The Official SOCCER Thread 2016/2017

PappyTron

2 hours ago, Graeme said:

Meanwhile in Scotland, the insufferably smug wannabe-Irishmen win fucking everything without even losing a single game.

Well it's hard to lose when you're the only team in the league.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

The quintessential English teams wins the quintessential English competition and holds the record for having done so, yes Lord, I believe the planets are aligned :)

Don't spend the 100k all at once. You could get Lee Catermole on a free in the summer. 

Quiteesrntial English? The whole team is black and French under Wenger? Their only English player they sent on holiday to Bournemouth to go on the lash and smoke. 

Edited by wasted

7 minutes ago, wasted said:

Don't spend the 100k all at once. You could get Lee Catermole on a free in the summer. 

Quiteesrntial English? The whole team is black and French under Wenger? Their only English they sent on holiday to Bournemouth to go on the lash and smoke. 

In the sense that we've the strongest history in firstly the FA Cup, the quintessential English competiton, been in the English top flight the longest, never fuckin' done anything outside of England :lol: and bought so much to the English game as well as being an English team whoose history spans a great deal of decades.  United are sort of more contemporary only in that respect, Liverpool are Englands performers in Europe but in terms of being THE team domestically, well it's The Arsenal you're stuck with I'm afraid :lol:  We even worked to build an english core Wilshere Gibbs, Chambo, Chambers, Rob Holding, Theo Walcott, Ramsey (alright he's a taff, still counts!), Jenkinson etc  Fair dues most of em turned out to be wankers but we're trying :lol: 

And loadsa little things, like Herbert Chapman, he introduced the numbers on the team shirts, nets on goals, that came from The Arsenal.  We're trailblazers, always have been.

Edited by Len Cnut

1 minute ago, Len Cnut said:

In the sense that we've the strongest history in firstly the FA Cup, the quintessential English competiton, been in the English top flight the longest, never fuckin' done anything outside of England :lol: and bought so much to the English game as well as being an English team whoose history spans a great deal of decades.  United are sort of more contemporary only in that respect, Liverpool are Englands performers in Europe but in terms of being THE team domestically, well it's The Arsenal you're stuck with I'm afraid :lol:  We even worked to build an english core Wilshere Gibbs, Chambo, Chambers, Rob Holding, Theo Walcott, Ramsey (alright he's a taff, still counts!), Jenkinson etc  Fair dues most of em turned out to be wankers but we're trying :lol: 

They've won the cup a few times because on their day they can beat anyone. They humiliated Barca the other 2-0? Since Wenger came I never thought of them as English but they do play the best football, i prefer the flowing counter attacks to the full tic tac though. But it's added something extra. I feel like Utd and Liverpool are more serious about British players. Gerrard, Carragher, Nevilles, Rooney, Scholes. But now I'm not sure. The talisman at pool now is Countiho, Henderson and Lalkana arent really the backbone. Utd have a useless English back 3 of Jones, Smalling, Shaw. Rashford? Sturridge? Sterling? With Henderson and Lallana that's basically the team? 

Walcott should have played for England more but he's always injured and gets overshadow at Arsenal. 

7 hours ago, moreblack said:

I'm sure every team had its complaints this year, but overall, not the worst.
18835675_1017093468426337_48126688836847

Pochitinos alright, Klopps a goon, Peps a big headed arsehole, Wengers an old tart, Conte is a cunte :lol: and Mourinho is just a fucking wanker.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Do you not find Pep better in that regard?  He has less of the constipated rodent look about him I find.  And he dresses like a G too, which is always a plus.

No I it's Jose for me and Cantana still gives me a tingle :lol:

Just now, Len Cnut said:

See Ginola i can understand, Cantona though?  He looks like a bloke standing at a kiosk as you enter some sort of underground french S&M dungeon.

I know :lol: but he's got 'something' I like. He's so big and manly, and his accent is adorable. I bet he's great in the sack ;)

So for Madrid, they've won it 3 times in 4 times, first time to defend it in decades. Won the league.

Not much else to aim for?

As for Ronaldo he only needs one more thing in his career. Needs to make it the final of the world cup next year then head butt someone.

Edited by AtariLegend

On 1 June 2017 at 11:28 PM, Juventino said:

Oh I wish I was on a plane headed for Cardiff right about now.

Can't believe Champs league final was in Cardiff. Great stadium but but just seems weird.

44 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

What, a bit lacking in Euroness chic? A bit too Potato and Leek Pie?

Did anyone believe we were European? Everytime I went to Paris I got in a fight. Italy kind of similar. And I was born in Geneva. I'm exotic. Not sure what your average guy from Sunderland gets into. Water canons, tear gas? You can tell maybe they had no sense of humor!

8 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

Madrid what a team! bit of a boring final really .. well second half of first have saw 2 great goals and a very in the balance game but second half was just all Madrid 

Well 1st half Juve was even better team, but what happened to them in break?

RM really destroyed them in 2nd half...

5 hours ago, -Jaro- said:

Well 1st half Juve was even better team, but what happened to them in break?

RM really destroyed them in 2nd half...

I'd love to know too. Simply didn't turn up in the second half and the wait to win that cup again continues.