The Official SOCCER Thread 2016/2017

PappyTron

34 minutes ago, PappyTron said:

Has he started to look match weight yet?

He's getting there - it's already better than that West Ham game. He is also staying in Turin in the next international break rather than playing for Argentina, so that will be an important time to work hard. After that I think Higuain will be starting games.

18 minutes ago, Juventino said:

He's getting there - it's already better than that West Ham game. He is also staying in Turin in the next international break rather than playing for Argentina, so that will be an important time to work hard. After that I think Higuain will be starting games.

He's a really good player, but that is a heck of a lot of money for anyone. I think that The Old Lady should still win the league without Pogba though.

The thing was - who else could be purchased in the summer? We needed a Morata replacement and short of ensuring he stayed in Turin there weren't too many top quality strikers available. Lewandowski, Suarez, etc - they wouldn't have been let go by their clubs. So yep, we paid over the top for Higuain, but with the release clause Napoli couldn't do much.

I don't see Juve losing the crown, but Roma should be up there to challenge. Napoli too, even without Higuain.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Len B'stard said:

Leicester and Tottenham have got the softest fuckin' draw.

Some greasy metaller from some shitbag band supported em.

Great explanation :lol: 

Besides the Maiden connection though, I like supporting an underdog team. And I love the east end of London.

• Like 1

Good match of the day tonight, near enough everyone playing. Hazard played well but im not having him. Plays like a donkey for most of last season, gets his boss the sack then performs for the new guy.

Swans will be relegated this year mark my words theyve just been too shit for too long. Vardy needs to loose the fucking arm plaster it makes him look grubby.

10 minutes ago, spunko12345 said:

Good match of the day tonight, near enough everyone playing. Hazard played well but im not having him. Plays like a donkey for most of last season, gets his boss the sack then performs for the new guy.

Swans will be relegated this year mark my words theyve just been too shit for too long. Vardy needs to loose the fucking arm plaster it makes him look grubby.

Looking like old man steptoe is what makes

him look grubby mate :lol:

19 minutes ago, spunko12345 said:

What is it with England strikers? In Vardy and Kane you could have a forward partnership of Old man Steptoe and Rodney Trotter. 

See cuz they was ugly they tried extra hard at the footy, there Mums probably went to em at sometime early on in life 'well you ain't much upstairs, you ain't much to look at...can you not learn to use your feet in some way? :lol:  I hope the swans stay up myself, i like em, when they were newly promoted they played really nice football.

Edited by Len Cnut

10 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

See cuz they was ugly they tried extra hard at the footy, there Mums probably went to em at sometime early on in life 'well you ain't much upstairs, you ain't much to look at...can you not learn to use your feet in some way? :lol:  I hope the swans stay up myself, i like em, when they were newly promoted they played really nice football.

Interesting theory but how do you explain Gareth Bale? Looks and talent that kid :lol:

gareth-bale-008.jpg

43 minutes ago, moreblack said:

Couldn't help notice they tour ended just as the Prem season got started :lol:

Probably just coincidence since they wanted to end the tour at Wacken, but it did cross my mind while I was at the friendly against Juventus the day after Wacken ended :lol:

17 hours ago, Powerage5 said:

Probably just coincidence since they wanted to end the tour at Wacken, but it did cross my mind while I was at the friendly against Juventus the day after Wacken ended :lol:

They invited Slaven Bilic for Split gig, but he had some job with WHU :D

Maybe would be better if he went on stage with Maiden :D