Richard Fortus: I Identify A Lot With Izzy Personally And Musically

3 minutes ago, RONIN said:

As long as they primarily keep playing AFD and UYI at every show (which Axl has done since 2001), then yes, it's still Izzy's band. 

You don't seem to understand that this band is a legacy act that is still cashing in on albums they wrote 30 yrs ago. Why shouldn't Izzy share in that when he wrote a huge chunk of those songs?

Until this band releases new music, they haven't moved on from the past.

Izzy has mentioned plenty of times that if everyone got back together again, he'd be interested in playing with them. This was confirmed by Marc Canter.

AMEN!

3 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Slash and Duff quit also.

Apparently it was Duff the driving force behind the "reunion" and someone whose name I don't remember right now said Duff told him it was his goal to put Axl and Slash in a room together.

How about the whole purpose of this was just to bring back Axl and Slash together and not once the thought of a "reunion" of the AFD 5?

Just now, RONIN said:

As long as they primarily keep playing AFD and UYI at every show (which Axl has done since 2001), then yes, it's still Izzy's band. 

You don't seem to understand that this band is a legacy act that is still cashing in on albums they wrote 30 yrs ago. Why shouldn't Izzy share in that when he wrote a huge chunk of those songs?

Izzy has mentioned plenty of times that if everyone got back together again, he'd be interested in playing with them. This was confirmed by Marc Canter.

I don't agree with this being Izzy's band. It is Axl's band, as far as I know, not even Slash or Duff.... but maybe that changed now and we don't know yet.

There is an album called "Chinese Democracy" released in 2008 under the Guns N' Roses brand and several songs from said album have been consistently played in Guns N' Roses shows probably since 2006 and on.

So I guess there is material not written by Izzy, Slash, Duff and Adler that is being played in the shows. I'm not saying they constitute 90% of the setlist but it's not like there is only AFD and UYI.

What is strange is that, according to you, Izzy cares about the "band" cashing in on albums they wrote 30 years ago JUST NOW. :rolleyes:

Why didn't he care about the tours from 2006, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014? :rolleyes:

Actually, I think he made a couple guests appearances during those years and doesn't look like he was unhappy about it...

burrn6xk3.jpg

I have not heard or read about Izzy wanting permanently back in this band. And if he wanted that, doesn't look like he made a huge effort to have his way back in :shrugs:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, killuridols said:

How about the whole purpose of this was just to bring back Axl and Slash together and not once the thought of a "reunion" of the AFD 5?

Well that would be a sad missed opportunity considering the ADF 5 were by far the greatest incarnation of Guns, and they are all alive.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Well that would be a sad missed opportunity considering the ADF 5 were by far the greatest incarnation of Guns, and they are all alive.

I don't know about that. They were great in 1987.

If all of them really want to go back to that, they will. If not, the fans should stop trying to force these guys into doing things they don't want to do.

I'm not sure the mere fact of being alive is enough to bring people together and act like it was 1987 all over again.

Just now, killuridols said:

I don't know about that. They were great in 1987.

If all of them really want to go back to that, they will. If not, the fans should stop trying to force these guys into doing things they don't want to do.

I'm not sure the mere fact of being alive is enough to bring people together and act like it was 1987 all over again.

They are already ''acting like it is 1987''! Nearly 33% of the setlist is Appetite! The group which, by a large margin, performed those songs best is the 1980's group. Adler's appearance, short as it was, raised the barometer on those two particular songs.

I'd almost agree if they (the hybrid) had written new songs and were performing them.

Hey it's great that Axl, Slash, Duff are doing their thing.  It is just like the Illusion tour with Gilby, Matt, and Zig Zag - these additional musicians replaced those guys.

Would we love to see original 5?  Hell yes!

But I don't think the amount of egos and input that would be required is possible.  Just my thought. 

Right now you have Axl and Slash with Duff as the mediator.  Throw more peas in the pot, and it might not work from the ego standpoint.

Sad but true.

Edited by BadApples87

5 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

They are already ''acting like it is 1987''! Nearly 33% of the setlist is Appetite! The group which, by a large margin, performed those songs best is the 1980's group. Adler's appearance, short as it was, raised the barometer on those two particular songs.

I'd almost agree if they (the hybrid) had written new songs and were performing them.

Maybe they all reunite in 2017 to celebrate the 30th anniversary of AFD. Play a couple shows and make some people happy.

I really don't see them all back together again, writting new stuff and releasing it.

Unconsistent guys like Adler and strange Izzy make this impossible. Things don't seem to have changed that much in that aspect since 1987.

But who knows? :shrugs:

My biggest hope is to hear new music and at this point, I really don't care who writes it or plays it, as long as it is Axl's voice and not Myles Kennedy or someone like that...

2 hours ago, RONIN said:

Axl wanted to bury AFD, looks like he will play a majority of those songs every night till he is buried...

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Slash787 said:

Then around 2 years ago he said he won't share the same stage with Slash, now when Axl is friends with Slash, so he is sharing the same stage with Slash? Fortus should grow some balls, at least Bumblefoot spoke his mind.

Well He dont know Slash will back 2 years later, Even tho He quit like Ron, Tommy N' DJ, There no one who can/will fill His position. If You say Izzy, I dunno if Izzy want to back to GN'R again. Or maybe it will be hard to make Izzy back 

I think paul is closer in approach to izzy, but richard does have the right feel for izzy's rhythm parts. His you're crazy interpretation is a good example. But he is also a lead player and he does have a more fluid sound there but his playing has obvious blues and hard rock influence and he can make it sound dirty and mean but never choppy and sloppy like izzy which was part of the sound and magic of old guns. Fortus and slash make a killer team of their own. Still bluesy but more concise and rocks harder.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Get In the Ring Motherfker said:

So now Fortus is eligible to sing 14 years instead of Izzy

I look forward to buying and listening to Live Era II: 2016

Band Members:

Axl Rose

Richard Fortus

Frank Ferrer

#MelissaReed

Additional Musicians:

Slash

Duff

Steven Adler

• Like 2

Can't wait to see people whine when Izzy does come back if he ever does. No one would be happy even if steven and izzy came back, someone would find something to bitch about. I for one like fortus. Seeing my favorite band live was amazing. They could play My world over and over and I'd still be smiling like a little school boy. Just saying that GNR will never please anyone they cant. Waaaaaaaas melissa sucks, ewww shes a girl, Waaaaaaaa no izzy Waaaaaaaa fortus sucks, Waaaaaaaa to many chinese songs, Waaaaaaaa axls voice Waaaaaaaa slash isn't playing Robins parts right. Waaaaaaaa Waaaaaaaa Waaaaaaaa 

• Like 2