vardy is worse than shite.  Never liked or rated Vardy or wanted him for Arsenal and his performance this season has shown why, the mans a wanker.  

28 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Same stupid reason Arsenal put Sanchez on the wing.  Fact is on an international level Kane is shite and Vardy is worse than shite.  Never liked or rated Vardy or wanted him for Arsenal and his performance this season has shown why, the mans a wanker.  

Still they score in the Prem and that's all we got. Kane looks shit in the Prem. Like Lukaku looks shit but once they get moving the are powerful and can finish. 

It's like managers are trying to find the hardest way to score. Like City are trying to work it down wings and play sterling into the left hand touch line. Maybe he can curl it in. Why not just play Aguero straight in. But they got done by the pace of Mirallas up front and Lukaku. With Barkley playing them in. Simple. 

Also Stones is shit at defending and Bravo isn't a goalkeeper. 

But if you playing for England you are shit. That's a problem. 

55 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Cfr6lrcWIAAD189.jpg

45 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Steptoe & Son Rides Again - 1973

Thanks for reminding me, I'll have to tell my parent that grew up with that about this.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/jimmy-savile/9616121/Jimmy-Savile-Steptoe-and-Son-actor-Wilfrid-Brambell-abused-boys-in-Jersey-claims-whistleblower.html

7 hours ago, AtariLegend said:

Wilf' was gay but there is zero evidence of any of the rest.  

I think everybody was a nonce between the Iron Age and  circa the beginning of the '90s - the '70s and '80s was the high water mark of noncing. I've literally resigned myself to the fact that there is probably not a person I've admired from the past whose name will remain free from backdated nonce offenses.

5 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I think everybody was a nonce between the Iron Age and  circa the beginning of the '90s - the '70s and '80s was the high water mark of noncing. I've literally resigned myself to the fact that there is probably not a person I've admired from the past whose name will remain free from backdated nonce offenses.

A lot of it has to do with the criminalising of homosexuality.  For example, you couldnt be an iron back in the day right?  So for those not lucky enough to be able to sort themselves out some sort of clandestine homosexual relationship they had to go for like, rent boys and that who in those days were often young underage runaways.  That job just didnt go to grown men in those days, I'd imagine you'd have to be pretty hard up to fuckin take that job on in them days.  I dont mean to say they were 8 yr olds or something but boys in their teens.

Or else your richer jet setty types went to Hong Kong or Tangiers etc where theres even more chance that the boys would be underage.