The Official SOCCER Thread 2016/2017

PappyTron

2 hours ago, Juventino said:

I'd love to know too. Simply didn't turn up in the second half and the wait to win that cup again continues.

Since I prefer AC Milan (since van Basten, Boban, Savicevic...) really don't care how long will Juve wait for title but I was sorry because Buffon (one of few great ones from my youth)...

Also this was one of very few times I cheered for Juve because I really hate all the hype around Real/Barca and Mandzukic is one of very few Croatian players I respect theese days...

21 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

England win the world cup I see? The England teens that is.

Under 20s? The future is looking up, in the next years maybe win something. If the economy doesn't collapse and Boris starts WWIII. 

17 minutes ago, spunko12345 said:

The Australian football team really is nicknamed the Soccerroos :lol: That must have taken all of 5 seconds to dream up. Living upside down must do strange things to a person's brain :lol:

Western Australia Cricket Team, the glorious team of Lillee and Marsh, re-branded themselves two-three years ago as (drum roll),

''alcoholthinkagain. Western Warriors''.

The odd use of lower-case and punctuation mark is theirs.

• 1 month later...

Headed to the Derby in Houston on Thursday..... Anyone think ill get my ass kicked or yelled at if I wear my new Liverpool jeresy? Not really a fan of any on the Manchester teams, but I am a fan of the PL brining more games state side! 

and yes I know this is soccer, i can take a little banter and bullshit, but I don't want it to totally wreck the experience just because I wore the kit of my favorite team. Im thinking since its the U.S., no one is going to give a shit

Edited by KeyserSoze

5 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

Headed to the Derby in Houston on Thursday..... Anyone think ill get my ass kicked or yelled at if I wear my new Liverpool jeresy? Not really a fan of any on the Manchester teams, but I am a fan of the PL brining more games state side! 

and yes I know this is soccer, i can take a little banter and bullshit, but I don't want it to totally wreck the experience just because I wore the kit of my favorite team. Im thinking since its the U.S., no one is going to give a shit

Man Utd and Liverpool fans hate each other. I would just wear a 'normal' shirt with no team on it. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, xBrownstonex said:

I dont think football fans in the us are going to kick anybodys ass. Most of them probably won't even know what or where liverpool is, seeing as its texas.

Then you have more hardcore fans from Europe who travels to the US to follow the matches there, like my brother. They will probably enjoy a solitary scouser.

On 18/07/2017 at 4:58 PM, KeyserSoze said:

Please do not do it. It is just not the thing to do. Take my word for it.

On 19 July 2017 at 10:04 AM, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Is there many Mancunians going to be there? 

I would definitely not wear a Liverpool shirt around the away supporters of Utd. 

I dunno, i was with a bunch of Gooners chanting 'LIVE ROUND THE CORNER, YOU ONLY LIVE AROUND THE CORNER!' at em after we beat em 3-1 at The Emirates, didnt get much of a response.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ChineseDemocracy2004 said:

Why Neymar? Why?

Money, an awful lot of money.

I'm going to go out on the limb and say this is a big mistake for PSG. Sure he'll score more goals in France, but he's not wining the European Cup for them multiple times.

Could be wrong.

Watched the England Women v the Dutch and they were awful, fluffed passes, dispossession, long balls, defensive calamities.

They were nearly as bad as the England men - alright alright, I'll apologies for that remark, that being a bit of a cruel insult.

On 8/4/2017 at 7:16 AM, xBrownstonex said:

People like Neymar lost touch with reality. He will earn 80.000 Euros PER DAY at PSG. This sport is disconnecting itself from the people more and more.

It's not Neymar's fault, he is getting paid what people are willing to pay him.   I agree with the rest of your sentiment, this what has happened to sports in the US some time ago. 

The players are paid so much, they are disconnected from the populous.  But, its not the fault of those getting paid.  

If someone offered you 1 million dollars a year to jerk off every day, I know you'd do it.  But, it would certainly disconnect you from the rest of the people.  But, it isn't your fault, it's the fault of whoever is willing to overpay you for that activity.