The Official SOCCER Thread 2016/2017

PappyTron

Just now, DieselDaisy said:

Wonder if Len is hitting the Scotch? The Lily Whites beat The Arsenal I see.

Brandys more me.  But yeah, after 22 years of them finishing beneath us I'm reasonably philosophical about the whole thing.  I mean thats one to 21.  Half of Shite Hart Lane aint even old enough to remember them finishing above us so let em have their moment, the sun even shines on a dogs arse some days.  Its sort of like that one day where the spaccer kid finally scores a goal in PE, everyone knows it'll never happen again so its a big deal.

1 hour ago, Len Cnut said:

Brandys more me.  But yeah, after 22 years of them finishing beneath us I'm reasonably philosophical about the whole thing.  I mean thats one to 21.  Half of Shite Hart Lane aint even old enough to remember them finishing above us so let em have their moment, the sun even shines on a dogs arse some days.  Its sort of like that one day where the spaccer kid finally scores a goal in PE, everyone knows it'll never happen again so its a big deal.

Are you disconnecting from it so you don't have to feel it?

44 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Im onto phase 2 now, crying whilst masturbating over the video of Anfield 89 :lol:

Get stuffed alright! :lol:

It is a pity that your misogyny stops you from supporting the Arsenal Ladies. I heard they were doing quite well.

On 30/04/2017 at 9:13 PM, DieselDaisy said:

It is a pity that your misogyny stops you from supporting the Arsenal Ladies. I heard they were doing quite well.

Look, they're just shit at it, thats not my fault, is it, dont mean to say I'm misogynist, thats not a hatred for women is it, thinkin' they're naff at football, blokes are generally shite at putting a decent outfit together, dont mean to say I'm anti-bloke for thinkin' that :lol:  

Edited by Len Cnut

15 hours ago, Silent Jay said:

Newcastle turning down Zidane for £1.2m in 1996 by saying he wasn't even good enough to play in Division One.

In fairness that was English football culture back then. You'd always get pundits going on about the foreigners not being as good as the English, how England should be winning the world cup and how United were the favorite every time Madrid knocked them out of the champion's league.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AtariLegend said:

In fairness that was English football culture back then. You'd always get pundits going on about the foreigners not being as good as the English, how England should be winning the world cup and how United were the favorite every time Madrid knocked them out of the champion's league.

yes it's true. It's like when Pogba left Manchester United on a free transfer in 2012 and became the most expensive player last year.

33 minutes ago, AtariLegend said:

And its precisely this sort of obstinance which is the reason why English football ain't really progressed much since 1966.  Every other team, or nation, they see a problem and they seek to fix it, they change how they play, they , make an active push towards changing their game, Brazil have been a wonderful example of that in the past and their trophy cabinet shows it, we however are stuck in our face forward 4 4 2 agressive style and its gotten us exactly nowhere.  The truth is football in this country. needs shaking up from the ground up, I mean right from the way we teach kids the game in school.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

And its precisely this sort of obstinance which is the reason why English football ain't really progressed much since 1966.  Every other team, or nation, they see a problem and they seek to fix it, they change how they play, they , make an active push towards changing their game, Brazil have been a wonderful example of that in the past and their trophy cabinet shows it, we however are stuck in our face forward 4 4 2 agressive style and its gotten us exactly nowhere.  The truth is football in this country. needs shaking up from the ground up, I mean right from the way we teach kids the game in school.

Bollocks. 442. Beckham from the half-way line to Peter Crouch up front. Header. Problem sorted.

• Like 1