Official Japan Tour Announced

10 minutes ago, estrangedtwat said:

Problem is the Japanese system of "lotteries"....he really can't guarantee a ticket cause he has no better chances than anyone.

If it doesn't pre-sell out, and there are still tix left when it goes to general public, I can buy tickets for forum members with NO markup.

How's that?

YES, PLEASE!

1 minute ago, serendipity said:

Not at all. We are on the same boat. He has yet to make applications and send me the confirmation

Well, I contacted him as soon as the Nightrain presale started when I realized that I couldn't do anything so that may explain why he already took care of my application.

Edited by Nalbi

2 minutes ago, estrangedtwat said:

If it doesn't sell out, if the tickets are still available, I'll do what I can.  But I'm certainly not made of money.  But I'll help if I can.

That would be great.

For me my plans are not 100% confirmed, for me everything depends on the show tickets and getting a Visa to Japan.

Buying the tickets was anyways a gamble for me and I am ready to take it if they are available through any legit means, but yeah getting a Visa also depends too. 

5 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

That would be great.

For me my plans are not 100% confirmed, for me everything depends on the show tickets and getting a Visa to Japan.

Buying the tickets was anyways a gamble for me and I am ready to take it if they are available through any legit means, but yeah getting a Visa also depends too. 

Where are you flying from? I must must must get a ticket. My flights are non-refundable, and pretty costly too

7 minutes ago, serendipity said:

Where are you flying from? I must must must get a ticket. My flights are non-refundable, and pretty costly too

This is why I haven't booked flight tickets till now. 

I always wanted to visit Japan, I had very high hopes, but after this credit card thing, I lost hope, now I regained some hope from this Alan thing, but I just don't want to have so high hopes.

Btw will it be freezing in Japan at the end of Jan? will it be snowing? 

9 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

This is why I haven't booked flight tickets till now. 

I always wanted to visit Japan, I had very high hopes, but after this credit card thing, I lost hope, now I regained some hope from this Alan thing, but I just don't want to have so high hopes.

It snowed when i was in tokyo in feb a couple of years ago. But not freezing crazy cold

It snows maybe once or twice a winter in Tokyo.  Very mild.

You can go see Mt Fuji but you won't be allowed to climb it in the winter.  Pretty dangerous...it's all ice.   But you can take a bullet train from Tokyo and see Mt Fuji up close...it's about an hour ride from the city.

Also be aware that Narita airport where you'll arrive is a good one and a half to two hours from Tokyo.

And Saitama Super Arena is also about an hour or more from Tokyo, but in another direction.  So if you're coming to Japan JUST for the concert, it might be cheaper to stay in Saitama rather than Tokyo.

14 minutes ago, estrangedtwat said:

And Saitama Super Arena is also about an hour or more from Tokyo, but in another direction.  So if you're coming to Japan JUST for the concert, it might be cheaper to stay in Saitama rather than Tokyo.

Thanks for the info. Will think more when i get the concert tix

27 minutes ago, estrangedtwat said:

It snows maybe once or twice a winter in Tokyo.  Very mild.

You can go see Mt Fuji but you won't be allowed to climb it in the winter.  Pretty dangerous...it's all ice.   But you can take a bullet train from Tokyo and see Mt Fuji up close...it's about an hour ride from the city.

Also be aware that Narita airport where you'll arrive is a good one and a half to two hours from Tokyo.

I won't be climbing Mt. Fuji lol, just a day trip with the bullet train from Tokyo, I will be doing a proper tour to it (IF I GO)

I will be doing both, sightseeing and seeing the show also, so thats why I prefer to stay in Tokyo

The best way is the train to go to other cities and areas, Japan has one of the best system. I might be staying near Ueno station, that is well connected to Saitama Arena. 

I heard Taxi's are very expensive, can you tell me how Expensive they are? 

6 minutes ago, EverythingWasRoses said:

Just got an update from Alan saying I have been entered into the lottery. He says he will let me know the results after September 1st.

Guess there's not much we can do now, just cross our fingers and hope for the best.

Since yesterday I haven't got anything from him......

Taxis are insanely expensive.  Total rip off.  Something like $9 for the first 2 kilometers and then it starts going up every 100 meters or so.   I've seen people wastes hundreds of dollars on cab fare.

Just stick to the trains, they can get you anywhere you need to go.   Only problem with the trains is that they don't run all night, so wherever you are at midnight, you're gonna be there til 5 or 6 AM!

42 minutes ago, estrangedtwat said:

Taxis are insanely expensive.  Total rip off.  Something like $9 for the first 2 kilometers and then it starts going up every 100 meters or so.   I've seen people wastes hundreds of dollars on cab fare.

Just stick to the trains, they can get you anywhere you need to go.   Only problem with the trains is that they don't run all night, so wherever you are at midnight, you're gonna be there til 5 or 6 AM!

Thats what Im scared about, if the show starts late, the last train leaving is at 12.30am, IF I go on the show on Sunday, on Monday I will be leaving for Osaka, so If I don't reach back on time, then all my plans will be fucked. 

7 minutes ago, serendipity said:

Alan emailed me saying the lottery enteries will be made 24-48 hours. I asked if i could have the ticket mailed to me (im willing to pay extra for that) and he said only e-voucher will be given

I still got no email from him.......

