The Official SOCCER Thread 2016/2017

PappyTron

I'm not really in favour of relying on fuckeries from the opposition for your breaks but it couldn't've been a better afternoon for my lot.  How the fuck did Liverpool lose to Swansea, it was nil nil at half time last time i checked.  And Tottenham well...aha!  Wanted City to win that just to see Tottenham fuckin' lose but a draw i suppose works out even better...only better result could've been a 0-0 draw.  I suppose you can't have everything!

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/2689429/arsenal-boss-arsene-wenger-faces-four-match-ban-after-calling-ref-jon-moss-a-fing-cheat-and-shoving-fourth-official-anthony-taylor/

Wenger done a Tony Adams!  Quite literally, 'fucking cheat!' is an exact quote from that time they mic'ed up the refs and none of the Arsenal players knew and they were caught on tape screaming obcenities at the ref :lol:

I thought he got a 6 week ban. not that he does much on the touchline other than hug his knees if they go one down. What's the tactical change bring on Giroud? He should watch the games on the tv like me. Text them his comments: more intensity, pass it around more. 

20 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

I hope Wenger stays.  For as long as possible.

Garuanteed Champs league isn't bad. But as soon as he leaves anything could happen. Look at utd, they have Chelseas manager. Arsenal could end up with Capello. 

2 minutes ago, wasted said:

Garuanteed Champs league isn't bad. But as soon as he leaves anything could happen. Look at utd, they have Chelseas manager. Arsenal could end up with Capello. 

We're getting better man, 2nd last season and second now, with more than a few games to go. I still dont think we'll do it but you never know.  You'll have to excuse me, I believe in miracles, Anfield 89 is possibly my earliest footballing memory.

2 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

We're getting better man, 2nd last season and second now, with more than a few games to go. I still dont think we'll do it but you never know.  You'll have to excuse me, I believe in miracles, Anfield 89 is possibly my earliest footballing memory.

Is that that Michael Thomas goal? 

I think I've thought Arsenal would win it for the last 3 seasons. Like Liverpool they look good some weeks the next the players just don't look interested and there's no real leader to get them going. Depends if Chelsea lose it. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, wasted said:

Is that that Michael Thomas goal? 

I think I've thought Arsenal would win it for the last 3 seasons. Like Liverpool they look good some weeks the next the players just don't look interested and there's no real leader to get them going. Depends if Chelsea lose it. 

It will require a collossal capitulation by Chelsea which does not appear to be forthcoming.  If we continue winning and so do Chelsea at the end of the season it will be a case of same old same old from Arsenal, bottling easy matches.

We've been something of a second half team lately, dunno why but they step out jus gently stroking the ball about, its weird.  Especially on games like Burnley last week, with all the people above dropping points and a relatively soft fixture like Burnley you'd think they'd come out and really go for it.  Probably something to do with Wengers pre-match team talk, waffling on about 'just express yourself' :lol:

They seem to go 1-0 down a lot. I don't think he's much of a man manager. I doubt he's firing up the players. They seem to still play football with 1 minute to go. 

There's always Spurs but they will have a dip in form. Maybe if Costa had taken the China deal, they are just defensively strong with attacking options so that's hard to beat. Kante and Matic are very strong in centre mid.