The Official SOCCER Thread 2016/2017

PappyTron

10 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Yeah but at the footy you ask for a steak and kidney pie or a beef pie, not a flamin' mince pie :lol:

Well I do not know about what pies are served at football matches as I do not go these days, but when I did go a few times to see the Spartans, I used to buy a mince pie and a programme - this was when I was in middle school haha.

PS

Surely at The Arsenal you order humus and a cup of plastic Italian mochachino or something ridiculous like that, to go with your la-di-da upper middle class Frenchy image. Pies are for working boys; pies, bovril and pints.

Edited by DieselDaisy

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

Well I do not know about what pies are served at football matches as I do not go these days, but when I did go a few times to see the Spartans, I used to buy a mince pie and a programme - this was when I was in middle school haha.

PS

Surely at The Arsenal you order humus and a cup of plastic Italian mochachino or something ridiculous like that, to go with your la-di-da upper middle class Frenchy image. Pies are for working boys; pies, bovril and pints.

Its all pretty much pies pints burgers and hot dogs over at the Emirates too I'm afraid, I'll take a photo next time I'm down :lol:  

13 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Its all pretty much pies pints burgers and hot dogs over at the Emirates too I'm afraid, I'll take a photo next time I'm down :lol:  

Hot dogs? Yankee doodle dandy! It gets worse.

When I was last at St James, which was for the Olympics, the food looked and smelt gross.

10 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Hot dogs? Yankee doodle dandy! It gets worse.

When I was last at St James, which was for the Olympics, the food looked and smelt gross.

I think with all that platinum memberships and boxes and all that bollocks you get tonsa posh nosh though, i got a brochure for it at work, its posh as fuck, like the paperwork my old man has for his Aston.

16 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

I think with all that platinum memberships and boxes and all that bollocks you get tonsa posh nosh though, i got a brochure for it at work, its posh as fuck, like the paperwork my old man has for his Aston.

My cricket club has an exclusive club above the members',  wine upon arrival, three course meal, etc. They have their own private pavilion you see, above the members' pavilion. I sit opposite to all of that (although I'm a member) and often see them standing up (they all seem to stand - and this is cricket. It lasts forever!) sort of preening in their suits or casual-smart attire.

On 5/14/2017 at 0:26 AM, Powerage5 said:

(Though the guard at my turnstiles did give me a bit of good-natured rubbing when he heard I'm a West Ham fan!)

Is that what they mean when they say it's friendlier up north :lol: 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, spunko12345 said:

Is that what they mean when they say it's friendlier up north :lol: 

I got searched when I was at that Olympic footy at St James' by an archetypical gigantic Geordie beast with one of those bouncers' head, skin head with a big skinfold ridge on the back of his head, forced through the fatness of the head - all bouncers seem to have heads like this! Anyhow, everybody had to empty the contents of their pockets into these little plastic bags and take them in. And you could not even see a postage stamp view of the onfield action while brandishing a beer, looking from the turnstile area through the tunnel that is, without a cop sending you back (I snuck one by the cops/guards by sipping the top and holding it beneath my jacket through my pocket haha). 

Awful. Never been back to St James' infact.

This fucks up my fantasy plan next season. If utd are in champions league it looks like City for Prem. Chelsea will also be knackered. So City big squad might out flank them. Then there's Klopp can he harrass his players to out perform. They have extra players that could challenge. 

Arsenal also if they keep theor best players, with no champs league could win prem. 

City

Arsenal

Liverpool

Chelsea

Utd

everyone's on they way out, act accordingly. 

1 hour ago, wasted said:

This fucks up my fantasy plan next season. If utd are in champions league it looks like City for Prem. Chelsea will also be knackered. So City big squad might out flank them. Then there's Klopp can he harrass his players to out perform. They have extra players that could challenge. 

Arsenal also if they keep theor best players, with no champs league could win prem

City

Arsenal

Liverpool

Chelsea

Utd

everyone's on they way out, act accordingly. 

:rofl-lol: :rofl-lol::rofl-lol: :rofl-lol::rofl-lol: :rofl-lol::rofl-lol: :rofl-lol::rofl-lol: :rofl-lol::rofl-lol: :rofl-lol::rofl-lol: :rofl-lol:

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, -Jaro- said:

:rofl-lol: :rofl-lol::rofl-lol: :rofl-lol::rofl-lol: :rofl-lol::rofl-lol: :rofl-lol::rofl-lol: :rofl-lol::rofl-lol: :rofl-lol::rofl-lol: :rofl-lol:

Not playing in champs league is going to put them up there. Chelsea will lose away to Stoke cos 3 players are injured. Same with Utd. Liverpool are overachievers with that squad. So it's City favs, with Arsenal 2nd. If they buy some more defensive players it's possible. 

7 minutes ago, wasted said:

Not playing in champs league is going to put them up there. Chelsea will lose away to Stoke cos 3 players are injured. Same with Utd. Liverpool are overachievers with that squad. So it's City favs, with Arsenal 2nd. If they buy some more defensive players it's possible. 

If they change manager could be possible, until then - just like Liverpool - Next year ...

Edited by -Jaro-

14 minutes ago, -Jaro- said:

If they change manager could be possible, until then - just like Liverpool - Next year ...

My guess is champs league games nobble teams. That's my fantasy football theory. If Arse keep their players like Sanchez, Ozil they will be tearing up the prem next season. But City maybe too strong, but they are in champs so...

At least Arsenal won something. 

I think they will win Prem next season. Without Champs league they will win 5-6 more games. That will be the focus, whereas Utd, Chelsea, City will be on the Champs. 

3 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

The quintessential English teams wins the quintessential English competition and holds the record for having done so, yes Lord, I believe the planets are aligned :)

Meanwhile in Scotland, the insufferably smug wannabe-Irishmen win fucking everything without even losing a single game.