I guess he won't do my entry......

On 8/24/2016 at 9:46 PM, Slash787 said:

Its just hard to trust anyone on Ebay. 

Hi Fellow Fans,

Thought I'd join in seeing as how my ebay listing was linked to from here.

I definitely hope I can be trusted :)

I got my tickets during the pre-sale and curiously, you could register an account on the Japanese 'e+' ticketing site, order the tickets, and opt to pay and collect at any Family Mart convenience store, WITHOUT a Japanese credit card. It took me a long while with my very basic knowledge of Japanese and a whole lot of Google Translate to figure that out, and I almost missed the cut-off time. I got a friend of a friend who was in Japan at that time to go make payment and send me the vouchers for a meal and a pint (you only get to collect the tickets from 15 Dec 2016).

So I got myself 4 tix all prepared for my mates to join me but the cost of the ticket and travel costs are a bit of a deterrent.

I'm prepared to sell 2 tix (VIP Standing) at cost (what I paid for including ticketing fees/bank transfers etc) of SGD450 (around USD332) each, plus postage to wherever.

This is for Osaka tho; I do realise most of you are talking about Tokyo. 

PM me if you're interested. Cheers!

On 8/17/2016 at 11:22 AM, Powerage5 said:

That's always the case with Japanese shows. I had to go through that when I saw Maiden in Tokyo in April - by far the worst time I've had getting tickets to a gig. Basically, if you don't have someone who lives in Japan you have no way to get tickets. I got it sorted out eventually, but it was close - I almost didn't manage. One of my Japanese friends had to get over 150 tickets for other people, for each gig. Plus, the way their ticketing systems work, its sort of a lottery; you don't know where your seats are until the tickets are mailed out, about 3 weeks before the gig. So let's say you want GA - if you get a ticket in that price tier, you won't know until a few weeks before the show if you actually got GA or if you got a seated ticket at the same price tier.

Having lived here (Tokyo) for several years I understand what you are saying. However, in December 2012 I was able to score a general admission main floor ticket for Guns n' Roses at Zepp Tokyo for face value from a scalper outside the venue. Zepp Tokyo's capacity is only 2,709. I am almost certain all three Japanese dates will sell out, but I have no doubt I can go the scalper route at the venue the day of the show. Just bring a sign that says "I want to buy a ticket please" or something similar in Japanese and they'll approach you. To those who are going, see you at the shows!

On 8/26/2016 at 0:42 AM, Slash787 said:

You'll want to bring a winter or heavy coat...it will be very cold but not freezing. It seldom snows in Osaka and Saitama in January, and when it does it is only a trace amount. If it were Feb/Mar they may receive a couple of inches.

On 8/26/2016 at 2:47 AM, Slash787 said:

Thats what Im scared about, if the show starts late, the last train leaving is at 12.30am, IF I go on the show on Sunday, on Monday I will be leaving for Osaka, so If I don't reach back on time, then all my plans will be fucked. 

Concerts start early in Japan, often between 5pm to 7pm. Even if they go on at 9 pm and do three hours you should have an hour to work with in the train. If you take the high speed Shinkansen (bullet train) from Tokyo to Osaka it's only about 2 hrs 45 mins.

3 hours ago, Toygunz said:

Hi Fellow Fans,

Thought I'd join in seeing as how my ebay listing was linked to from here.

I definitely hope I can be trusted :)

I got my tickets during the pre-sale and curiously, you could register an account on the Japanese 'e+' ticketing site, order the tickets, and opt to pay and collect at any Family Mart convenience store, WITHOUT a Japanese credit card. It took me a long while with my very basic knowledge of Japanese and a whole lot of Google Translate to figure that out, and I almost missed the cut-off time. I got a friend of a friend who was in Japan at that time to go make payment and send me the vouchers for a meal and a pint (you only get to collect the tickets from 15 Dec 2016).

So I got myself 4 tix all prepared for my mates to join me but the cost of the ticket and travel costs are a bit of a deterrent.

I'm prepared to sell 2 tix (VIP Standing) at cost (what I paid for including ticketing fees/bank transfers etc) of SGD450 (around USD332) each, plus postage to wherever.

This is for Osaka tho; I do realise most of you are talking about Tokyo. 

PM me if you're interested. Cheers!

Hey i was the one who contacted you to ask abt the tickets. I have bought my flights to tokyo, perfect timing long weeknd holiday in singapore. Really wished you had the tokyo ones instead

3 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

Concerts start early in Japan, often between 5pm to 7pm. Even if they go on at 9 pm and do three hours you should have an hour to work with in the train. If you take the high speed Shinkansen (bullet train) from Tokyo to Osaka it's only about 2 hrs 45 mins.

I know there is a bullet train to Osaka, but the thing is that IF I go on the 29th, then at night I would like to come back to my hotel as I will leave for Osaka after 7am, so I don't want to spend 5 hours at the station waiting for the train to get to my hotel and then pick up my stuff and then leave for Osaka.

I don't even know If I will go on the show for the 28th or 29th, everything depends on the lottery and IF ive been even chosen or not.

If you or any one can recommend me a good site where I could buy train tickets from Tokyo to Osaka on the bullet train?