[Classic Rock] The 10 Worst GN'R Songs

For me Scraped and Riad are the two massive clunkers on ChiDem. The former is a complete mess all over, from the awful auto tuned intro to the horrendous backing vocals that run throughout. I fail to see how these 'embelishments' could've been seen as helping to improve the song. I will however give that the solo is quite cool. Never liked Riad from the first time I heard it on a bootleg in 2001. When I saw it had made the final album, I was disappointed! From the Slash/Duff years part 1, I always thought Shotgun Blues was pretty woeful. Also just going to put it right out there and say I think November Rain is crap! Not my thing at all, however the outro is insanely good. Get that some people love the song, but it's not for me. 

Every band has crap tracks in the locker. GNR is no different. Plenty of good stuff in there though! 

The worst? I'd say:

1. Get in the Ring (UYI II)

2. Shotgun Blues (UYI II)

3. So Fine (UYI II)

4. Estranged (UYI II)

5. My World (UYI II)

Man, II sucks. I is the best. The ending aka from Don't Damn Me to Coma is Guns at its finest.

This must be one of the dumbest lists concerning GNR ever.  I can understand why someone would put 'Scraped' and 'Rhiad' on a list of 'worst GNR songs', and I'm personally not too fond of 'Human Being'.  But those are 2 non-gnr songs and 1 cover.  The rest of the list (excluding 'My World' which in my book is not a song per see) are STONE COLD CLASSICS  !!!

Second mistake was to put 'Madagascar' in a list of GNR classics.  Great song, not GNR though.

16 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

The lyrics in Sorry are horrendous.

Riad is ruined by its production. There are some interesting things going on there but the song is swamped in overdubs.

Those are not even Guns N' Roses songs. 

3 hours ago, Silent Jay said:

It has a lot of history though, Rio '01, Mtv Awards.. Complete new experience, that stand on its own.

Awesome history there !  MTV Awards, probably the pinnacle of cringe-worthy Axl moments !  I'm not even going into the debacle that was RIR '01.

I'm ok with it 'standing on its own', but please, let it 'stand on its own' and don't associate it with the real GNR...

Dead Horse is in no way one of their worst songs but I'd have nominated it for most overrated along with Breakdown on that other thread. Everybody else on here is in love with those two except me.

On 8/18/2016 at 8:25 PM, Babooshka said:

This is some cheap clickbait crap right here. Bad Apples is in no way their worst song.

I was gonna respond to each one individually, but you've pretty much recapped my thoughts here.