Sammy Hagar Apologizes to Van Halen

BadApples87

http://www.vhnd.com/2016/08/17/sammy-hagar-apologizes-to-van-halen-exclusive-video/

Here's the deal: Van Halen I, Van Halen 1984, and Van Halen 5150 are some of the best albums ever made.  Eddie Van Halen is a groundbreaking guitarist.

But, Ed and Alex are dicks.  3 singers, 3 breakups.  Totally dissed Michael Anthony, which is bullshit. 

We see a theme here.

Sammy wants them to be on friendly terms, because life is short.  That's cool.  But Ed and Alex have some apologizing to do themselves.

3 hours ago, DMathski said:

Yes Ed and Alex AND Dave are dicks. At this stage yes it would be all cool if Sammy, Ed and Alex just all apologize and be friends that's cool. Dave is such a horrible singer now I don't think anyone would pay any money to see them. 

He's actually not bad...when he actually tries. One of the shows I saw last year was actually quite good vocally. 

Regardless, I'd rather see them with Dave any day of the week, since they only play their good stuff with Dave.

• Like 1

I honestly don't care if Sammy can sing better than Dave, since that's been the case ever since the beginning. The songs are simply not entertaining enough for me to shell out money for them. So Roth, iffy singer or not, will still be my choice. I mean, I like Van Hagar to a point, but a whole concert of it? Pass. Better singers can't make up better material on the fly.

• Like 1

On 8/17/2016 at 5:35 PM, BadApples87 said:

http://www.vhnd.com/2016/08/17/sammy-hagar-apologizes-to-van-halen-exclusive-video/

Here's the deal: Van Halen I, Van Halen 1984, and Van Halen 5150 are some of the best albums ever made.  Eddie Van Halen is a groundbreaking guitarist.

But, Ed and Alex are dicks.  3 singers, 3 breakups.  Totally dissed Michael Anthony, which is bullshit. 

We see a theme here.

Sammy wants them to be on friendly terms, because life is short.  That's cool.  But Ed and Alex have some apologizing to do themselves.

I think when you build a lot of stuff up against someone, you don't really think about the good times. 

Sam became defensive about Mike's abilities as a player. Over the years Alex became Ed's yes man but after reading Rising, he and Dave were the driving force in pushing Ed hard and pushing each other to greatness. 

With the first VH album turning 40 in a couple of years, they're probably going to plan something around it with Dave. Even though Ed said Dave didn't seem interested in a new album and it seemed like Dave was done with Van Halen, more recently (on a Roth Show episode), he did hint that it will probably happen. They take long breaks from each other, which is how I also think GNR are going to be from this point on, but GNR did the right thing by not waiting too long to do it.