The Official SOCCER Thread 2016/2017

PappyTron

Yeah Ajax! That was so horrible, I was too afraid to watch the last minutes. The players of Ajax are so young (average 21) the pressure is a lot at that age. But they did it, yay!

oh Len, at times Kluivert's son plays with the main team of Ajax now.

9 hours ago, MB. said:

Yeah Ajax! That was so horrible, I was too afraid to watch the last minutes. The players of Ajax are so young (average 21) the pressure is a lot at that age. But they did it, yay!

oh Len, at times Kluivert's son plays with the main team of Ajax now.

Wouldn't be suprised, I'm an old man presh, I can remember Man United playing Steve Bruce, Bryan Robson, Mark Hughes, some of these guys are all well into their management careers now.  I can remember Guardiola playing football, Zindane (that was just yesterday really).

So, Ajax vs United well, you're gonna hafta adopt me for 90 mins so break out the Oranjebom and the wooden clogs.  Why was you afraid to watch, i thought they won 3-1 or something.  God i hope they stuff United!

4 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Wouldn't be suprised, I'm an old man presh, I can remember Man United playing Steve Bruce, Bryan Robson, Mark Hughes, some of these guys are all well into their management careers now.  I can remember Guardiola playing football, Zindane (that was just yesterday really).

So, Ajax vs United well, you're gonna hafta adopt me for 90 mins so break out the Oranjebom and the wooden clogs.  Why was you afraid to watch, i thought they won 3-1 or something.  God i hope they stuff United!

No, it was horrible. The first time they won 4-1. But this time the lost 3-1. See why I was afraid the last minutes.

2 minutes ago, MB. said:

No, it was horrible. The first time they won 4-1. But this time the lost 3-1. See why I was afraid the last minutes.

Oh yeah, sorry, they lost to Lyon didn't they?  I didn't see the first leg, sorry, i dunno where my fuckin' brain is lately!  Still, got there in the end eh? :)

Edited by Len Cnut

Had a great time at the Middlesbrough match today. It was great to be in the front row, inside the penalty box for my first PL match. I've never been that fussed about having good seats when I go to games - now I am. Got myself a mince pie and a pint of John Smiths Extra Smooth (Are you proud of me yet, @DieselDaisy? :lol: ) for a whopping 6 quid - it would easily cost double that for food and beer at a game back home. I had a deflected ball go right over my head in the first half - the kid next to me (He was maybe 7 or 8) REALLY wanted to get to toss a ball back in the pitch, so I was gonna let him go for it, but then someone right behind me grabbed it before he could. The coolest thing for me was, I half expected the Boro fans to be a little subdued or somber due to the impending relegation, but they still really showed up in full force. Everyone I talked to was amazed I was at the game, though I don't imagine Boro gets many international fans, let alone Americans. Everyone I talked to in both sides was actually pretty chill about the fact that I couldn't particularly care less about either team (Though the guard at my turnstiles did give me a bit of good-natured rubbing when he heard I'm a West Ham fan!)

cant wait to attend another PL match. I was gonna come over for a West Ham game in the winter next season, but now I'm thinking maybe I'll do a week and bookend it with 2 West Ham games, and try to catch a few games that week (Maybe 2 Saturday's, a Sunday, a Monday, and a Wednesday if the schedule works out right?)

On 14/05/2017 at 0:26 AM, Powerage5 said:

Had a great time at the Middlesbrough match today. It was great to be in the front row, inside the penalty box for my first PL match. I've never been that fussed about having good seats when I go to games - now I am. Got myself a mince pie and a pint of John Smiths Extra Smooth (Are you proud of me yet, @DieselDaisy? :lol: ) for a whopping 6 quid - it would easily cost double that for food and beer at a game back home. I had a deflected ball go right over my head in the first half - the kid next to me (He was maybe 7 or 8) REALLY wanted to get to toss a ball back in the pitch, so I was gonna let him go for it, but then someone right behind me grabbed it before he could. The coolest thing for me was, I half expected the Boro fans to be a little subdued or somber due to the impending relegation, but they still really showed up in full force. Everyone I talked to was amazed I was at the game, though I don't imagine Boro gets many international fans, let alone Americans. Everyone I talked to in both sides was actually pretty chill about the fact that I couldn't particularly care less about either team (Though the guard at my turnstiles did give me a bit of good-natured rubbing when he heard I'm a West Ham fan!)

cant wait to attend another PL match. I was gonna come over for a West Ham game in the winter next season, but now I'm thinking maybe I'll do a week and bookend it with 2 West Ham games, and try to catch a few games that week (Maybe 2 Saturday's, a Sunday, a Monday, and a Wednesday if the schedule works out right?)

A mince pie?!?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Powerage5 said:

I don't know, but it was the only food they had :shrugs:

What was they fuckin left over from Christmas or something?  Fuck me, I knew it was grim up North but i didnt think things had gotten that bad.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

He doesn't mean a mince pie that you get at Christmas you plonker, made of mincemeat, i.e. a concoction of dried fruit. He means a steak mince pie.

Well how am i the plonker, no one calls them mince pies! :lol:. Least not around here!

Edited by Len Cnut

15 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Well how am i the plonker, no one calls them mince pies! :lol:. Least not around here!

If you go to a butchers here and order a 'mince pie', that is what you'll get. If you order a 'steak pie' you will be given a object very similar but the beef will not be minced up, instead being cubed as per stewing beef.

Newcastle United, coached by Keegan v Sunderland, coached by Peter Reid,

(drum roll)

playing Twenty20 cricket!!

http://www.durhamccc.co.uk/news/collingwood-testimonial-events/

It is for Colly's testimonial. It will consist of cricketers, past and present, alongside a few former footballers with a penchant for cricket. I bet Graham Swann plays for Newcastle as he supports them.

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

If you go to a butchers here and order a 'mince pie', that is what you'll get. If you order a 'steak pie' you will be given a object very similar but the beef will not be minced up, instead being cubed as per stewing beef.

Yeah but at the footy you ask for a steak and kidney pie or a beef pie, not a flamin' mince pie :lol: