The Official SOCCER Thread 2016/2017

PappyTron

14 hours ago, moreblack said:

Where would we be without Ibra?

I remember BBC pundits (like Gordon Strachan) for years going on about how Ibra is overrated and "doesn't do anything for me"... while he was out winning league title after league title in every other league.

Normally I'd be happy to see him do well since he's such a great player, but he's playing for a disgusting club at the minute :P.

• Like 1

Ref wasn't gonna give the first one, but if the guy's head doesn't drop Neymar, Barca score anyway. The other one the defender wasn't even watching the ball, just looking to get in the way of Suarez. And he  did.

Edited by moreblack

16 minutes ago, moreblack said:

Ref wasn't gonna give the first one, but if the guy's head doesn't drop Neymar, Barca score anyway. The other one the defender wasn't even watching the ball, just looking to get in the way of Suarez. And he  did.

yeah you might be right!

19 hours ago, moreblack said:

They're on the verge of doing it

Didn't watch any matches this week, then read that...

I thought I missed Arsenal coming back from 5-1 down in the first leg. :P Poor Len.

Edited by AtariLegend

1 hour ago, moreblack said:

Madridistas were all over this crying EUFALONA, but where was UEFALONA in the first leg?

Ever been to Goal.com? Site filled with Barca fans that think Ronaldo is one of the worst players of his generation, that Madrid run FIFA and bribe refs every time Barca lose? 

English fans of Spanish teams are just as crazy as American voters. 

Edited by AtariLegend

2 hours ago, moreblack said:

Come on, there was never any chance of that happening.

Actually, I have seen Bayern get smashed before. Pepe's predictable tiki taka is occasionally very prone to top counter attacking teams.

Was more likely than PSG collapsing before the week started. 

Edited by AtariLegend

12 hours ago, AtariLegend said:

Actually, I have seen Bayern get smashed before. Pepe's predictable tiki taka is occasionally very prone to top counter attacking teams.

Was more likely than PSG collapsing before the week started. 

But then there's all the times Bayern's beaten Arsenal, why would it be any different this time? There's no precedent for it, not even a hint.