[Classic Rock] The 10 Worst GN'R Songs

Dead Horse, Perfect Crime and Reckless Life? I understand why people wouldn't like Riad or Scraped but they're not the worst by far.

So Fine, Shotgun Blues, Get In The Ring, You Ain't The First and Move To The City are all worse than those mentioned above in my opinion.

I tried coming up with my own list and I can't even think of 10 GNR songs I don't like.

I can think of two that I can without a doubt say are bad:

• I Don't Care About You
  • Scraped

And several more I would call weak, which I don't mind but for which I don't really have any affection either

• Anything Goes
  • Back Off Bitch
  • Shotgun Blues
  • New Rose
  • Buick Makane / Big Dumb Sex
  • Look at Your Game Girl

I like all the others. I'd have to dig really deep to find any I don't, into the unreleased collection

• Silkworms in the first category
  • Sentimental Movie in the second

1 minute ago, Len B'stard said:

I like Bad Apples, i think it's an interesting observation on big city life, it's cynical, it's got a sense of humour, it could be interpreted a few different way, there's enough there to make it interesting for a good while. 

Honestly It just din't appeal to me that much. 

Don't know what you're all bitching about, I would say this is a pretty accurate list. All of the songs on it suck to varying degrees, with the exception of Dead Horse and Human Being, which I would replace on the list with Get In The Ring and If The World (now THAT song is a turd).

Edited by Towelie

Five worst for me:

1) Sorry - just musically and lyrically uninteresting. Tries for a Floyd vibe, fails.

2) IRS - sounds like a circa 1990 Illusions outtake 

3) You Ain't the First - definition of filler. A very slick and phoned in attempt to recapture the organic magic of Lies.

4) November Rain - saccharin was, self indulgent, overwrought, cheesy

5) My World - basically a demo 

Perfect Crime is killer, Anything Goes is very 70s Aerosmith, Dead Horse is a nice cynical song, Reckless Life is a lesser number but isn't bad.